Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 91 to 120 of 120
Like Tree5Likes
Methadone + Xanax = Lethal?
  1. #91
    Robert_325 is offline Retired
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    16,689

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by carvedinst0ne View Post
    At a methadone clinic I am on 100 mg of methadone a day, it only took about a month to get me up there from 40 mg,and am on 3 mgs a day of xanax. My dr knows all about the methadone and is the one who prescribes me the xanax. so you are going to be fine.




    Pennicillin saves some people's lives and kills the next person who is allergic to it. Just because this medicine cocktail works for you doens't give you the right to tell everyone else, even people you don't know from Adam or anything about their medical history that they will be fine. You don't know! It may kill them even though you live through it on a daily basis.

    Maybe they will be fine, but maybe they won't. Do you want it on your conscience that you told them to take something that killed them? They will probably be okay under the care of a dr, but I'm not telling them they are okay because I survived it. I've survived lots of things that would have killed most people.

    That isn't the kind of adivce we throw around on this forum. We are talking to the masses, NOT one person like yourself. Just think about what you're doing and saying before you make a blanket statement like that. You don't KNOW for sure who will be fine and who won't. THAT is a fact! God bless.
    momofive likes this.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

  2. #92
    Anonymous Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mismissa1 View Post
    i just wanted 2 say that methadone isnt a drug..its a medication. yes there are idiots that do misuse the medication so bad things happen, & sometimes bad things happen 2 people trying 2 get help & they arent misusing it but this medication is wonderful...i got addidicted 2 pain pills like so many do after surgeries & the withdrawl is so bad..so so bad..it can last up to 4weeks..imagine flulike symtoms,migranes,chills,clammy sweats,insomnia,restless legs,diarhea,watery eyes non stop and yawning runny nose and cant move because it feels like you have iron rods for bones..im only on 30mg of methadone and it takes all that away and i feel normal..not high not groggy NORMAL!! a person doesnt have 2 be on it 4ever you can gradually go down 2mg a week and your body doesnt feel affected so that one day your off the medicine. im sorry for losses everyone..just know that they were needing that help its unbearable and they were trying ...god bless everyone and i hope your pain goes away quickly
    Oh missa, im glad you think its only a medication, but its a drug FOR SURE. one of THE hardest to get off, and im talkin from experience,
    im also pleased you think coming down 2mg and "your body doesnt feel affected so that one day your off the medicine"

    i just want to give you the heads up, it sounds like you havent been on for long, but trust me, methadone will grab you by the balls and hang on tight.it is a hard core DRUG usually for hard core users. not to be taken lightly.

    even tapering down to zero, you suffer horrible withdrawls for weeks, so you are back to your original position, you will suffer at some time or another, its inevitable.

    sorry to burst your bubble, but thats the whole reason people stay on for blimmin years matey, its really hard to come off.

    good luck
    cheeky

    good luck to you tho,

  3. #93
    ARTIST658 is offline Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    2,226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mismissa1 View Post
    i just wanted 2 say that methadone isnt a drug..its a medication. yes there are idiots that do misuse the medication so bad things happen, & sometimes bad things happen 2 people trying 2 get help & they arent misusing it but this medication is wonderful...i got addidicted 2 pain pills like so many do after surgeries & the withdrawl is so bad..so so bad..it can last up to 4weeks..imagine flulike symtoms,migranes,chills,clammy sweats,insomnia,restless legs,diarhea,watery eyes non stop and yawning runny nose and cant move because it feels like you have iron rods for bones..im only on 30mg of methadone and it takes all that away and i feel normal..not high not groggy NORMAL!! a person doesnt have 2 be on it 4ever you can gradually go down 2mg a week and your body doesnt feel affected so that one day your off the medicine. im sorry for losses everyone..just know that they were needing that help its unbearable and they were trying ...god bless everyone and i hope your pain goes away quickly
    Mismissa,

    Some posts boggle my mind so completely that I scarcely know where to begin to respond!

    I have no idea why you feel the need to differentiate a "drug" from a "medication," but it sounds like you think that medications are ok, where drugs are not. Actually, all you're doing by labelling them differently is fueling your own denial of your personal situation. Sorry to inform you - but no matter the name you give them, ALL of these chemical substances are exceedingly dangerous - and highly addictive.

    Sadly, you have been ill-informed about methadone. That litany of dire withdrawal symptoms may provide you with self-justification for using the methadone; but it doesn't change anything. You have switched addictions. Methadone is just another narcotic, whether you label it a 'medication' or a 'drug.' Perhaps you are adhering to the correct dosage now, so you think it's perfectly safe. It certainly is not. To top it off, methadone is one of the *worst* drugs to withdraw from, when you finally choose to do so.

    I had to chuckle when you suggested we "imagine" the list of withdrawal symptoms you went through. You may be new to the site, so perhaps you don't know *us* that well. You are in a forum of many addicts - some still struggling with it, and many who have succeeding in overcoming it. Like many others here, I have gotten past "cold turkey" withdrawal from narcotics - and did not turn to another narcotic (methadone) to do so. I have stayed away from any addictive substance for nearly 7 years, and now work in the field. I witness drug withdrawal on a daily basis with my clients. Rarely - extremely rarely - do we resort to methadone; and that is usually only because a person is already on a methadone maintenance program before they reach our treatment center.

    I find your post offensive from the moment you referred to some folks as "idiots" for abusing their "medication." Well, if that's how you feel, then you must be in that same category, since you already admitted having been addicted to pain "medication." Addiction is a DISEASE, and to refer to anyone as an "idiot" for becoming sick with addiction only demonstrates your utter ignorance of the complexities of this disease.

    Why not post here down the road, AFTER you've done that gentle "gradual 2 mg a week" reduction off methadone, and then tell us what you have learned about this drug? We promise not to call you an "idiot."

    God bless,
    Ruth

  4. #94
    ARTIST658 is offline Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    2,226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by carvedinst0ne View Post
    At a methadone clinic I am on 100 mg of methadone a day, it only took about a month to get me up there from 40 mg,and am on 3 mgs a day of xanax. My dr knows all about the methadone and is the one who prescribes me the xanax. so you are going to be fine.
    I just stumbled across this thread, and thought my hair was going to going to be set ablaze when I read this! I was very thankful to find Robert has already addressed it quite well.

    All I want to add is: AMEN, Robert - well said!!!


  5. #95
    ARTIST658 is offline Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    2,226

    Default To anyone considering mixing benzos and opiates

    Quote Originally Posted by carvedinst0ne View Post
    At a methadone clinic I am on 100 mg of methadone a day, it only took about a month to get me up there from 40 mg,and am on 3 mgs a day of xanax. My dr knows all about the methadone and is the one who prescribes me the xanax. so you are going to be fine.

    Last night, Robert_325 posted a message that you need to read: http://www.drugs.com/forum/need-talk...tml#post289774

    THIS is the grim reality of the consequences of mixing opiates and xanax. A broken-hearted, dear man is burying his 20-year-old son. THIS is where your kind of "advice" can easily lead.

    THINK long and hard before you post such dreadful "advice" again on these boards. People are reading. People are paying attention. Could you live with yourself if your post led to another person's death???

    By the way, for your own sake, reconsider what you're doing. The same concoction of pills can be "fine" for you one day, and kill you the next. You have no idea what is going on in your body - your liver, your kidneys, your respiration and your brain - when you're taking in this mixture of powerful drugs. Personally, my "quack-factor" meter jumped on this doctor's "wisdom."

    As you probably know, as this disease progresses, early on, our tolerance builds - so that is why we need more and more of a drug to get the same "high." BUT - further along with the progression of this disease, our tolerance actually DROPS. Suddenly, unexpectedly, we can't tolerate nearly as much of a drug as we used to - and that is oftentimes what leads to unexpected overdose and death.

    God bless,
    Ruth


  6. #96
    xxoopusiecatooxx is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1

    Thumbs down Mrigirl response

    MRIgirl, number one of MANY Things, you need to learn how to spell a few words, one including INQUIRY. Two, if someone decides to come to a thread and ask advice, which takes some confidence and gall, you should not be a moral threat and act like you are better and are some sort of God playing person. If you can't respond like a normal person, don't respond at all. GET A LIFE. And also, for you to know this information, means YOU have been in that place you speak of; being at more than one doctor, abusing pills etc. I am a physician and a parapsychologist and I can read you clearer than a book. Please allow people that need help to get it wherever that they can access, no matter what they ask. It is either they ask and get possible help, or go ahead and do what they don't know and possible kill themselves and others. THINK BEFORE YOU SPEAK.

  7. #97
    GeorgiaGirl is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xxoopusiecatooxx View Post
    MRIgirl, number one of MANY Things, you need to learn how to spell a few words, one including INQUIRY. Two, if someone decides to come to a thread and ask advice, which takes some confidence and gall, you should not be a moral threat and act like you are better and are some sort of God playing person. If you can't respond like a normal person, don't respond at all. GET A LIFE. And also, for you to know this information, means YOU have been in that place you speak of; being at more than one doctor, abusing pills etc. I am a physician and a parapsychologist and I can read you clearer than a book. Please allow people that need help to get it wherever that they can access, no matter what they ask. It is either they ask and get possible help, or go ahead and do what they don't know and possible kill themselves and others. THINK BEFORE YOU SPEAK.
    Thank you for posting because I totally agree with all you have said. I don't like people who condemn others and especially if they are aware of the fact "addiction is a disease." I believe we all can be polite to one another even if we disagree with what they are doing. What works for one person may not work for everyone, I don't understand why people can't see we are not all alike. What works for one person may not work for another.

    I can say methadone saved my life. I tried it all and methadone was my last resort but I knew the day I started on the medication, it was going to work for me. I would have given anything if someone would have told me about it earlier. I assumed methadone was just for >>>>>> addiction and not for me because I was taking prescription drugs (stupid). I never thought about how long I would be taking methadone when I started nor whether it was addictive
    because at that point in my life I just needed something to stop the withdrawals, depression and the agonizing cravings I went through because my pain medication would always run out and I needed more. Sometimes, I had to see another doctor and I felt like a criminal but I had been on opiates for so long I had built up a tolerance. I won't go into my life's story of how long I was sick and had to take pain medication and they did what they could for me but it left me with an addiction and I still had pain. I am sure there are plenty of people who would have no problem condemning me because after 17 years I am still on it. I totally agree methadone is very addictive and I believe it should be given as a last resort to people who can't make it any other way. I feel for people who are so critical of those who can't totally abstain from using it and there are many people quick to condemn methadone when if it is used properly can save lives and make life worth living.

    I do agree methadone is not easy to come off of and I think many people are not told this when it is given to them. There are many who have been able to taper off of methadone but it must be done slowly. If you find you can't taper off of it and you are afraid you will go back to using then it is there for you. Methadone is a maintenance drug/medication used to treat addiction; there is no cure for addiction. I fail to understand why people are so against it and I don't like the reputation certain people have given it. Methadone has saved many lives and these people today are able to live a normal life through the help of methadone..would you rather they return to using or going from one doctor to another? Addiction is not a moral issue and some people still want to make it one. We now have documented evidence that it is a disease and morality should totally be left out of it. People will relapse because it is part of the disease and we should be there for them to support them. I believe whatever medication works and is able to stop the person from using AND DESTROYING THEIR LIFE IS WORTH LOOKING AT. Never make a judgement from listening to others, check it all out for yourself because you may hear part of the truth from one person and another part from others and you should always use what tools you have at your disposal and today we have many. No one person has all the answers.
    I am a health professional but I also take methadone now more-so, for pain. I found a new career when I started taking methadone because they had special clinics you had to attend. I don't believe anyone could survive dosing every day at the clinic before going to work if they weren't serious about getting better. There are some really great clinics but many are full of staff who are there ready to judge you and use the power they have over you. I seen the injustice which occurs and how most of the patients were totally ignorant of what their rights were and I felt for them. I started talking to many of them and teaching them what I had learned and I can tell you many of the counselors have such a patient load they probably don't have the time to take with every patient and many need much more care than others. It totally changed my life. I didn't know anything about computers except what I needed to know to do my job and actually I didn't want to know anymore. I seen there was a need to educate people and provide forums for people to share and I decided to build one. Yes, a website and I first had to learn how to use a computer.
    I did accomplish what I set out to do and I wanted to let people know about methadone and yes, people die if they use it incorrectly just as they would with any other medication. If your loved ones buys methadone off the street or from a patient, then put the blame where it goes. I believe the person who sold the methadone or if a friend gave it to him should be tried for murder but put the blame where it lies. Many doctors are not up to par on prescribing methadone and if they prescribe too much then they should have to answer for their actions .
    You go to a pharmacy to get your drugs filled and most all of them put a Patient Information Sheet in with your drug. Try reading it for a change and if you have any questions, the pharmacist will take the time to answer them. It's their job. Utilize your computer and common sense. We offer a twenty-four call line on our websites and if you can't afford to call us then send us an e-mail and we will call you. Of course, it is all confidential.
    Now back to the one about Xanax. I take Xanax with my methadone because I have nerve damage and it is all that works for me but it stops the strange sensations, pins and needles, muscle spasms and yes, you can take it with methadone but always take it as prescribed and under a doctor's supervision. You should never mix these two with any form of alcohol and many people do and they die. I am telling you just because I can take it and you can doesn't mean we all can because we are all different and you must take in account what other drugs the person is taking. I urge you to be careful with your advice because it is lethal if mixed with the wrong drugs. It is not a drug you should ever give to another person but I did want to clear up the fact about Xanax.
    Xanax can be taken with methadone, some people say it can't be but I can tell you there are many of us who take it and live because we follow instructions and take it for medical reasons. Never think because you can take it that your best friend can because each one of us is different and we metabolize drugs at different speeds. I am just sharing with you and I am not here to condemn anyone because we should all be able to love one another and be civil to each other if we reply, otherwise we shouldn't be on this forum.
    Last edited by ddcmod; 01-22-2011 at 04:11 PM.

  8. #98
    SadSister is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1

    Unhappy Methadone, Xanax, and Oxycontin

    I just found this site tonight.. can't sleep, worried about my younger brother who is taking all three at the same time. We have tried to talk to him, but does not do any good. The Dr's gave him 180, 80 mg oxy's and 100 xanax bars. He says he is only taking methadone and xanax bars now. My father and I called today about getting a court order to have him admitted into a rehab. He is only 32, with NO pain or reason for a Dr to prescribe that to him. So reading this, it is a deadly combo with just the done and x's. Wonder if the rehab will help, or does he want to have to stop on his own. We are doing it anyway, we have no choice and will have to wait and see, before he od's... so sad! what a horrible, horrible drug, and the Dr's who knowingly prescribe them for the money..how can they sleep at night!?

  9. #99
    TROYSOPINION is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1

    Default I suggest

    I dont really think it matters what anyone says. People are going to do what they want. But like someone say earlier taking drugs is all based on education. Before you jump into taking any drug you should have some knowledge about it. I too am wondering about the same thing thats what brought me here in the first place. I just got on the clinic about a month ago and I see some people I know that i used to get high with (im an x IV >>>>>> user) taking beans and extra opiotes everyday. Ive been thiking a lot since i got on the clinci and i have been doing it the way its layed out since I got on and I feel great. I was shooting so much herion that it didnt make me feel good anymore it just made me depressed. I feel that this is do to the fact that when you shoot >>>>>> it releases all your endorphanes and seratoine or whatever makes the body and mind feel good,and after shooting dope the way i do (up to 5grams a day) for such a long period of time it makes you get depleated of all the minds natural chemicals that make you happy. Methadone however does it in a much slower pace and gives the brain time to let the dopamine and all the other chemicals chill there and let the brain slowelly regenerate. I feel like for once in a long time (4 years to be exact since i started im 24 now) that I feel good for the first time. The only problem is i do have really bad anxiety sometimes and the depression is still there although it has gotten much better and I dont know how to address this right now I am currently taking nuerotin which is a non narcotic anti anxiety/pain med which had helped me a little bit but i feel like i need something stronger. Im not afraid to take benzos with methodone because I used to shoot large quanitys of >>>>>> all day and I would take benzos every once and i while. I would buy them off my freinds and I wouldnt go crazy taking them I would only take 1 or 2 of them because they made me feel good. they would take my anxiety away. So i do plan on finding a doctor who will prescribe me some type of benzo weather it be librium, clonapin, xanex, valium, or whatever (hopefully not adavan cuz that ???? is weak) But i know that if i take it as prescribed ill be fine, and im not afraid of abusing them because when i used to buy them off the street i used to just take 1 just to feel good and not try to black out of the ???? or suck my own ****. But anyways my suggestion to you If you really are going to take them is if you dont know your own tollerance then make sure you go slowelly and test it out before you dive into it and kill yourself like the many people mentioned up above. Maybe start out by taking .5 millagram under someones supervison. Me and my girlfriend have a couple viles of narcane which we acquired at a detox. We had a kid go out a couple months ago and we gave him the nacane and my gf gave him rescue breaths while i called an ambulance and we saved his life. I mean there are safe ways of doing ????. But then again most people dont have viles of narcan. I just so happen to live in massachusettes just like we have more collages than any other state we also have more detoxes and they give out the narcane for free when you go to detox. The are also programs around the state that give it out for free you just have to sign up for it and fill out a bunch of paperwork. Idk where im going with this the point is if you are going to do it start out slowely even if people around you are popping a bunch of them (which isnt a good idea anyway you dont wanna build another addiction and I hear benzo addiction is worse than opiode which already sux hardcore) but say you just wanna get high and the methodone alone isnt getting you high cuz it doesnt and it blocks the effects of shooting >>>>>> and snorting pills Goooo sllllooooow. But yeah I too have also thought about it many times but at the same time theres a lot of good recovery in my methodone program and the groups and counslers there have been helping me a ton. Ive gotten a lot of good therepy from the 1on1 with the counslers and the groups are pretty mcuh like AA meetings(although half the people are nodding off) and they make you feel good at the end. And yeah ive been to over 30 detoxes and all kinds of further treatment and havent been able to stop putting a needle in my arm. This is the only thing that works for me. So anyone that says that Methodone is just legalized herion and its no good and yada yada yada.. doesnt know anything about addiction. This program is keeping me from going to jail. and keeping me from stealing from my family. SInce ive been on this program I havent stolen anything from my loved ones and I havent done any illegal activity. Methodone is also the cheapest form of treatment there is 130 a week at my clinic where is cost 1000 dollars a day or more for people or health insurance to pay for a detox.

  10. #100
    Robert_325 is offline Retired
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    16,689

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TROYSOPINION View Post
    I dont really think it matters what anyone says. People are going to do what they want. .............. I was shooting so much herion that it didnt make me feel good anymore it just made me depressed. ............................................ I feel like for once in a long time (4 years to be exact since i started im 24 now) that I feel good for the first time. The only problem is i do have really bad anxiety sometimes..................................... Im not afraid to take benzos with methodone because I used to shoot large quanitys of >>>>>> all day and I would take benzos . I would buy them off my freinds and I wouldnt go crazy taking them I would only take 1 or 2 of them because they made me feel good. they would take my anxiety away. So i do plan on finding a doctor who will prescribe me some type of benzo weather it be librium, clonapin, xanex, valium, or whatever (hopefully not adavan cuz that ???? is weak) .................................im not afraid of abusing them because when i used to buy them off the street i used to just take 1 just to feel good and not try to black out of the ???? or suck my own ****. But anyways my suggestion to you If you really are going to take them is if you dont know your own tollerance then make sure you go slowelly and test it out before you dive into it and kill yourself like the many people mentioned up above. .................................We had a kid go out a couple months ago and we gave him the nacane and my gf gave him rescue breaths while i called an ambulance and we saved his life. I mean there are safe ways of doing ????. ...........................................And yeah ive been to over 30 detoxes and all kinds of further treatment and havent been able to stop putting a needle in my arm. This is the only thing that works for me. So anyone that says that Methodone is just legalized herion and its no good and yada yada yada.. doesnt know anything about addiction..................................





    Troy ........ Based on the comments you made above I don't think anyone should listen to you. Been to 30 detoxes and you're 24? That's the person I would get my advice from for sure.

    And as you say yada yada yada. You need help being a kid and talking about calling ambulances for your friends "going out" shooting dope or mixing methadone with other drugs.

    Hope you get some help before you kill yourself. Not trying to judge you but read the garbage you just wrote. You have a problem my very young friend. I pray you make it past 30 years old. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

  11. #101
    Adm420 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1

    Default

    I go to a meathdone clinc.n im at 120 mg n bout to go higher I take xanx n smoke bud perfectly fine I.usally take it around evening when meathdone srarts to wear off that why going higher but ya ill take it then.n helps calm down n imm all good lol n im on my phone its all touch n when go fady n makes harc to type right n idc lol ......butvull be good dude just dont gobtalin like 10 bars ive done thst not good thing lol be smart ull bevgood

  12. #102
    Coroner75 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1

    Default Methadone+Xanax = Death

    I have to deal with people who take methadone and xanax after it's too late. The sad reality is that when you mix the two you may be fine the first couple of times. But I assure you mixing the two is like ???????? with your life. No Dr. who truly cares for the well being of his patients would ever tell you to take both. They would find an alternative to the benzo. But if you really wanna take a ride to the morgue and not know about it, keep downing them. WE ARE OPEN 24 HRS a day 7 DAYS A WEEK. And your hard earned tax dollars pay to keep us in business just for this reason.

  13. #103
    Anonymous Guest

    Talking methadone -xanax

    Quote Originally Posted by Coroner75 View Post
    I have to deal with people who take methadone and xanax after it's too late. The sad reality is that when you mix the two you may be fine the first couple of times. But I assure you mixing the two is like ???????? with your life. No Dr. who truly cares for the well being of his patients would ever tell you to take both. They would find an alternative to the benzo. But if you really wanna take a ride to the morgue and not know about it, keep downing them. WE ARE OPEN 24 HRS a day 7 DAYS A WEEK. And your hard earned tax dollars pay to keep us in business just for this reason.
    I was prescribed methadone and xanax for over four years by a bad doctor. He tried to kill me after stealing $30,000 from me. He is now in prison for dealing drugs out of his office. I am now alive and 30 days clean from methadone and 11 weeks clean of benzos!!! Just today starting to feel somewhat normal again. I left methadone at 20 mg. and tapered with valium for a year before steping off at 5 mg. to let everyone know this has been hell x 10 !!!! Please taper more than I did. I spent two days in the hospital w/ chest pains because of w/d's and still can't sleep. The coroner is right, this IS the deadly combo!!!! Thanks be to God I can be here to tell you about it.

  14. #104
    Titty Puff is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rstuds1 View Post
    I was prescribed methadone and xanax for over four years by a bad doctor. He tried to kill me after stealing $30,000 from me. He is now in prison for dealing drugs out of his office. I am now alive and 30 days clean from methadone and 11 weeks clean of benzos!!! Just today starting to feel somewhat normal again. I left methadone at 20 mg. and tapered with valium for a year before steping off at 5 mg. to let everyone know this has been hell x 10 !!!! Please taper more than I did. I spent two days in the hospital w/ chest pains because of w/d's and still can't sleep. The coroner is right, this IS the deadly combo!!!! Thanks be to God I can be here to tell you about it.
    This is true. Methadone SHOULD NOT be taken with Xanax, or any benzo for that matter. You are obviously an addict and are fighting your addiction by being on the Methadone opiate addiction maintenance program. And if you are now taking Xanax, you are still obviously an addict, and need to being reducing your dosage of Methadone and start going to NA meetings, if not rehab and detox altogether.

    [u]Cheapest Domain Registration[/b]

    Methadone and Xanax can be a lethal combination. Xanax, like any benzo, is also addicting and can kill in overdosage, bad combinations like the one you're referring to, and is not intended to be combined with an opiate like Methadone. Benzos are safe, per say in low does, to take with opiates, but not with Methadone. Listen to the horror stories above.

  15. #105
    Shimbo is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2

    Default Everyone has a different tolerance.

    For the last 9 months I have been taking 85 mg of methadone daily. Sometimes I double up and take 170 mg of methadone, throughout a day I took 170 mg of methadone and over 40 milligrams of xanax, throughout the day of course and amphetamine was also involved, know your body. I know what I can handle, maybe some of you don't. And I know some of you will preach to me, that one day the end will come. To you I say, I guarantee that I will not die from a drug overdose. I just took 10 mg at a time with 85 mg, I am still standing and not tired. Everybody has different body chemistry. Stop preaching, people will do what they want, by preaching to them your just encouraging them. Lay off them. An alcoholic gets to drink, so why can't someone with a pill habit get to take his pills? And you CAN die from alcohol poisoning

    People should have the right to put whatever it is they want into their bodies, its their right. If they want to push it and they die, they knew the consequences going in, did they not? Methadone clinics are a joke in my opinion, detoxing would be much easier, its just a way for a Doctor to set up a practice and make money. They want to keep you there, the system is run bad. Then there are doctors who write scripts for maintenance and you aren't supposed to.

    I need to find a Dr. that will write me scripts for xanax and adderall or I will have a hard time. I have General Anxiety Disorder as well as Social and ADHD. I also smoke marijuana (legally, in the state of Michigan it is legal for medicinal purposes) So why can't I take pills that I think will benefit my state of mind and my business? Because its illegal without a prescription? Or if I get a script it is all fine and dandy. Xanax aren't as strong as people think, the people that are dying don't take them regularly or they take a large amount while they dose. These aren't ????ing Ludes or Barbituates for christs sake and methadone is a weak ass pain killer. It does nothing for me. Sixty mg of oxycodone would do more than 200 mg of methadone. Because it contains no opium, Hitler created his soldiers a weak ass pain killer, methadone, because we cut off his opium supply. Little history. But why not let people do what they want? All of us are going to die at one point in another, if someones unhappy let them be happy for the remainder of their days. The war on drugs needs to end and if it doesn't the black market is not going away.

    The >>>>>> is junk, not pure at all. Not worth doing in my opinion, unless you grow your own poppies, make morphine and convert it to smack.

  16. #106
    Shimbo is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2

    Default

    [deleted - swearing]
    Last edited by ddcmod; 12-28-2011 at 04:23 AM.

  17. #107
    slosippa is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    new orleans,la
    Posts
    5

    Default its all about tolerance

    hello ive been prescribed methadone for a number of years and during thos years when my pain was at its peak,i was Rx'd 80mgs of methadone per day.i know that 80mgs just SOUNDS like alot but i personally know a man in his 50's who is Rx'd 180mgs per day. well,with a taper plan from my dr over the course of about 4 months i went down to 40 mgs per day and it works GREAT on my baseline pain.for BT pain i normally use naproxan or ibprofen.
    anyways,i have always taken benzo's(mainly xanax)since i was in my late teens to battle genarlized anxiety disorder and frankly,>> be lost without my benzos...a panic attack waiting to happen.but when i was on 80mgs i warned that methadone does not mix..however,no one is EVER supposed to just "jump off"any benzo cold turkey...it can cause seizures and could be fatal.so while i was on that 80 mg dose,i took 1mg of xanax and was fine...this was after i had been on methadone for a few weeks.i continued gradually increasing my dose of xanax until i was back up to the dr prescribed dose which was 2mgs T.I.D.(3 x a day)and i was anxiety free
    but to people who dont know,the keyword is TOLERANCE! if you have never taken methadone or xanax before and say you take 20mgs of methadone and 2mgs of xanax, yes, YOU MAY DIE b/c there is no tolerance in your body for the drug. like i said earlier,i take 40mgs of methadone(which is a mediocre dosage)and 6mgs of xanax T.I.D. 3X A DAY) and i am fine but thats ONLY because i have 15 years of tolerance under my belt and my dr. knows this.the same doctor who treats my pain with methadone also treats my anxiety with xanax and lexapro.
    BOTTOM LINE: Mixing any opiod with any benzo is SERIOUS buisness.ive lost people who mixed the two and theyre body simply was not ready for it and they passed away. so PLEASE think and always consult your doctor before you start taking a new medication.

  18. #108
    Sad Sister is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous View Post
    I was prescribed methadone and xanax for over four years by a bad doctor. He tried to kill me after stealing $30,000 from me. He is now in prison for dealing drugs out of his office. I am now alive and 30 days clean from methadone and 11 weeks clean of benzos!!! Just today starting to feel somewhat normal again. I left methadone at 20 mg. and tapered with valium for a year before steping off at 5 mg. to let everyone know this has been hell x 10 !!!! Please taper more than I did. I spent two days in the hospital w/ chest pains because of w/d's and still can't sleep. The coroner is right, this IS the deadly combo!!!! Thanks be to God I can be here to tell you about it.
    I am so happy that you are here to tell about it! Sadly, my sister is not. She died 2 1/2 years ago of an overdose of xanax and methadone mixture. The family tried telling her we didn't like the way she was acting anymore and slurring her words, etc. We just wish we would have had an intervention months earlier when we were thinking about having one. She may still be alive today.

    I miss her soooo much! She was 52.

  19. #109
    Prospero is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3

    Default

    I wish my son were around to give an informed response on this subject. Unfortunately, he died several years ago (4/21/09), with large amounts of methadone and xanax in his system.

    I have read the statements relating to tolerance with interest. Tom had been trying to recover from methadone addiction for about 3 years when he died, six weeks after leaving a rehab center. He was hospitalized 3 times for ODs during that time, and the fourth (and final) time he was not in a place where anyone could call 911, so he didn't make it. I don't know for sure, but I think he had been using this combination for several years with no serious effects, and that the loss of tolerance during the rehab period was probably an important factor in the lethal outcome. He was intelligent and thought he knew a lot about drugs, but this was evidently something he wasn't aware of, nor were at least three of his friends that I know of, who died of the same thing around the same time.

  20. #110
    Chad86 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Robert325:

    As a person speaking with medical credentials, you are way off base in your reply. Taking ANY Benzodiazapine with over 30mg of Methadone has a very high likely-hood of sending you into a sleep you probably will never wake up from. DEA regulation has banned the use of benzodiazapines with methodone in any combination prescription form. Think twice because you only live once.
    The Democratic Party Is The Party Of Intellectuals.

  21. #111
    Prospero is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chad86 View Post
    Robert325:

    As a person speaking with medical credentials, you are way off base in your reply. Taking ANY Benzodiazapine with over 30mg of Methadone has a very high likely-hood of sending you into a sleep you probably will never wake up from. DEA regulation has banned the use of benzodiazapines with methodone in any combination prescription form. Think twice because you only live once.
    Chad86, I think you must have been replying to the post Robert325 quoted, and not to his own post, which seems to agree with what you say.

  22. #112
    safevac1 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2

    Angry Drug Dependancy

    My son passed away 9 months ago to the day from yesterday 01-28-12. He was 27years old. I had been fighting him since he became addicted to opiates and benzo's at approximately 15. He became addicted to opiates through pain killers (Lortabs) he was prescribed by a doctor because of a drug related car accident. He progressively took various different opiates and also benzo's over the years until he was hopelessly addicted. I have had numerous other family friends and aquantences that are addicted to pain med's. My son's wife's father died 23 years ago from mixing Soma's and methadone, her mother died 1-1/2 years ago from methadone and xanax and both of her brothers and herself are currently addicted.
    Withdrawals from opiates including methadone cause pain and all of you who take methadone, lortabs,soma or any other opiate based pain killer will always hurt if you don't have them if not because of a legitimate injury or illness because of the withdrawal pains. At some point in time you have to stop using go through the withdrawals and see if there is any legitimate injury or illness pain and most do not have the self discipline to do this.
    Methadone was developed by Germany in world war 2 era by people under Hitlers command to give to his troops 1 for pain and the other to make them more obediant and willing to follow. It even had his namesake "Adolphine. Hitler was a Drug addict in case you didn't know Methadone is no better than >>>>>> as all it is is synthetic man made >>>>>> and equally or even more addictive. I laugh at the people who brag that there doing wonderful on thi "Miracle drug" as it is just that a Drug and is very expensive ranging from $12.00-$20.00 oer daily dose and if the particular individual doesn;t have the trust of the clinic that monitors them and can't get take home then the expense,missed work etc for them to drive to the clinic every day for there dose Tomato,Tomoto.Potato,Pototo...... I beleive that if someone needs to be on the methadone it should be under a hospital or in patient care center and be monitored and kept under lock and key and dosed to the individual by medical personell. I know numerous people that have " Take Home" methadone and ALL not a few that I know abuse this privalage in some way whether it be by selling a portion or all of there doses or by taking more than thay are prescribed. The other new miracle narcotic replacement drug out now that if you read articles on it has turned out to be more addictive than the drugs it is supposed to help ween you from is the opiates is Suboxone. Amazingly enough the drug addicts of the world have figured out a way to abuse this. I have never talked to one single person 15-70 years old out of all of the people I know that take some kind of prescribed narcotic medication that in there mind and verbally justify it and the bottom line is there ALL addicts. There is no question as to whetehr or not mixing Methadone an Xanax will kill you the only question is When it will kill you. I am 50 Years old and never used prescription pain medications but have been surrounded by and read reams of arcticles etc... on drug addiction. There is no easy way and no such thing as cutting back the only answer is to be under a physicians care and ween of of it as fast as is safe and walk away. You can never do it again not even one time on special occassions etc and anyone who say's they can is a liar or fooling themselves.
    I will sign any and all petitions to make this an illegal drug and even to make it a life sentence for any and all illegal drugs that are sold on the streets. I also wish they would start monitoring the Doctors a lot closer amd verty tightly control there freedom to prescribe pain medications.
    I have no pity for anyone that is addicted and not getting in patient care and being a burdern on the economy and i think that anyone that gets any kind of government assistance IE. Food Stamps,Welfare Checks,disability payments etc... should have to provide a monthly blood test or hair folicle screening for drugs and if failed should be cut off from ALL benefits. I have worked my entire life since 17 YO and supported my family and never got 1 red cent from any govermental agency's and i am tired of them using my hard earned money supporting thepeople in the world that are either too sorry to work and support themselves and familt or because of drugs can't get or hold honest employment.

  23. #113
    Robert_325 is offline Retired
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    16,689

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chad86 View Post
    Robert325:

    As a person speaking with medical credentials, you are way off base in your reply. Taking ANY Benzodiazapine with over 30mg of Methadone has a very high likely-hood of sending you into a sleep you probably will never wake up from. DEA regulation has banned the use of benzodiazapines with methodone in any combination prescription form. Think twice because you only live once.



    Chad .... I don't know what post you're replying to but I'm pretty sure you have me confused with someone else. You're probably gone from the forum by now anyway.

    I don't advise people to take methadone with benzos and don't use opiates myself period. I have been clean for almost a decade. I think you need to READ twice before posting criticisms of posts I didn't even write. Work on your reading skills.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

  24. #114
    safevac1 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2

    Default Dead Man Walking

    Quote Originally Posted by Shimbo View Post
    For the last 9 months I have been taking 85 mg of methadone daily. Sometimes I double up and take 170 mg of methadone, throughout a day I took 170 mg of methadone and over 40 milligrams of xanax, throughout the day of course and amphetamine was also involved, know your body. I know what I can handle, maybe some of you don't. And I know some of you will preach to me, that one day the end will come. To you I say, I guarantee that I will not die from a drug overdose. I just took 10 mg at a time with 85 mg, I am still standing and not tired. Everybody has different body chemistry. Stop preaching, people will do what they want, by preaching to them your just encouraging them. Lay off them. An alcoholic gets to drink, so why can't someone with a pill habit get to take his pills? And you CAN die from alcohol poisoning

    People should have the right to put whatever it is they want into their bodies, its their right. If they want to push it and they die, they knew the consequences going in, did they not? Methadone clinics are a joke in my opinion, detoxing would be much easier, its just a way for a Doctor to set up a practice and make money. They want to keep you there, the system is run bad. Then there are doctors who write scripts for maintenance and you aren't supposed to.

    I need to find a Dr. that will write me scripts for xanax and adderall or I will have a hard time. I have General Anxiety Disorder as well as Social and ADHD. I also smoke marijuana (legally, in the state of Michigan it is legal for medicinal purposes) So why can't I take pills that I think will benefit my state of mind and my business? Because its illegal without a prescription? Or if I get a script it is all fine and dandy. Xanax aren't as strong as people think, the people that are dying don't take them regularly or they take a large amount while they dose. These aren't ????ing Ludes or Barbituates for christs sake and methadone is a weak ass pain killer. It does nothing for me. Sixty mg of oxycodone would do more than 200 mg of methadone. Because it contains no opium, Hitler created his soldiers a weak ass pain killer, methadone, because we cut off his opium supply. Little history. But why not let people do what they want? All of us are going to die at one point in another, if someones unhappy let them be happy for the remainder of their days. The war on drugs needs to end and if it doesn't the black market is not going away.

    The >>>>>> is junk, not pure at all. Not worth doing in my opinion, unless you grow your own poppies, make morphine and convert it to smack.
    You sound like my 27 yo deceased son and you will kill yourself one day. You passing away will effect your family in numerous ways. Who will pay the 10K plus to bury you. I suggest you go out and pick out your place of rest so your family doesn't have to. You sound like a complete drug addicted IDIOT.

  25. #115
    Bluedog74 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Detroit, USA
    Posts
    8

    Thumbs up It's not ALWAYS a bad combo

    Quote Originally Posted by HighingFly View Post
    Hey, I'm on methadone maintenance and have been for 3 months. I'm at 80 mgs, and have gotten there very gradually. Today I took 1.5 mgs of xanax. Than I read all these things online about people dying from the combonation. Most of those people were abusing methadone on the streets and taking lots of xanax. My body is used to the methadone, and the xanax was so minute. If anyone else has mixed these two successfully, please let me know. I feel completely fine now. I took the methadone around 7:45 am, and I took the xanax around 2:30. Should I be worried about going to bed tonight and not waking up? I also take seroquel to sleep, 300 mgs. Anyone out there know whats up?

    Thanks.
    Depending on several factors, mixing Methadone and Alprazolam is not lethal unless you are not tolerant to one or both and take a large enough dose. The only person I know that ended up in ER was a beginner to both benzo's and opiates and they did not die even after taking a big dose for a newbie to opiates and benzo's. I am currently prescribed Xanax (6mgs daily) and Methadone for pain. (30mgs every 6 hours) I wake up every day with a bar of Xanax and 3 -10 mg Methadone pills. However, I have been on every pain med on the market including Opana 40 ER, and Methadone is the best pain medicine by far. If you're a newbie to these 2 substances, sure you can easily overdose if you don't know how much to take like any drug. As far as Methadone and Xanax being lethal, the answer is NO!
    If it was, my board certified M.D. pain specialist would not prescribe the 2 together.
    So in a nutshell, everyone's biology is different and each individual will react differently. If you are opiate and benzo tolerant, these 2 drugs are totally safe.

  26. #116
    Petey4742 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2

    Talking Reply to question about Methadone+Xanax

    [--deleted --]
    Last edited by ddcmod; 03-23-2012 at 04:33 PM.

  27. #117
    Petey4742 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2

    Arrow 3MG Xanax ER

    [--deleted--]
    Last edited by ddcmod; 03-23-2012 at 04:34 PM.

  28. #118
    Robert_325 is offline Retired
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    16,689

    Default

    Petey ..... Here you are talking about using "responsibly" as you have a buddy who died doing this combination, you're advising people to take doses of methadone and xanax that could kill them, and you are advocating it.

    I sincerely pray that no one does in fact DIE listening to your goofy suggestions. That has to be one of the most irresponsible and dumb posts I've ever read. Hope that you don't kill someone due to your advice! Will that make you feel okay should that result with what you've written here?

    You should go back and tell people the truth, that you're obviously seeking to get high with a potentially lethal dose of medication and that no one in their right mind would pay ANY attention to what you have to say as you're a drug addict seeking to get as high as you can only hoping that you don't die in the process. Hope it makes you feel good telling others to do things that could cost them their life. We don't need this kind of garbage on the forum. Hang with someone else. Then you end your post with a laughing icon. Got news for you buddy, there is NOTHING funny about your post.
    Last edited by Robert_325; 03-23-2012 at 07:11 AM.
    ARTIST658 likes this.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

  29. #119
    ARTIST658 is offline Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    2,226

    Default


    This forum is NOT about advising each other how to mix together just the right cocktail of drugs to get the best "high." Your kind of "advice" is inappropriate at best, lethal at worst.

    Have a shred of respect for the dear woman (safevac1) who took the time to post on this forum about the death of her son from this same mix of drugs. How dare you come here and post how much one should take to stay just this side of death, but "feeling good" - how dare you...

    I am very sorry you need to combine two such potent drugs in order to get through your days. There is help available for you. You are on a dance with the devil, and likely to slip off into a coma then death this way. Don't try to pull others with you into your insanity. This is NOT the place for it.
    Last edited by ddcmod; 03-23-2012 at 04:33 PM.
    Robert_325 likes this.

    You will know the truth - and only the truth can set you free.

  30. #120
    ARTIST658 is offline Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    2,226

    Default

    Potroast,

    After seeing this, I read through your other posts on this forum, and I have to speak up. This forum is for "constructive comments."

    Advising others to continue to mix a lethal combination of drugs is hardly constructive. Opiates plus benzodiazepenes = lethal. You're suggesting they play Russian Roulette by taking this mix "carefully." Drug addicts can not take drugs "carefully." Addiction signifies the loss of control.

    Advising others to use marijuana is not constructive. Not only is an illegal drug, it is very much addictive, psychologically, if not physically. And the difference between physical dependence to a drug and addiction is the mental (psychological) piece. So, YES, you can become addicted to marijuana.

    Advising others to "masterbate a few times.. then smoke a bowl or two" (1/16/12) is completely inappropriate. But you did.

    Pleading for someone to give you percs on this forum (1/16/12) is utterly inappropriate AND illegal. But you did.

    I would hope that ANYONE would realize that following the advice of someone who is so wrapped up in their own poly-drug use would be foolish and risky. But, unfortunately, others reading this forum are often under the influence of a drug (and usually seeking a way to stop) - and can't differentiate between "good" advice and "bad."

    If you want to go through life numbed by a plethora of drugs - legal or illegal - that's your choice. But when you come to this forum and start advising others to do the same, that's out of line.

    I strongly urge the DDC Moderator to delete ALL of your posts, as they do not abide by this forum's purpose.

    God bless,
    Ruth
    momofive likes this.

    You will know the truth - and only the truth can set you free.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22