Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
Methadone QUESTION! plz reply..
    ScorpF4 is offline Member

Default Methadone QUESTION! plz reply..

well i fell into temptation yet again...i aqcuired 2 10mg methadone pills. I was wondering if u can insuffalte (snort) a methadone pill? I tried doing like a lil chunk of it to test whether or not it would burn and it burned a lil bit, but i was wondering if snorting it would make the pill kick in faster like OC's?? or is it just better to eat methadone? im lookin for overall better efffect from these pills!

zippysgoddess is offline Platinum Member

Why don't you just flush them and forget it? Do you realize what you are doing to your body by snorting pills or chewing them? There are binders/fillers in there that are meant to be expelled in your waste and not ingested into your body, but when you crush them and snort them, or eat the pill, you prevent that from happening.

My information is not guaranteed correct. I do not get them right all the time, but I do enjoy the hunt~

mpvt is offline Platinum Member

You have no idea what your doing.Oxy's are **** compared to methadone.Methadone has a very long half life and if you don't have a tolerance to it you can fall asleep and stop breathing.Methadone is unlike any opiate out there,you shouldn't be taking it unless you have a high tolerance.....Dave

Fearfull is offline New Member

Should you take Clonidine and Methadone at the same time?

Are you using the clonodine for withdrawls of blood pressure.If your doctor prescribes it then it should be ok....Dave

ScorpF4 is offline Member

What are u talkin about?! Oxy's aren't Sh*t compared to methadone? Dude oxycodone will get you way higher then a methadone. I've given 10mg methadone pill to friends that dont even take opiates and they said they didnt even feel the methadone, and this is coming from people that dont even abuse opiates!! But they all agree that 10mg of Oxycodone will have them flying..

Adamk is offline New Member

dude, methadone is way stronger than oxy, and it lasts about 4 times as long ( as IR oxy, not oxycontin, maybe twice as long as time release oxycontn ) if you gave 10mg of methadone to a friend and they had no tolerence and said it didn't do anything
    A. they were lieing or
    B. it wasnt a real methadone.

You say you gave it to a friend, but have you ever taken one yourself?
    I mean they give it to >>>>>> addicts because it is almost like >>>>>> but it lasts longer. Oxy is a good pain reliever and it does give you some eupohoria, but it is light compared to methadone, IMHO. I have taken oxycontin and percocet, right now I take about a half of a 40mg methadose ( methadone) a day, and it relieves my pain All-Day and does make me quite euphoric, although I take my medicine for legitamate pain, not to sell or to get high like you.

I've been an addict for 25 years and for the last 3+ years I've been on 400mgs of methadone a day.Methadone is not known for it's euphoric effects.It is a very potent opiate second only to the fentanyl family.I wouldn't suggest giving methadone pills out to people as it can shut down your respitory system when your asleep.....Dave

vincentlee1 is offline New Member

10mg of methodone is not a lot. I mean when they start you off on a methodone program they start you off with 30 0r more mg then gradually increase your dose. What you probably had was methodose which is weaker. Now back in the 80's when they use the biscuit methodone that had to be diluted in juice which came in a powder that would put you on your ass. But what I want to know is why do most people ask question on how to abuse prescription meds. Just go to the local gun store and load a gun and snort that. Another thing methodone is not made to get you high it made to stop you from feeling opiates if your on a high enough dose but a 38 to the head will give you the best high ever

There is no difference between methadone and methadose.10mgs of methadone is 10mgs of methadone.....Dave

painreducer is offline New Member

pls dont "give" friends methadone , ,if anything adverse happens you will be a murderer ,thier family and friends will never forgive you ,even if you could live with your selve --
    Methadone is a tricky little substance and is as deciving as a CHEATING POLITICION

oxyman24 is offline Junior Member

Ok first of all. The question was simply "Can you snort methadone (54/142 is the pill imprint) So yes they are real 10mg methadone tablets. If you snort this pill, will it kick in faster and give u a more euphoric rush then if you just plain swallow it? What about crushing it up and dissolving it under the tounge? Now im speaking about the 54/142 methadone pills 10mg each.

oxyman24 is offline Junior Member

MPVT, i have never in my life heard of anyone taking 400mgs of methadone a day!?!?! that is like insane, thats enough to probably kill 5 or 6 of my opiate addicted friends, that means u have the addiction of someone thats been mainlining herion and oxy for like 40 years!?! please MPVT tell me ur story.

My mom and dad are \were both addicts to start with.So my first doctor always told me that I got a double dose of addiction from them.I started taking opiates 25 years ago after rt knee surgery.The problem was I couldn't get them to work.After calling the doctor he told me to take 4 percocets every 2-3 hours for a couple days and then the pain should be down enough that I won't need them anymore.Well it worked a little better but not much.So at the end of the week I saw the surgeon again and this time he gave me demerol and prescribed it at 150 to 200mgs every 3-4 hours.By the end of the first week I was taking 500mgs every 3 hours.This doctor would oreder me 180 demerol 50mgs pills a month.Problem was 180 would only last me 3 days so I would go and look for stronger meds.I liked shooting dilaudid in my hip and would do that with any of the injectable opiates but I would never and have never myself mainlined because I knew I would be dead in know time.So right from the beginning I could take massive amounts of opiates and I couldn't stop.I spent 22 years doing morphine,demerol,dilaudid,fentanyl and oxycodone if there was nothing else.By the time I went on methadone I was taking 3,000mgs of morphine a day and more if I could do it.I was very fortunate that I had money all the time and I knew a couple of pharmacists among other people were I was able to buy 1,000 pills at a time.When I started methadone in Aug of 2002 I thought "this shet is garbage and there's no way it's going to help me" but my doctor kept telling me that I had to go up and that eventually it will work.So I took morphine everyday along with the methadone until I hit 250mgs and then it was like someone turned a switch off in my brain.My cravings stopped the withdrawls stopped and I came out of a terrible depression that I had after the first 5 years.After the first 5 years of addiction I couldn't even get a rush let alone a buzz,so I began to get nasty and depressed,it was terrible and even now it upsets me to think of how mean I was to people.Anyway I hit 250mgs but it wouldn't hold me all day.So after about a year and a half I hit 400mgs a day and found that that was were I needed to be.I never nodded out on methadone or slept all day.I actually found that the more active I was the better I felt both mentally and physically.What I haven't told you is that in the last 6 months or so I have dropped to 300mgs as my brain has healed enough that I don't need that much methadone to remain stable.I recently found out after an x-ray that my fusion on my L4-5 lumbar has broken.I have had an increase in pain but I thought it was because I had dropped down to much.So I'm probably going to have to go to 350mgs to compensate.I go for a CAT in sept and that will tell us more.I'm not going in for another surgery as I've already had 4 on my lumbar spine.So through genetics and all the operations and just my attitude towards opiates I developed into a heavy addict.I used to buy 120 percocets and start out by taking 25 right away and then 10 every 1\2 hour or I would buy 80 10 mg morphine off this woman every month and take 40 of them right away and take the other 40 an hour later.I am very lucky that I didn't od or suffer liver damage ect.When I got on MMT my liver enzymes were quite high but after a year or so they came back down to normal.I consider myself very fortunate as I lost my mom to addiction and my dad is still in bad shape.So I come here everyday to see if maybe I can offer some advice or info or just an ear for anyone who needs it.I still have a need to be around it and this is how I feed that hunger.So that is as short of a story of my addiction as I can give you as it would take a book to tell you everything.....Dave

stickyfingers is offline Junior Member

To the original poster: the simple answer is NO. You do not want to snort the methadone. It's a longer-acting opiate and doesn't produce the quick HIGH like oxycodone. But just because you don't feel HIGH doesn't mean that methadone is weak or isn't present in your system. That is how people OD and die.... taking too much because they don't feel the HIGH that they normally associate with opiates. From what I've read and done it seems like 100 mg of methadone= 150 mg of oxycodone. It is stronger, but really we're talking apples and oranges. You may feel a little something from taking 20 mg of methadone or methadose (doesn't matter)- but **** if you're this inexperienced do yourself a favor, seek help if needed and save yourself from years of misery. Trust me, the honeymoon only lasts so long.

Zimmers128 is offline New Member

Default About the oxy Vs. Methodone

Well im am under 18 and before i started takin pills every now and then 10mg of methodone is so much better the 10 of oxy Are you crazy

Zimmers128 is offline New Member

Default What you think

Well im only fourteen and i was at a party one night and my friend had 100 $ on him. Well some friend of ours was selling oxy 80 for only 25$. We bought 4
    that last us to days, and now we go back and get more everday, like 40mg at a time twice a day. when i tried to quit i could not sleep i was depessed forever it was terriable. Then I found out my mom gets them for her back. And i steal them. What should i do. This has been going on for about 2 months

It's only been 2 months and your very young.You need to tell your mom what has happened and start looking into counciling.
    You will likely have lttle to know withdrawls doing such small amounts but you have started on a path that could and likely will kill you if you keep going.I really hope you do the right thing and stop these pills right away.Good luck....Dave
    marksmanbbs likes this.

coralreef is offline New Member

Default Euphoria?

I've been using Valium, Oxycontin, Oxycodon, and Methadone for aproximately 5 months. I am on a pain management program for bone spurs in both of my feet. I use this medicine strickly for pain and psychological assistance with the pain. I don't understand this "euphoria" people talk about. All I do know is that the pain goes away and my anxiety levels are down. If it where up to me I would have both my feet removed and get of the medication...I think thats my I'm on valium. Love Life, not Drugs.

billybones is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zimmers128 View Post
    Well im only fourteen and i was at a party one night and my friend had 100 $ on him. Well some friend of ours was selling oxy 80 for only 25$. We bought 4
    that last us to days, and now we go back and get more everday, like 40mg at a time twice a day. when i tried to quit i could not sleep i was depessed forever it was terriable. Then I found out my mom gets them for her back. And i steal them. What should i do. This has been going on for about 2 months

I hope this is overwith by now, but if it's not you need to get that monkey off your back! my son did it for 1 year before i caught on to what was going on, i had to send him to new jersey to clean up, he had to stay away from his "so called friends" if they were his REAL friends they wouldnt have gotten him in this problem, you can take a trip to the doc's and he should get you tapered off the oxy, or give you something else to ease you off, but YOU CAN DO IT! you got on it, you can get off it, you just need help, i am here for you but you need to let your mom know whats up and help also, i know what you are going through i did it myself after back surgery, i felt like a schmuck stealing pills and taking them when i wasnt supposed to, once the physical addiction is gone, few days....then it becomes mental, let me know how you are doing, hot baths work good, keeping busy excersizing etc...
    good luck, Billy

740iL4me is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by mpvt View Post
    There is no difference between methadone and methadose.10mgs of methadone is 10mgs of methadone.....Dave

Dave........ after I read what you posted here, would you please read my thread listed below and reply please. I need your input!!!

http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-...-mg-47092.html

Telex is offline New Member

I was a pill addict for 4 years before moving on to IV >>>>>> use.

I started with all the basics.. Dilaudid, Percs, OC's, Roxy's Vicodins etc.

Once I realized that >>>>>> was stronger and much cheaper (I was paying $40 for each 80mg Oxycontin. That wouldn't even touch me after a while so I'd have to buy 2. I figured..why do that when I could get a bundle of dope (10 bags) for $60. Some dope is soo strong you only need half a bag and you're flat out for like 6 hours. Just DO NOT buy scramble if you can help it. That has all kinds of weird ******************** in it mostly Quinine but some put meat tenderizer in it!! My veins got TRASHED by using scramble and I have huge scars where ulcers formed and ate 2 inch deep holes in my legs when I missed the vein.

I advise against ALL of this ******************** and I'll tell you why in a minute, but let me tell you my story.

If you absolutely MUST do >>>>>>, at least make sure you ask for "bone" or "raw".. out west you can get "black tar" but that's dangerous as a muv cuz it's really hard to gauge how potent it is.

If you shoot, always push half in, wait at least 15 seconds to see how strong the rush is hitting you. If you start feeling like hard core tingling all over your scalp, hold off on the rest for a minute. I call those the "bee stings" and that's when you know the ******************** is strong.

Also, NEVER UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE share needles!!! I had two friends sadly get Hep C from that. Don't share ANYTHING in your rig with anyone else. If you draw from the same spoon, put water on it and boil that and clean it before the next person goes. And even more important, DO NOT SHARE THE SAME PEICE OF COTTON FILTER! That is often overlooked, but can carry Hep from one to another.

Anyway, raw or bone was hard to find in D.C. where I was getting it and at first I didn't realize how bad scramble was messing up my body. After 4 years of shooting, I had no veins left at all. I was having to shoot deep in my neck with like a 3 inch long needle which is dangerous as ******************** AND scary.

Everytime I went to a doctor to get blood drawn, it took them like 2 hours and they'd have to get it from some tiny little thing on the tip of my finger or somewhere like that.

I finally decided I was sick and tired of being sick and tired. I lost a brand new nice car, 3 jobs (2 of them were good friends that fired me because I was ********************ing up THAT bad. Never coming to work until I found what I needed to get well.

[B]Let me make this point VERY VERY CLEAR. People would ask me why I couldn't stop using. They said "Is the high THAT good???" I said no.. "It's that the SICKNESS is THAT bad!!"

It's a horrible way to live when you NEED to spend tons of money and risk arrest and health problems etc just to feel normal. I say normal because after a while, that's all it does anymore. You don't get high anymore.

The best decision I made was to go into a rehab and be placed on a Methadone maintanence program. Methadone may not seem stronger than OC's to people who don't have an addiction to opiates, but let me tell you, there is NO CONTEST between which is stronger for those with an addiction.

When I entered that clinic, I was on a 1 to 2 bundle a day habit so I needed a high dose. I went up to 165 gradually because like someone else said, they start you at 30 by law. Once I reached 165, I would get the nods HARD for like the first 2 hours of taking it.

The beauty of Methadone however is that when taken properly, you can feel and live like a normal person again. Once your body adjusts, you will get a slight "high" when you first take it, but then you just feel great the rest of the day and you don't crave anything which is the best part. It is a VERY long acting opiate which also makes it far better than any of those pills. In fact, once you level out on your set dose, if you were to stop suddenly, you could feel OK for up to 4 days at a 165mg dose. You wouldn't feel "great", but you wouldn't start withdrawling until about 72 hours after your last dose.

For me, I basically forgot that I was even on it after a while which was good because it changed my behaviors. It got rid of that annoying compulsive obsession that addicts have every morning when they wake up. "How am I going to get my fix today??!!!" "I need money!!!" Living like that SUCKS!!!

I've now slowly been weened down to just 25mgs a day and plan on getting off very soon because I don't want to have ANY type of medication holding me back in any way. And Methadone over time does have some bad side effects. My teeth rotted out, but opiates make the body crave alot of sugar so that may have had something to do with it. Also, I hated how I couldn't concentrate and would often just sleep all day. You also get very constipated all the time which can't be good for reducing your risk for colon cancer.

[B]Bottom line is this: Any of you out there experimenting with opiates.. take it from someone who's been locked up twice, in rehab 3 times, lost 3 jobs, 2 girlfriends, my brand new nice car, I nodded at the wheel on a Xanax/Methadone coctail and hit someone head on. Thank God no one was badly hurt, BUT the gentlemen currently has a law suit for $100k filed against me because he claimed to have bad back pain. And the internal stuff is even worse! Ruined relationships with your family, becoming some sneaky pathetic liar and theif, failing health and being in dangerous places (a girl I knew was raped while copping dope down in the city one night).

It's ALL just bad news and if I could go back and change ONE thing.. I would never have touched opiates in the first place. I don't care who you are, if you keep it up, you WILL end up addicted and once you are, the bottomless pit goes on forever until you decide to change or something decides for you (ie DEATH, JAIL etc)

Anyway, I guess my main point was to just help some of you maybe think twice about getting into this stuff. I literally threw away 6 years of my life on drugs. All I have to show for it is a bunch of scars, broken bridges and a lot of debt. I will say that I can look at it positively and say that I gained wisdom and learned things that no one else could without going through it. I love and appreciate every day now.

Just please think before you get into the stuff too deep. I know it's fun at first believe me. Otherwise we all wouldn't do it. Problem is before you know it, that stuff will dig it's claws soo deep into you that some people NEVER get well. Neil Young said it best: "Every Junkie is a Setting Sun". You can literally see the soul and life just being sucked out of a person as they keep using. It's soo sad. I also lost two good friends to OD's.

I hope I've changed some minds, but I know how we all are. If you ARE going to use, please be safe about it and try not to do it every day because if you spread it out, you won't catch a habit. Trust me, there is NOTHING on this planet worse than opiate withdrawls. The first time I tried it, I honestly wished I could just blow my brains out. Imagine the uncomfortable feeling of bad sunburn all over your body, dihareah, cold and hot sweats, pain in your lower back, and all of your joints that lasts for days, sneeze attacks, runny nose, vomiting and not having any appetite.

BUT THE HANDS DOWN WORST PART OF WITHDRAWL IS: And I'm sure anyone who's been there will agree. The worst part is not being able to sleep AT ALL and at the same time having restless leg syndrome where you just cannot stop kicking your legs of moving around all night. And the night just drags seeming like it takes twice as long as normal. That's when you want to just end your life. Worst part is also that this is the longest lasting withdrawl symptom. The 1st time I kicked, I didn't sleep for 2 weeks straight. No joke.

Last thing: The GOOD NEWS IS that once you do kick it and give yourself some time to get well, you feel SOO good it's unreal. Your worst day clean is FAR better than your best day ********************ed up. You actually get horny again (when I was using, I didn't even think about or care about sex for like 2 years so once you stop it's like OMG!! I have a dick!) Music sounds soo much better clean. You can smell things and taste things again. You feel "true" emotion again. Methadone sucked because it just dulls you out to where you don't have any ups or downs. Just kind of zombie-like.

Watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5GIonSHa8c

deelilbugg is offline New Member

My ? Was Is Methadone A Pill That Can Be Snortd

Cats Meow is offline Banned

Yes it can, but there's no good reason to, and I wouldn't advise it.

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Most any drug can be taken by mouth, snorted, smoked, shot ... whatever. Almost every drug can be inserted in just about any orifice in the human body and we will feel it. The question becomes to what extreme is one willing to go to in order to get a buzz. People snort hydrocodone too ... doesn't mean it's the smart thing to do. All too often snorting meds destroys the entire nasal and sinus cavities or worse. And it often leaves us with permanent damage that could have been avoided so simply. I've snorted stupid things too. Doesn't make it right though.
    Last edited by Robert_325; 05-31-2008 at 02:41 AM.

Severin Tsunami is offline New Member

Thumbs down "Giving Advice"

If those of you giving adcice are professionals I don't care. You really are giving bad advice (except that it might be a wise idea to stop) because the things you are saying (not all of it but the majority) are incorrect. I believe that most of you answering questions just like to hear yourself talk and have people listen to you, follow your advice and believe that you know what you are saying. DONT GIVE ANY ADVICE UNLESS YOU ARE BOOK LEARNED IN EVERY ASPECT OF WHAT YOU ARE SAYING (probably from more than two sources on earch fact) and if pertaining to a medical problem personally suffering from it in a moderate or severe mannor OR peronally involved in IN-DEPTH discussion of the affliction with DOZENS or more people stricken with the disease/disorder. Thank You. Peace be with you.

leowd is offline Junior Member

I'm not giving advice as I'm not an expert. I'm just sharing an experience.

My soon-to-be ex-husband, who is also an alcoholic, had a 10-year oxycontin habit that not only kept him from staying sober, but ultimately cost him a very nice lifestyle of permanent vacation, (courtesy of me and my idiocy for supporting him and his habits) as he was considered "disabled" and did not work. This included brand new pick-up trucks, new boats, multiple vacations to Mexico/Aruba/Florida/Canada, a lovely home on 2 acres of wooded paradise, expensive fishing and hunting hobbies...You get the picture.

He was up to 7-40mgs of oxy a day--most of which he crushed and snorted. He had a whole little process that included sucking the coating off, drying them, quartering them, and then putting them in a little container for the day. He always carried 2 kitchen tablespoons with him and his little straw for snorting. He spent his days, and my hard-earned money, burning gas in his pick-up, drinking beer, smoking cigarettes, snorting oxycontin and roaming around the Northwoods fishing, hunting, having little f***ing campfires.

Well, I finally got the courage to leave, and I have not looked back.

He, on the other hand, has not only lost his wife--and source of money unless you count the minimal SSI check he gets, but his truck and boat were repossessed, he will be out of our house very soon, his very good health insurance, his health and he now faces a very different lifestyle. He's 53 years old, looks like he's 63, and probably has the health of someone who's 73--and he's moving back into his parents' home until the divorce is final and he can get government assistance.

And you'd consider snorting...abusing...addiction...??? For what???

efalkenz is offline New Member

Default interesting posts all around..

Telex and mtpv, It's good to see educated people who learned the hard way and know the truth, such as yourselves, take the time to bequeath words of wisdom that may indeed help those who are in need (such as scorpF4). Methadone is a very unique compound who's equianalgesic equivalences do not derive from its binding receptor particulars. One person put it rather well in stating that it's similar to comparing apples and oranges. Stories like mpvt's are stunning by nature, but the reality is that any person who effectively builds their tolerance to a particular substance can thereby attain the same level of usage as another individual. For example, at the clinic I was enrolled in MMT for several years, one 75 year old women w/ an oxygen tank whose stature was akin to that of premature fetus, was taking 900mg's a day, a little something my counselor let me in on, in an attempt to shed some light on the nature of opiates. She had been on it for 25 years and i imagine was a cancer patient. This dose exceeded any other patients they had ever treated, but was not unheard of, regionally speaking. mpvt's story is unique in the sense that he has had from birth, a preliminary exposure too and therefore proclivity for opiates. His acquired predisposition makes him more vulnerable to their addictive nature as well as inherently more immune to their beneficial, however narcotic, effects. I myself was exposed to 300mg's of methadone daily for several years, and to tell you guys the truth, at first, it did ******************** me up, put me on the nod and so forth in spite of my extensive prior experience w/ all drugs. This is only because of its synthetically derived composition as a full opiate antagonist vastly different from any other opiate out there. A cross tolerance cannot be built in the same fashion as other sister substances ie: morphine/di-morphine (>>>>>>) although methadone's potency is estimated to be 80% that of pure >>>>>>'s when ingested orally, assuming a relative bio availability, and induces effects similar to that or morphine, by no means can it be compared. Which is why you'll hear many who have run the race and ended up in the waiting room, or standing in line for it, hail its grace, as its ability to abstain use through the abolition of craving as well as block the effects of all other opiates (which it does do by the way, and very effectively, as it is a re-uptake inhibitor similar to a particular class of anti-depressants known as Tryciclic, however not as efficiently as drugs like Naltroxone) while providing the user with a veritable bevy of endorphins, which are the building block and missing piece of any users throws and woes, as it were. In fact it is suspected on a pharmacological level, that many people are actually born w/ an endorphin deficiency, making them prone to depression, anxiety, and a complex desire to expunge the daily reminder that they must be functioning differently from everyone else. In addition, a well founded school of thought quantifies this deficiency as an unrivaled desire to re-use opiates/painkillers of all types (due to their uncanny ability to mimic the brains chemicals, ranging from serotonin/norepinephrin to neurontin and adrenaline), which manifests itself in a fore mentioned, resulting in an overwhelming need to continue use independent of addiction, withdrawal, or compulsory action. Unfortunately, we are still with the complex dilemma of accurately quantifying endorphins in the human brain, which at present, presents itself as an insurmountable issue as they cannot be effectively measured, however recognizable the symptoms in their absence may be. I recently successfully completely a 10 day detox from methadone and suffered 30 days of in-patient treatment. Since then it has been approximately 4 months, during which time I have re-lapsed on every drug available to man, with little exception. Though I experienced some of the appeal of sobriety (rather abstinence from drugs, I should say, as I drank a 5th of wine not 24 hours upon my release) which one user so elegantly described. This zeal for life returned in true form, even before my post-acute-withdrawals had subsided, as methadone is the most insidious withdrawal imaginable, but it was strikingly short lived. I even managed to steer clear of ALL opiates for 2 months, indulging in uppers and alcohol. Then one night, in my drunken angst, i rebelled against my inhibitions, and stopped by my "buddies" house, i quote in humor as there are no friends in the dope show, only actors and acquaintances. He must have found my subsiding tolerance and new found susceptibility to the euphoric effects of the oxy amusing as he kept shaving me line after line. It took me back to the good old days, back in high school.. when a good ol' 40mg would do the trick.. I reminisced.. while endlessly attempting to itch every portion of my body in one fell swoop. I woke up the next morning, realizing what i had done, but feeling neither guilt nor remorse as I always held the reservation that it was only a matter of time, sooner or later. Much to my surprise I managed to hold off for another week or so before hitting it again. Then, like clockwork, it became evermore frequent. Now.. here in lies the kicker guys.. the moral of the story, the point of the pin; now as i described, that first night was utter euphoria, followed closely by the next several occasions, but here I am, 2 months later, and back to using every day (in some form or another, beuponephrine, methadone, norcos, all in my system at this very moment) and even before I reached this point of frequency in my use, the euphoria died, blending back in seamlessly intertwined w/ the void of apathy and numbness that is all too familiar. Instead of dwelling on those fleeting moments of sheer pleasure, I should have recollected all the time before and after.. and eventually during. And yes, those fulfilling moments of unrivaled contentment and happiness CAN be obtained, and they are real, and they are wonderful, but they are EVER so fleeting, my friends, and EVER so costly, while the time spent in payment of these debts outweighs their cost TEN-fold and beyond. I have come to find what i knew all along, but am living it real and as plain as the nose on my face, because when you come right down to it, its so *********************************** simple.. It is just. not. worth. it. Some would argue, at the pinnacle of their high, the climax of their stoned success, to the contrary, and propose that no price could be too costly, as no other product can rival its.. performance, so to speak. Now, here's where i separate need, from desire. At this point of contention, the junkie wants, above all else to continue to use, to perpetuate the euphoria of which he has availed himself. Naturally.. who wouldn't? One how remembers that the cost of this want, becomes need, forsaking the very reason, the very point of chasing it in the first place, becomes lost within the desire to have it, making its inherent nature unattainable. I lieu of further elaboration; if you want it, you can't have it. Fine, ok, I can live w/ that.. can't I? Well.. i thought I could.. I thought the desire to have it would fade, becoming an elusive memory alongside the physical dependency and "need" to have it. Sadly.. I was mistaken.. which ultimately leads me to a question that I pose to any whose experiences warrant a response: Does the desire to use ever fade..? I've heard stories of people being haunted w/ temptation as present as the urge to use after 10 on and 2 off (days). For myself it seems that the "desire" to use remained equally as potent after the "need" had gone and much of the disregard and appreciation for everyday life had left me as well. This is what troubles me so dearly. I have learned a valuable lesson, this much I can say, as my initial inclination that "Well, now that I'm free and clean, and I still want to use just the same as I did when addicted, why not get back on it? After all, at least I'll be high." What folly, as I've once again replaced that ever present desire to use w/ the need to do so, i a matter of just a few short months. ********************. Perhaps I'm one of those people that truly does "need" some sort of opioid intervention ie: MMT. Have I been stricken w/ a lack of endorphins from birth? Am I clinically depressed and self seeking resolution in the wrong places? Or am I really just one of those demented ********************ers that can't stand life off a plane? Thanks to any who may have suffered through my entire dissertation. Any genuine input or confession of relative experiences will be much appreciated. Thank you.

Default efalkenz

Hi Efalkenz:

Indeed there is therapy called ORT (Opiate Replacement Therapy) and is beginning to take hold in the addiction services field. Usually the ORT is methadone but buprenorphene is now the drug of choice. It's alot easier on the patient as you can prescribe it in monthly prescriptions. It is a sublingual pill that you take once a day (some people take it once every other day as it has an extremely long half life). Here in Canada the goverment has just completed a study on ORT by taking 100 (I'm not totally sure of the number of people) and giving 50 of them pharmacutical >>>>>> up to 5 times a day while the other 50 got methadone. The >>>>>> was self injected in the presence of nurses. The methadone group faired much better then the >>>>>> group as the methadone patients would get their dose and go off to work or school or something productive. The >>>>>> group for the most part just did their shot and waited around for their next dose.

Anyway, I really think you should get yourself on buprenorphene as your history shows that you need to be on ORT likely for the rest of your life. Look at it this way, a person with diabeties needs to take a drug everyday and as long as they do they lead a normal life. It's the same thing with ORT, you take a drug to control your addiction and you go about your business as usual. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that in my opinion..Good luck and keep us up on how your doing.....Dave

P.S. In the last 2 years I have successfully brought my dose down to 130mgs a day.My plan is to get to 120mgs a day which I should be at by the end on January 09.....Dave
    Last edited by mpvt; 12-02-2008 at 02:36 PM.

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Default efalkenz

I very seldom agree with suboxone being used for maintenance purposes but there are certainly exceptions to every rule. It's a no-brainer that a person is better off on buprenorphine indefinitely if the alternative is a life of addictive self-destructive behavior as Dave just mentioned. I hate to see that being the case but when it becomes a quality-of-life issue then that is what it is. I would certainly never judge anyone for doing what was required to keep a person off the streets engaging in destructive behavior and causing harm to themself and others. I wish you the best of luck. The only think that I would emphasize here is that a maintenance dose of buprenorphine should be in the very low range as in 2mg or thereabouts daily. God bless.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast