Methadone or no Methadone, that is the question....
    angelheart333 is offline New Member

Question Methadone or no Methadone, that is the question....

On most given days I am in pain.....but at least half that time I'm in severe pain. The pain is in my shoulders, neck, arms and upper back. It seems to all have started after I had a breast augumentation in 2008 and ended up a DD instead of the full C cup that I chose. Granted I did tell the doctor to feel free to go larger if it would be better but I'm kind of a small lady with a small frame.....only 5'4" and around 110 - 120 lbs and they ARE heavy...making my bra straps cut into my shoulders leaving what seems like a deep permanent indentation.

Anyhow, since I don't have medical insurance, I've still yet to find out the REAL cause for this pain....so most days I deal with it by taking (4) 500mg tylenol or generic acetaminaphen AND 4 200mg of ibuprofen whenever the pain becomes unbearable as they seem to be the only things that DO NOT make me puke my brains out. I currently don't take any other medication except an occasional Ativan for anxiety or to help me sleep but I have tried things like vicodin, percocet, darvocet, tylenol with codein, norco and oxy (something) but with those, like I said before, I never know if I'm going to spend the next few hours puking (strange I know but I have a very sensitive stomach and have different reactions frequently to the same dose etc.. to pain killers).....and frankly I don't know which is worse...my pain OR the puking for hours.

Yesterday I ran into an old friend at the superrmarket and when I told her of my pain she reached into her purse and gave me a 10mg Methadone pill and I'm afraid to take it. I generally don't take ANY medication unless I have to but I know ingesting a lot of tylenol can really destroy my liver PLUS I would really like to find SOMETHING that actually works.soooooo what do you guys think? Should I take it and if so, what will it do to me?

Thanks for any help or advise you could give me...I appreciate your input.

korbon is offline Member

I wouldn't if I were you, you'll probably puke your guts out. That's a way too strong med for you IMO.

If you are sensitive to opiates as described in your post...you will probably get deathly sick for untold hours if you take methadone. I mean "I wish I were dead" sick.