Methadone and Hydrocodone
    oxyman24 is offline Junior Member

Default Methadone and Hydrocodone

If i eat a methadone this morning then take a hydrocodone while under the influenece of methadone will i still feel the hydrocodone? or will the methadone block the hydrocodone from affecting me??

mpvt is offline Platinum Member

If you are taking methadone on a regular basis you won't feel the hydro.If your taking the methadone recreationaly then you need to wait at least 72 hours before you would feel the hydro.You should really staay away from the methadone it is extremely powerful and makes hydro look like sugar pills.Be very careful....Dave

so a methadone 10mg pill has some indgrediant to block the hydrocodone from affecting me?

someone has got to know this!? DOES OR DOES NOT METHADONE PILLS (the ones prescribed for pain, not the juice from a methadone clinic) block a person from feeling a hydrocodone or morphine pill?!?

PatriciaDavies is offline New Member

methadone is an opiate blocker. the pills are the exact same thing as the "juice" from the clinics. they give the liquid form so they can be sure people aren't just tonguing it and selling them on the street.

fetanylking is offline New Member

Default the reason why

Opiates work on what is known as the mu receptor the reason why other opiates don't work while on methadone is not due to the fact methadone is an opiate blocker it is because methadone fills all mu receptor sites and being as methadone is such a long acting opiate the previous post stating 72 hours until receptor sites release all traces of the methadoneis correct. So it is pretty much pointless to use opiates of any form while taking methadone although I know many drug addicts who deny this and still shoot dope or eat pills and say they get high I believe this is purely psychosomatic the science behind this is sound. The vicodin would be better of being flipped for cash

7tonyred9 is offline New Member

are wrong in several points.

Firstly, there is no blockers in methadone "that keep(...)from getting high". Methadone is a full morphine receptor agonist and has no blocking properties. What you think about is called "ceiling dose", the dose upwards from which no additional effects come when upping the dose.

The only thing why methadone seems to provide no high as such is the accumulating effectsof medications with long resp. very long half-life time, such as methadone. That means one day after the last dose you are still on yesterdays dose,-and so on. So you feel normal, then add your todays methadone and feel- no high. thats all.

At last methadone itself is a very potent analgesic and is used in chronic pain patients for the reason of its long duration time comparedto short acting opioids.

And methadone is known to work well in combination with short acting analgesics for breakthrough pain.

(One thing else the OP didn't