Methadone Drug Interactions?
    owninginc is offline New Member

Question Methadone Drug Interactions?

Hi, ive been in a methadone maintinence program for opiate dependence for a little over 2 years now, my regular doctor has changed my medications and ive done some research on the internet and have gotten conflicting information so i need a little help. I was on aloprazolam/xanax 1mg 4 times a day and lexapro and now im taking seroquel 200mg twice daily and buspar/buspirone? 15mg i think 3 times a day i havent started that one yet,and i had to stop the lexapro because it started making me break out in hives and turn real red and hot and caused chest pains. I also had to stop the xanax because i guess its dangerous to mix benzos and opiates from what my regular doc and the methadone doc have told me, but what they havent told me is how methadone mixs with seroquel, and buspar/busiprone on some websites ive seen that mixing it with seroquel can cause rapid heart rate,hypertension,high blood pressure(which i already suffer from)abnormal heart rate(which i also suffer from) and even sudden death. Also im taking lisinopril10 mg once a day for bloodpressure, Soma/carisoprodol350mg 3 times a day, Combuvent Abuterol inhaler, and Advair Inhaler. My methadone is 220mg methadone Liquid taken once daily in the morning. Can anyone help me out? also what are the long term risks of taking methadone and are there any effects on the liver or kidneys? Thank you much!!

iloerose is offline Platinum Member

You better get to one doctor that you trust and lay out all this medication that you are taking. This is crazy how many meds. you are taking. Why are you taking methadone for opiate w/d. What opiate are you coming off of? Post back in featured drugs.

Iloerose.

owninginc is offline New Member

fentynal 100mcg patchs and oxycodone