Methadone cause headaches?
    Oscar1967 is offline New Member

Default Methadone cause headaches?

My doctor switched me from Oxcy (was down to 20-30 mg a day) to methadone 20 mg twice a day. I have had a really bad headache since the second day I started methadone. Everything I have read so far seems to indicate methadone is actually used to treat headaches in some cases. Will these nasty headaches go away? It feels like someone drove a 3 inch spike in the base of my skull and continues to tap it...

thanks.

mas215 is offline Junior Member

It could be your body adjusting to the methadone, but I never had that problem. If fact even though I've taken methadone for years, when I do get a headache, a couple advil usually do the trick. But methadone shouldn't itself cause headaches but we're all different. Anxiety headaches, whatever. If it lasts too long, call your physician! Sometimes eating will help and even a cup of coffee. Hope you get relief but I don't think it's just from the methadone.

bonedaddy is offline New Member

Default wtf`s going on?

Quote Originally Posted by mas215 View Post
    It could be your body adjusting to the methadone, but I never had that problem. If fact even though I've taken methadone for years, when I do get a headache, a couple advil usually do the trick. But methadone shouldn't itself cause headaches but we're all different. Anxiety headaches, whatever. If it lasts too long, call your physician! Sometimes eating will help and even a cup of coffee. Hope you get relief but I don't think it's just from the methadone.
    bad headaches before and after methadone treatment...went doctor almost five years ago complaining about pain all over and was told to pick one pain and that was hard and nothing was done ....no appointments went to emerge and was told to go back to my family doctor.....went to walk in clinics and told to go to my family doctor....finaly went to family doctor that i was using oxycotton off the street and finally got a responce from my family doctor.....he prescribed me oxycotton and told me i should go to a methadone clinic...i did what i was told and went to my appointments and my family doctor stopped my prescription of oxycottons and now i hurt bad but im not having any opiot withdrals and my headaches are constant and all my other pains are thier as well....my friend that was almost a girl friend told me that methadone is for junkies and wants nothing to do with me also my friends have given me alot of flak because the steriotypical attitude towards methadone ...im really really upset and feel that ive been short chainged so to say to the medical treatment that i have recieved.....im typing this with tears in my eyes

EricaMarie is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by bonedaddy View Post
    bad headaches before and after methadone treatment...went doctor almost five years ago complaining about pain all over and was told to pick one pain and that was hard and nothing was done ....no appointments went to emerge and was told to go back to my family doctor.....went to walk in clinics and told to go to my family doctor....finaly went to family doctor that i was using oxycotton off the street and finally got a responce from my family doctor.....he prescribed me oxycotton and told me i should go to a methadone clinic...i did what i was told and went to my appointments and my family doctor stopped my prescription of oxycottons and now i hurt bad but im not having any opiot withdrals and my headaches are constant and all my other pains are thier as well....my friend that was almost a girl friend told me that methadone is for junkies and wants nothing to do with me also my friends have given me alot of flak because the steriotypical attitude towards methadone ...im really really upset and feel that ive been short chainged so to say to the medical treatment that i have recieved.....im typing this with tears in my eyes
    Hi bonedaddy...wish I would've seen this sooner and I pray you will see it as well. I was an oxycontin abuser/addict for 5 years. At my worst i was doing 5 or 6 80's a day. A year ago, I started going to a methadone clinic, and I must say it has completely changed my life around for the better. I can function now as a successful human being. It saved me. It's very sad how those who are so uneducated on this can make such an ignorant statement such as "methadone is for junkies". Sad but true that this is how shallow those type of people are. I'm sorry but such uneducated people I've mentioned seem to be the exact type your so called "friends" are. Wipe those tears my friend; do not let such people discourage you! Several people, I for one, have extremely positive stories on how MMT saved their lives. And using it properly under your physicians care....not getting any "high" off of it....getting your life back together....all of the great things this treatment can do for people such as me.....that is not the actions of "A JUNKIE"! So hard as it may be my friend, don't let these people discourage you; know you are better than that. Tell them to go educate themselves before they pass judgement on you. Is your life better now? Are you functioning well? Are you still buying drugs off the street? Bottom line is hey, if this treatment is working for you and you're a better person b/c of it, then you stand by that. And let all the people who want make whatever "judgements" of you they want. They'll be "judged" themselves..in the end...

bonedaddy is offline New Member

Wink thank you

Quote Originally Posted by EricaMarie View Post
    Hi bonedaddy...wish I would've seen this sooner and I pray you will see it as well. I was an oxycontin abuser/addict for 5 years. At my worst i was doing 5 or 6 80's a day. A year ago, I started going to a methadone clinic, and I must say it has completely changed my life around for the better. I can function now as a successful human being. It saved me. It's very sad how those who are so uneducated on this can make such an ignorant statement such as "methadone is for junkies". Sad but true that this is how shallow those type of people are. I'm sorry but such uneducated people I've mentioned seem to be the exact type your so called "friends" are. Wipe those tears my friend; do not let such people discourage you! Several people, I for one, have extremely positive stories on how MMT saved their lives. And using it properly under your physicians care....not getting any "high" off of it....getting your life back together....all of the great things this treatment can do for people such as me.....that is not the actions of "A JUNKIE"! So hard as it may be my friend, don't let these people discourage you; know you are better than that. Tell them to go educate themselves before they pass judgement on you. Is your life better now? Are you functioning well? Are you still buying drugs off the street? Bottom line is hey, if this treatment is working for you and you're a better person b/c of it, then you stand by that. And let all the people who want make whatever "judgements" of you they want. They'll be "judged" themselves..in the end...
    :
    thanks for the reply i`ll try to keep my head up