Methadone.... addictive?
    MBEM is offline New Member

Default Methadone.... addictive?

Jan-Mar last year i was doing all kinds of pills but stopped cuz i found out exactly how stupid i was being and i guess you could say im kinda lucky to have survived those three months.....

one of the main pills i was doin was methadone, and i actually felt kinda addicted to it. after a lil while i ended up chopping up the pills and snorting them.

well now i dont do that stupid stuff any more and happy i dont, but im up late and just got it on my mind if i was addicted to methadone, was it the >>>>>> in the pill? i read that you dont get the high from the >>>>>>, but it is still there. so how bad is the >>>>>> in methadone?

but yeah anyways just a friendly discussion here.

zenith is offline Junior Member

THere is no ">>>>>>" in methadone. Where did you get that idea?

Methadone is an opiate medication that is often used for the treatment of >>>>>> addiction--but there is NO >>>>>> in methadone.

Methadone can cause dependence, and must be tapered down to avoid withdrawals if taken regularly. However, it is actually less addictive then >>>>>> because it does not cause a big rush or euphoria and is a slow to act, long acting drug. It can be very dangerous when abused or mixed with other drugs.

mommy3 is offline Member

Default methadone

I am just speaking for myself here so no judgement please. I went on Methadone a few years back to get off high amounts of pills. I was promised a new life, no cravings and blah blah blah. I got on it..stayed on it for 3 years...even tapered down like suggested. Did everything right. By day 2 of detox from it, my vision had a dark green tent..like turning the tent way down on your tv. That went on for about 8 days. I didnt sleep not one hour, horrible lower back sharp pain. Throwing up and diahrea. By day 5 I didnt even know who I was or where I was, didnt recognize my family members and couldnt even remember the last few years while on methadone. By day 6 I had a grandma seizure and was rushed to the hospital. They told me my kidneys were actually trying to shutdown. I personally do not recommend methadone to anyone. Its just a substitute for your actual addiction. And yes it is very addicting, as much addicting as >>>>>> itself. Now Suboxone and such I have no personal experiences. I have heard good stories about it if you use it right and for a short term period. I hope this post helps.

leiito is offline Junior Member

Default methadone addictive?

Methadone is as addictive as >>>>>>, but withdrawal is different. Whereas on H the wd is extremely intense it lasts a relatively short time, 5-7 days, but as soon as you start feeling better, day 3 or 4, you are OK if only from the fact that you notice feeling better and get a big boost from that. With methadone the wd creeps in much more slowly, shadow like, is not as intense but seems to last much longer. Nonetheless, you can detox from methadone relatively easily by locking yourself in a cabin with no access to drugs and have someone bring you minute qty of >>>>>> after 48hrs, 24hrs later half of minute, 24hrs later a nano particle of >>>>>>, 24 hours a placebo. Just make sure you have to do something so you dont feel so sorry for yourself, it aint that bad. Some drugs you wouldn't expect seem to help with wd from any opiate, Clonodin in particular (hypertension drug), also Kratom, a non-opiate opiate substitute from SE Asia helps, you can buy it on the net.
    all in all, as bad as wd is, it is not life threatening and subjects invariably experience symptoms they expected so it's also very psychological. People who did not know they were addicted thought they had a flu.

leiito is offline Junior Member

Default methadone addictive?

one more thing, people tend to like methadone cut it allows for smooth transition from >>>>>> and produces a very decent high in the first 2 weeks, but after that it has all the >>>>>> problems: constipation, no libido, no emotions, lethargy, apathy and general inability to do anything productive so it is hard to recommend it if >>>>>> messed up your life. In addition, once the high disappears after 2 weeks the cravings return, often with s vengeance so many subjects just have it as a safety net and keep on abusing >>>>>>. It appears to be beneficial for society though as it reduces crime and infections.