macrobid and cipro
    arlene chase is offline New Member

Default macrobid and cipro

Last October,I was on cipro for ten days for a UTI. On the eleventh day, I became quite ill. Belching, coughing and retching, morning after morning with a general feeling of unwellness. Doctor thought I had an ulcer which I didn't. Colonoscopy, endoscopy, stomach, x-ray, pelvic and abdominal ultrasound all negative. It took me many months to begin to feel like myself again. I took one macrobid tablet last Thursday night, and five hours later became extremely ill. It began with an itchy feeling in my lungs, also a strange cough. I was unable to sleep, and had pain between my shoulder blades and a racing heart. At 6 AM I got up and began to retch and vomit. I was extremely dizzy, weak, and then fainted. I had no strength at all. My husband called the paramedics, and I was taken to the hospital by ambulance. I spent the day in the hospital and after blood work, chest and stomach x-rays and a gallbladder ultra sound, I was released with the diagnoses of age vs medication SE. I am 67. It is now eight days later, and I am still feeling the effects. Can these side effects last this long from one pill? I had forgotten that I had taken Macrobid for 2 days years ago, and stopped because I began to get a rash.

jennifermw is offline Member

Well it is definatly obvious that you are allergic to this drug you have all the signs and symptoms. I read that any permanent damage is only due to chronic use. Since you only took the pill once you should not have any long term problems related to your one time use. I was wondering if they put you on something else for your urinary tract? If they have not you may have a Urinary Tract infection and if left untreated can become septic. I would definatly talk to your doctor about what is going on. Hope this info helped!