Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By zippysgoddess
LYRICA- WHAT IS IT?
    oldhen is offline Junior Member

Default LYRICA- WHAT IS IT?

Hi my doctor prescribed LYRICA for my back pain I have never taken this before can anyone tell me how it is for severe pain in spine?
    and joints in arm?

oldhen

zippysgoddess is offline Platinum Member

Lyrica is Pregabalin it has been approved to treat certain types of nerve pain, the operative problem of course, is it will only treat certain types of pain, so it does not work for everyone.

I have not tried this one, but my doctor had me try Neurontin and Cymbalta, both similar types of drugs, and I had no luck for my severe spinal pain, or the joint pain in my hip, from either one, no matter how high they adjusted the dosage.

The only way to tell if it will help you is to try it for about a month, so it reaches its peak efficacy in your body and see for yourself. Some people have great results from this, and others, like myself, have nothing.

My information is not guaranteed correct. I do not get them right all the time, but I do enjoy the hunt~
    alrhym22 likes this.

oldhen is offline Junior Member

Zippy, thanks for answering I have been on this LYRICA for 6 days now and today is my first day with 2 pills and so far it has helped my pain tremendosly. I am so glad I am off the lortab this works better than that ever did. Just hope they keep me on it.

I have asked other people here and they say it is better than neuorotin and I beleive it. I still have a little pain but not much.

Good Luck

oldhen