Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Myki
  • 1 Post By Stallion
lortab vs vicodin
    i40auto is offline New Member

Default lortab vs vicodin

i was recently prescribed vicodin for pain coming from my abdomen.after a few days it no longer helped control the pain so i was then prescribed 7.5mg of lorcet and then 10mg/500mg of lortab..none of them really help unless i take several at 1 time..i was just wondering which one is the most powerful and what is the difference between them if any...thanks so much for any help and have a very Merry Christmas!!!

Myki is offline Junior Member

for one thing..several at one time is not only too much pain med but it is based with tylenol which is damaging to the liver so you are also taking too much tylenol. My concern tho is abdominal pain requiring that kind of pain med...they are covering up what could be something serious.Only abdominal surgery should require that dose...have they investigated thoroughly the cause of the pain or just throw pills at you?
    BESAFEONPILLS likes this.

i40auto is offline New Member

yes it took them 2weeks to figure it out but i have pancreantitas.it is inflamed and causing me a great deal of pain..they tell me there is nothing i can do but starve and take pain medication untill the pain goes away. i believe i have to take so many because i have built up a tolerance to it.. i was on much more powerful pain medication such as morphine,demerol,dilaudid and that kind of stuff while in the hospital..i know its bad for you but what can i do when i'm in so much pain?i was just wondering which is stronger so i can stick with one medication instead of mixing them up to find out..thanks for any help and Merry Christmas -van

Stallion is offline Senior Member

Vicodin, lortab and lorcet are all different formulations of hydrocodone and Tylenol. You did not mention the what mg the vicodins are, all the brands you mentioned come in 5, 7.5, and 10mg doses (for the hydro, the difference in the brands is the amount of Tylenol). so the 10's have the most hydro and less apap than the lorcets. If you are concerned about the amount of Tylenol you are ingesting, you can crush your pillss and mix them w/ cold water. The opiates are water soluable, but the tylenol is less so, and much of it will precipitate out into sediment. let it sttle out and drink the remaining liquid, and you will drasticly reduce the apap w/o significantly reducing the hydro.

Information = Freedom
    BESAFEONPILLS likes this.