Long Term Effects of Pepcid AC?
    maverickx is offline New Member

Default Long Term Effects of Pepcid AC?

Okay, I'm a 26 year old Asian male that is a bad sufferer of the "asian glow", ie when I have anything more than 1 beer, I turn beet red. This has caused me some problems in social situations, as I'm an attorney and a lot of our business is discussed/closed over drinks.

So I read online that taking 2 Pepcid AC maximum strength pills (40mg famotidine) on an empty stomach 45 mins before drinking can reduce the redness effects.

I tried it once and it worked wonders. My question is: are there long term negative side effects to this? Taking about 40-60mg 1-2 times a week before having drinks?

Any info is greatly appreciated.

BSGjunkie is offline Member

Pepcid is also known as famotidine, which you've already stated. You may want to run a search on Rxlist.com for the clinical studies and other long term effects. Your local pharmacist may be the most help to you. Its their job to understand the the effects of all those drugs. Just call them up.

From what I understand, pepcid AC is a drug many use daily. I don't see why once or twice a week would be a problem - but again don't take my work for it, I'm a nobody.

dizzy23 is offline Senior Member

quote:Originally posted by BSGjunkie

Pepcid is also known as famotidine, which you've already stated. You may want to run a search on Rxlist.com for the clinical studies and other long term effects. Your local pharmacist may be the most help to you. Its their job to understand the the effects of all those drugs. Just call them up.

From what I understand, pepcid AC is a drug many use daily. I don't see why once or twice a week would be a problem - but again don't take my work for it, I'm a nobody.

Just wanted to add,please,that the directions say you can take up to 2 tablets in a 24 hour period.

Debbie

maverickx is offline New Member

BSGjunkie: thanks for the tip, checked it out over there, and didn't notice anything adverse.

Dizzy: Yeah, I've tried to keep it under 2 pills per dose, as per the instructions.

I guess my biggest fear is some long term side effect that I haven't heard about, especially since I've had (and will have) weekends where I drink thurs, friday and saturday - which means ~40mg a night for 3 nights in a row. Just afraid of messing up my body now without knowing it.