Liver Damage / Which Is Worse?
    AnArachnid is offline New Member

Default Liver Damage / Which Is Worse?

I'm curious about the effects of different drugs on the liver. If there are any Pharmacists out there who can answer this, please help! I'd like to know which is worse for your liver, Oxycodone or Difulcan. I take Oxycodone for pain and would like to get a prescription for Difulcan. Which do you think is more toxic to the liver, and would taking both be REALLY bad? Anyone?

D. J
    If you wish to live and thrive, leave the next spider you see alive...

Cats Meow is offline Banned

We haven't had any pharmacists visit these boards in quite awhile, but I may be able to help, first oxycodone isn't bad for the liver, it's the acetaminophen - if it's in combo with the oxy, they make oxy with and without, so a Dr. would be wise to prescribe you one without APAP. I know all the anti-fungals are very hard on the liver, even to the danger point, so therefore it's much worse then APAP, and the combination of both would be accumulative. Acetaminophen starts to be become toxic at the 4000mg/day dose, less then that shouldn't be much cause for concern.

Curiosity skilled the cat

AnArachnid is offline New Member

quote:Originally posted by Cats Meow

We haven't had any pharmacists visit these boards in quite awhile, but I may be able to help, first oxycodone isn't bad for the liver, it's the acetaminophen - if it's in combo with the oxy, they make oxy with and without, so a Dr. would be wise to prescribe you one without APAP. I know all the anti-fungals are very hard on the liver, even to the danger point, so therefore it's much worse then APAP, and the combination of both would be accumulative. Acetaminophen starts to be become toxic at the 4000mg/day dose, less then that shouldn't be much cause for concern.

Thanks Meow! I'm actually on Oxycodone which has no buffers in it so maybe I'm safe. I was on Percocette for several years and requested the change. I had no clue about the anti fungals.....I'll ask my doctor for a short dose and hope it clears my problem quick!
    Curiosity skilled the cat

D. J
    If you wish to live and thrive, leave the next spider you see alive...