is liquid morphine sulfate much different than a morphine pill
    gtargee is offline New Member

Question is liquid morphine sulfate much different than a morphine pill

[/

Ok here is my question, how much difference is there between a liquid morphine and a morphine pill? .25 ml is about 5 mg of liquid morphine. If you are used to taking a 30mg morphine pill how much of the liquid morphine can you take to equal that same amout. Is the liquid any different than the pill other than the fact that it is liquid? Help im concerned about taking this Im afraid that I might kill over, but need it for my pain. I was taking up to 6 loratab 10 a day and once started radiation and chemo they game me the liquid morphine. Im a bit paranoid and don't want to have anything happen to me since ima mother of two young boys. Please help...

sisterwin2 is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by gtargee View Post
    [/

Ok here is my question, how much difference is there between a liquid morphine and a morphine pill? .25 ml is about 5 mg of liquid morphine. If you are used to taking a 30mg morphine pill how much of the liquid morphine can you take to equal that same amout. Is the liquid any different than the pill other than the fact that it is liquid? Help im concerned about taking this Im afraid that I might kill over, but need it for my pain. I was taking up to 6 loratab 10 a day and once started radiation and chemo they game me the liquid morphine. Im a bit paranoid and don't want to have anything happen to me since ima mother of two young boys. Please help...
    liquid morphine is fast action.... absorb quicker as it does not have to be broken down by your gastric jucices. It is normally used for breakthru pain while on a longer acting morphine time release. Take it as perscribed and you should be find. The reason for instance release is that you will build a tolerance and need more to reach the same effect.

Good luck