Ive been on Suboxone and just got kicked from program. Dunno why?
    Black Sunshine is offline New Member

Angry Ive been on Suboxone and just got kicked from program. Dunno why?

I was on Opiates for about 3 year and finally realized I needed to quit.. So I started the Suboxone program have been on Sub for about 1 1/2 years now. Ive been doing real well without the help of my doctor. He would have just kept prescribing me the highest mg forever if it werent for me working myself down. Im sure most of you know many DRs these days just don't care. So I took it upon myself to wein my self down. My last appointment was about a month ago and have been on the .5 mg for about 8 months now. I just recently started cutting them in half about 4 months ago so its basically like taking .25 mg a day..
    I was so close to finally over coming my addiction and then I get a letter in the mail saying that I have been discharged from the program. The reason being = Non-compliance of treatment contract. I have not had a chance to call them about it but I plan on doing it within the next couple days. I just want to think it over carefully before I call b/c at the moment I am still very angry over this.
    The reason I was kicked out (I assume) was b/c I havnt taken a drug test since I started with this DR about 6 months ago. I would have taken the DT but the staff never told me to do so, it was never mentioned except one time. And before I could take it the nurse just told me to go ahead and leave. It was crowded that day so thats why I assume she told me to go, or maybe she just didnt wanna do it, ha, I dunno. I knew I was supposed to take the drug tests but the nurses, DR, nor the "social worker" ever told me to stay and take one (DT) after I saw the DR about my scrip so I just always left. It's not my job anyways to remind them to give me a drug test. Next thing you know I'll be reminding them to check my BP or something. This clinic is one of the worst I have ever been to. Plus I don't have the extra money to pay for a DT. I did get a call from the social worker saying I needed to take a DT before my next appointment which I was planning on doing when I went back, but I guess they decided to go ahead and kick me out. At the time I still had some Suboxone left so it was no need for me to go back yet. The letter says "We take your health very seriously" which I find hard to believe b/c all this will do is drive me back to taking opiates.
    I would just like some feedback on this. This social worker, in my opinion, has had it out for me since I first spoke to her. However, that's just my opinion. She hasn't been doing her job from the get go and I dont feel I have done anything wrong to result in getting kicked out of the program. I think whose ever job it is to administer the drug tests should get in trouble, not me, I'm just a patient, or really just a customer to them. Anyways feedback will be greatly appreciated!!
    -JR

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Send them a copy of what you just wrote in an email or tell them what you just said. Either way tell the truth. If what you say is true you haven't done anything wrong. Good luck.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Black Sunshine is offline New Member

Thanks for the reply! Indeed everything I wrote is true and the DR that has treated me can back be up (hopefully) by saying I have been asking for lower MG every time I go to see him. So it should be obvious I wasn't going just to get some pills. It was the social worker that is responsible for my dismissal.. I plan on calling them today. Again, thanks for your reply!
    -JR

newyorkgal is offline Platinum Member

The problem is you signed a contract. They can hold you to it and they obviously are. I also don't agree with how clinics treat their "patients" having been on a methadone clinic for many years. BUT, rules are rules and you have to follow them. Often, on the program I was on, they would fail to ask for urine but I knew I was required to provide one once a month so would tell them. Sometimes they would make me take itt, sometimes tthey would let it slide. But they are within their rights to make sure you follow their rules totally. You should have reminded them you were due for a urine test. Maybe you can talk to them, explain that they failed to ask, and get back on. The problem you have is that they sent you a letter ttelling you about it so they have it on record.... It sucks that they treat you (us) this way but there is no way to get around their rules.

jboss10 is offline Member

Hey Sunshine

Yeah this is quite an awkward and difficult situation. When I read that you have been down to .25mg for 4 months, that is awesome! Maybe take this opportunity and try to stop taking the Suboxone. Or, if you still have your script left try over the next couple weeks to taper even more. Take it one day then don't take it the next. The go two then three, then four days in between. Not sure how to do a taper but there is a taper section on the forum from Robert. Good luck! Let us know what happens.

-Jboss