inderal and pregnancy
    rachela80 is offline New Member

Default inderal and pregnancy

I would like to know if inderal is safe to take when pregnant. I have been prescribed inderal (5mg) for anxiety. I only take the inderal with work related occasions such a public speaking in front of a large group. I would only take inderal about once a month. So my question is will such a low dose on inderal cause any effects to a baby while pregnant.

julquestions is offline New Member

Default ideral

Hi,

I am in the same situation as you and I'm wondering what conclusion you reached? I am trying to get pregnant and the obgyn recommends not using the inderal but I really do need it. Please let me know what you have done. I wish you the best.

Thanks,
    Jul

CPhT-Robert is offline Junior Member

Inderal is a BetaBlocker -- which i thought was safe in the 2nd and 3rd trimester but I'm not sure.. I would have to look at Facts and Comparisons to know for sure though..

alliecullen is offline New Member

Lightbulb

Hey, I hope I can help. Always...ALWAYS...do what your ob/gyn recommends, but I can tell you that I have taken Inderal 20mg 3-4 times a days for a heart condition through 2 single pregnancies and 1 twin pregnancy without a single problem. The benefit outweighed the risk. No inderal=shaky heartbeat and shaky heartbeat=baby in trouble. That's how my heart doctor put it to me. I hope this helps. Good luck to you both. *Allie*

julquestions is offline New Member

Thank you for your reply. It is very helpful. It turns out that the obgyn did say it would be fine for me to take at such a low dose. 10 mg 2-4 times a month for anxiety. I thought that the obgyn had objected but it turns out that I was just in a quagmire of protocols for the nurse. My word of advise on any important issue, make sure you talk directly to your doctor, don't take the nurse's word as absolute.

Thanks again,
    J

jjroc is offline New Member

Question Inderal during pregnancy

Did any of who have taken inderal minimally during your pregnancy tell me about your experience and whether there were any adverse effects on your baby? Appreciate your thoughts.