I took Oxycontin while drinking? Yikes!
    kac0201 is offline New Member

Question I took Oxycontin while drinking? Yikes!

The other night my sister asked me if I would like a Percocet. What she handed me was a little brown and beige capsule with the imprints "0554" on one side and an "M 5mg". I asked her, are you sure this is a Percocet? She swore it was. I was a little uneasy about it but she has never given me anything bad, that would hurt me, or anything that she wasn't 100% sure what it is. I was confused because I have never seen Percocet in a capsule form. I took it. At that point I already had two rum and cokes. I drank two more rum and cokes and had a shot of tequila after that. This was all over a period of about 5-6 hours.
    I felt great. I felt like my head was clear as a bell, and I was very alert. My alcohol buzz kinda went away, and so did the dizziness that usually comes with being drunk. I just felt clear as a bell, like I was on cloud 9. Also, I woke up the next day extremely refreshed with NO HANGOVER!
    Well I decided to come on Drugs.com to check out the pill just out of curiosity. What I found is what I took was Oxycodone HCL.....OXYCONTIN?!?! I then went on to read how extremely bad it is to take with alcohol and how people DIE from mixing the two! I also did a google search and found horror stories about people dying at parties from taking Oxycodone and drinking. There was also a big artcle about it in my Sunday paper.
    Why did nothing happen to me? Why did I feel so good? If the interaction is as bad as it says, how come I didn't get sick...or DIE?
    I confronted my sister about it, she apologized and said that what I took is not Oxycontin. She also said she takes them and enjoys them with alcohol in moderation all the time. I also mentioned having no hangover and she said that's another reason she likes them. But this site says that pill IS OXYCONTIN! Whats up?

Cats Meow is offline Banned

You didn't take Oxycontin or Percocet, you actually took Oxycodone IR (immediate release), it's like Percocet but doesn't contain Acetaminophen, but has the same active ingredient as OC and Percocet (oxycodone), it was only 5mg that's why it didn't mess you up bad.

Ok thanks, I feel better. So are these safe to enjoy with a small amount of alcohol? Like say a glass of wine or two? I am not going to go eating pills and drinking everyday, don't get me wrong. I am just curious for an occasional purpose. I found that when I was on it it helped my anxiety alot. I could see it being a nice occasional thing to do, I get panic attacks ever so often. These little things are easier for me to obtain than xanax or valium.

Cats Meow is offline Banned

I'm not going to tell you it's safe, narcotics intensify the effects of alcohol. Alcohol is a natural antianxiety "drug", so that's not a good reason to take both. People usually find themselves all messed up when they combine the two, you may have just got lucky.

See, that's the thing. I never, ever, ever feel "messed up" in fact, I feel better. I won't lie, this isn't my first time mixing. I have enjoyed a few glasses of wine with a Vicodin, Percocet or a Valium. Whenever I mix, I feel great. I feel fine, not "messed up" or incoherent, or "wasted"...I feel good. I never have a hangover the next day either. It is something I want to do occasionaly....at the same time, I just want to make sure I am not going to die from having a 5 mg Oxycodone and a few glasses of wine. I can obtain these pretty easily, and it is a nice treat ever so often.

tammym02 is offline New Member

I know what you mean, by feeling good. I have taken norcos quite often while drinking. I feel like I actually got sobered up from them.

Charliez is offline Member

Just reading through & felt I wanted to say something . I have never ever been addicted to something I did not like.....Charlie
    Nothing surprises me