Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Anonymous
I can't get my Suboxone refill until Tuesday.
    Ryan9923 is offline New Member

Default I can't get my Suboxone refill until Tuesday.

I have been on Suboxone for over a year due to an OxyContin addiction which lasted more than four years. I am very happy to say that I have not taken any OxyContin since I began my Suboxone treatment. But over the past week I started feeling withdrawal symptoms while taking my normal dose of Suboxone, so I had to take more so that I could go to work, school, etc. and function normally. So of course, I ran out early, but I thought to myself "That's okay, I have a refill waiting at the pharmacy, I'll get it tomorrow." Well it turns out I have to wait until Tuesday to be able to get that refill. Great. I have some hydrocodone 10/325 that I was going to plan on using when my withdrawal set in. I know that the naloxone isn't actually blocking my opioid receptors, it's the buprenorphine itself. I know the buprenoprhine has a relatively long half-life, but if I wake up tomorrow morning feeling strong withdrawal symptoms, does that mean it's all out of my system and no longer blocking my receptors? I last took half of an 8mg Suboxone film at 7:30am today. It's now noon, and I feel fine, which is a relief because I have been feeling the strangely fast withdrawal symptoms lately. I'm not planning on using the hydrocodone until I am in full withdrawal mode, but once that happens will my receptors be unblocked?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan9923 View Post
    I have been on Suboxone for over a year due to an OxyContin addiction which lasted more than four years. I am very happy to say that I have not taken any OxyContin since I began my Suboxone treatment. But over the past week I started feeling withdrawal symptoms while taking my normal dose of Suboxone, so I had to take more so that I could go to work, school, etc. and function normally. So of course, I ran out early, but I thought to myself "That's okay, I have a refill waiting at the pharmacy, I'll get it tomorrow." Well it turns out I have to wait until Tuesday to be able to get that refill. Great. I have some hydrocodone 10/325 that I was going to plan on using when my withdrawal set in. I know that the naloxone isn't actually blocking my opioid receptors, it's the buprenorphine itself. I know the buprenoprhine has a relatively long half-life, but if I wake up tomorrow morning feeling strong withdrawal symptoms, does that mean it's all out of my system and no longer blocking my receptors? I last took half of an 8mg Suboxone film at 7:30am today. It's now noon, and I feel fine, which is a relief because I have been feeling the strangely fast withdrawal symptoms lately. I'm not planning on using the hydrocodone until I am in full withdrawal mode, but once that happens will my receptors be unblocked?
    Wow, I don't know alot about Suboxone, but I have never heard anyone taking it for a year to ease an addiction. Subs come with their own addiction risk as u know, but then again this could be normal for some detoxing from a powerful drug like Oxy. I do know one thing def. try to not go for that hydrocodone. That may only lead to more problems. I would have contacted your doctor about feeling ill like with withdrawals and u having to take more. I would have nipped that in the butt right away and asked your doctor before u began taking more what u should do. Maybe u were sick? Just be careful, and I hope things work out for u. There are ppl on here that know alot more about Subs than me. I know alot about meds from my degree but I am not an expert on subs, but going back to hydros even to prevent w/ds could put u in a potentially bad situation where u regress. Hope I am wrong, but again w/ds suck and I do understand. Plz be careful. Hopefully someone can help u on here or talk to your doctor. God Bless

Anonymous Guest

you should try to ride it out. subs will be in your system for days, and taking the hydros would be a waste..

and what are you doing with them in your possession anyway huh.?

i used subs for a year and 3 months, but i tapered down to .5 in a few months and stayed there for about 6 months, before tapering right down to zero...

i would have suggested you divvy up your remaining subs, to get you thru, but sounds like you have taken them anyway....

learning curve...? if you want to get off. taper 25% of your dose, only go down the way. never up. its possible. after a 4 year run on oxys, you have traded up addictions. give it a go at gettin off mate. i used for over 20 years, and am clean today. off subs for 10 months...

give it a whirl. you will be free....
    primetimegrape likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by cheekysod View Post
    you should try to ride it out. subs will be in your system for days, and taking the hydros would be a waste..

and what are you doing with them in your possession anyway huh.?

i used subs for a year and 3 months, but i tapered down to .5 in a few months and stayed there for about 6 months, before tapering right down to zero...

i would have suggested you divvy up your remaining subs, to get you thru, but sounds like you have taken them anyway....

learning curve...? if you want to get off. taper 25% of your dose, only go down the way. never up. its possible. after a 4 year run on oxys, you have traded up addictions. give it a go at gettin off mate. i used for over 20 years, and am clean today. off subs for 10 months...

give it a whirl. you will be free....
    Thank u Cheeky, u answered my ? on how long ppl can stay or are supposed to stay on Subs for. I had no idea the tapering process could take that long. I learned something new, but as I stated in my post, the hydros.... bad idea. Should not have those at all like u said. Thanks God Bless