hydrocodone/oxycodone synergy
    anonone17 is offline Junior Member

Default hydrocodone/oxycodone synergy

hey i was wondering if anyone knows if hydrocodone and oxycodone work well when taken together. Also are they safe to be taken together and would one cancel the other out. I am aware that there is somthing with codeine that it inhibits some kind of enzyme or pathway that makes it useless to take another dose soon after you've taken the first one is this the same with hydro and oxy? any help is greatly appriciated.
    Last edited by anonone17; 05-06-2007 at 01:46 PM.
    Thanks!

Davy Jones is offline New Member

Thumbs down New Member thinks the (nomorethan4) Smilie system is UNCOOL!

NEWBIE ALERT!!

Hello everyone! My name is Davy Jones and I am a Canadian eh! I am a brand new Member here. I hope to get along with y'all! Sometimes when I have a lot of Morphine happening, I like to play with the Smilies. Aww, this is when I just found out about your' 4 Smilie system. Could you please change this rule. I need my Smilies!!

Ok now, I have many questions but I'll just ask a few.

I take 90mg of M-ELSON a day for Pancreatitis issues. Is M-ELSON just a Canadian way of saying MS-CONTIN? Please don't judge me too harshly, but I crush my Morphine to powder and then snort it. It's been about two years I guess. Obviously snorting the powder releases it into the system quicker and I would think it does the same job of pain control as the long boring pill popping system eh? Please do tell me the harm I might be doing to my nasal canals.)

I think I read in one of these threads that taking Morphine and Tylenol might be a bad mix. How come as I do this all the time.

I was in the worst pain today with my Pancreas. I spent over 4 hours in a hospital bed as they were trying to give me comfort with their 5mg of Morphine here and their 5 mg of Morphine there. After maybe six of these I asked for samples of my Med I ran out of. I asked for MS-CONTIN and he gave me M-ELSON so they are obviously the same. Hey, I just answered one of my own questions, cool! Anyways, the Doc gave me eight 30mg M_ELSONs and I went home, pulled out my little crusher, picked up my empty pen holder, and then it was 30mg of Morphine here and 30 mg of Morphine there, ect... I finally got some decent control of the fire burning within. Tomorrow I am due for my weekly prescription from my Family Doctor, so I guess it will be all right. I see him weekly at my own request as it is easier for me to manage my pills this way. I don't know if my Doc is going to raise the dose or what he's going to do, as my pain has gotten much worse. I called 9:30PM last night and told him about it. Tee Hee

See, 6 days ago I had surgery to drain a 4 inch by 4 inch cyst growing out of my Pancreas. They went down my throat with a 3/4 inch black tube which was a scanner, and somehow they also got a tube with a needle down into my stomach. They gave me the drugs to put me asleep but I stayed wide awake. They continued to give me more, as much as they safely could, but I sware, I didn't even get tired. I had to go through the procedure wide awake, they said I did really good however. They were quite shocked as no one has ever stayed conscience after the drugging before.

There is something else that I want to share. My Doctor will not allow me to go on Welbutrim but insists that I take Effexor. He doesn't want to mix the two as he thinks it POSSIBLY could be harmful. I have had other Doctors before this one and I know that the Welbutrin works great for my ADHD. (The Dexedrin caused me to stay up for 5-6 days and act aggressive, and the Ritalin, well, let's not go there.) Ok, my crime is that I see another Doctor for my Welbutrin. It mixes well with the Effexor, and it is an awesome non-addictive ADHD medicine. I've been doing this for years now. I know they say self medicating is not a good thing to do, but in my case, it has been very positive. I'm not legally doing anything wrong am eh? I mean it's just Antidepressants.

I'll will stop now as I know how overly long posts can be annoying. Thank you all for your time

Davy Jones

Davy Jones is offline New Member

Default Please Help Me Here If You Can!

Hi everyone! Nuts, I thought I would get a lot of replies with info to help me with the post I made just above. I would sure appreciate advice/info if anyone could help.

Thanks

Davy Jones

Quote Originally Posted by Davy Jones View Post
    Hi everyone! Nuts, I thought I would get a lot of replies with info to help me with the post I made just above. I would sure appreciate advice/info if anyone could help.

Thanks

Davy Jones

You might want to start your own thread. People usually read the first post and reply to the original poster and it goes from there.