Hydrocodone Capsules
    AltaMan is offline New Member

Default Hydrocodone Capsules

I've been using Hydrocodone 10/325 tablets for awhile. I usually split them in half because I don't need that much at once.
    But the pharmacy was out of the normal tablets and sent me 15/100 capsules. Obviously these can't be split in half. And I was wondering if it's okay to open up the capsule and ingest half the powder?

I don't think they are time released, so I don't see anything wrong with doing that?

Thanks for any feedback!

Cats Meow is offline Banned

There are no hydrocodone 15/100mg caps, unless it's a specially compounded Rx, what's your imprint code? There's no hydrocodone CR's on the market. Yes, it's okay to take them that way, many people have difficulty swallowing pills, so they're told to pour them out into food.
    All the Hydro caps that I'm aware of are 5/500mgs, I'm interested in your imprint/color, please reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Cats Meow View Post
    There are no hydrocodone 15/100mg caps, unless it's a specially compounded Rx, what's your imprint code? There's no hydrocodone CR's on the market. Yes, it's okay to take them that way, many people have difficulty swallowing pills, so they're told to pour them out into food.
    All the Hydro caps that I'm aware of are 5/500mgs, I'm interested in your imprint/color, please reply.

There is no imprint code. They are blue and pink capsules. I got them from the online pharmacy I've been using for a year now.
    I've taken one so far, I'm still alive and my back feels a lot better, so I guess they're okay.

They're probably bogus, I say that since there are no 15/100's. A 15mg would change the drug scheduling to a schedule 2. Sorry, but you're probably getting a placebo effect.
    Last edited by Cats Meow; 08-09-2007 at 10:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cats Meow View Post
    They're probably bogus, I say that since there are no 15/100's. A 15mg would change the drug scheduling to a schedule 2. Sorry, but you'll probably getting a placebo effect.
    Well I guess it's possible, but I'm getting the "jittery then tired" effect that I usually get with hydrocodone. It feels pretty real to me.
    And as you originally stated, it's probably a specially compounded Rx.

Here's the original email I got from the online pharmacy. As I said, they seem to be pretty legit, I've been with them for a year:

As you may already know the DEA has put restrictions on how much of your
    type of medication the pharmacy may receive each month. Due to the back log
    of orders they had for the month of July they are out already for the month
    of August. We are offering patients the option of changing to a compound in
    the strength of 10/200 or 15/100 or 15/200 provided the physician agrees or
    a pro rated discount on a direct script with our other physician that will
    be phoned into your local pharmacy. Please let us know asap which you would
    like to do and we will take care if it as quick as possible. Please keep in
    mind that the pharmacy still must have hard copy and they will be shipped
    the day after we request the change provided it is before noon.

mpvt is offline Platinum Member

You've been ripped off.Alot of these bogus opiates are coming from china.My methadone doctor showed me an 80mg oxycontin that was actually talcom powder and it was from china.Addicts in Oshawa were trying to inject these pills and they were being sent to the er were my doctor works twice a week.So be careful and get your meds from your own doctor.If you have an addiction problem then maybe it's time to address that......Dave

SiestaKeys is offline Junior Member

My gosh people, so quick to react without an informed judgement. There are 15/100 as well as 10/80(green), 12.5/80(gray) and 15/80(pinkish red or blue) caps. Special pharmacies purchase the raw form mixed with 80 or 100mg tylenol and make the caps themselves. I have been getting these from 2 different pharms over the last 2 yrs. One pharm had pink 15/80s and the other had blue 15s. Dr's that use these pharms are almost always pain mgmt Dr's and prescribe these caps for long-term pain mgmt due to low tylenol. I know Dr's that havent even heard of such a thing. Oh and these pharms also compound oxycodone as well as many other meds. They can even combine a few drugs into one pill.
    And yes you can split them. I buy cheap vitamins/herbal pills that come in capsules and empty some so I can split my hydro caps when needed.

I know there's compounded hydro caps, I mentioned it above. The problem I see with this on-line pharm script is the substitution to a compound of higher dosage, I'm sorry, but I've never heard a pharmacy say "sorry, we are out of 5's here take a 10" and what physician is going to auth. a bump because the pharm is "out of stock". It costs more to compound pills, labor alone, plus base ingredients. And I do believe per FDA/DEA rule 15mg hydro, especially under 100mg apap is technically a schedule 2, these aren't suppose to be sent in the mail.
    Anybody buying these from overseas pharms had better caveat emptor, it smells rotten to me.

SiestaKeys is offline Junior Member

Per FDA/DEA regulations, as long as tylenol is combined with hydrocodone, it is sch III. Otherwise many Dr's and two pharms in FL would have been shut down that produce compound hydro w/80mg apap. I just remembered that 15mg IS the largest single dose per fed regulations. They arent "online pharms" but they do mail the meds when requested and according to federal guidelines. They mail the meds because it is a long drive for most people/Dr's that use them and when someone is on vacation, which I like much more than having to ask for a refill early due to a vacation/trip.
    And anyone should be pesimistic when ordering something like hydrocodone online and even in brick & mortar pharms. In FL, they just passed a law requiring labels indentifying the manufacturer and wholesaler(who sells to pharms) because MANY pharms have received >>>> pills.

Kellyalittlesexy is offline Junior Member

I have never heard of Hydrocodone capsules that is interesting, if I were you I would call your doctor and ask if it is extended release or if you can break the capsule and just take half. Sorry I can't really help you, but this post caught my eye and thought that was different. Call your doctor or pharmacist I think is the best thing to do.