"how much/many"(mg of lortab) ,could a 220 lb male
    T67
    T67 is offline Junior Member

Default "how much/many"(mg of lortab) ,could a 220 lb male

take(maximum) without over doing it,for an absest tooth?? thanks.

lefty is offline Member

Dosages for Lortab as follows:

The usual adult dosage for Lortab® 2.5/500 tablets is one or two tablets every four to six hours as needed for pain. The total daily dosage should not exceed 8 tablets.

The usual adult dosage for Lortab® 5/500 tablets is one or two tablets every four to six hours as needed for pain. The total daily dosage should not exceed 8 tablets.

The usual adult dosage for Lortab® 7.5/500 tablets is one tablet every four to six hours as needed for pain. The total daily dosage should not exceed 6 tablets.

The usual adult dosage for Lortab® 10/500 tablets is one tablet every four to six hours as needed for pain. The total daily dosage should not exceed 6 tablets.

T67

So taking two 10 mg tabs at once (in unbearable pain) is not a good idea?..........I already did it ,(last night one was not enough) so I guess I want do it again.....It sure did the job though. Thanks for your info.

T67

I just read my last post and It sounded like I was being "smart", when I really am thankfull for the info

JenPop26 is offline New Member

you can take 2 lortabs at once for extreme pain..i have..you dont want to do it all the time, but once in awhile its needed..just be careful because it is addicting..its another form of vicadin..but i hope your toothache is better, they definitely hurt!!!!!

Jennifer

shannon1 is offline New Member

Hi, I been taking Lortab 10/500 since 1997 for migraines. And my nero said that if I didn't wanna go to the hospital for a shot that I could take two of them. But I had to eat alot and still felt nauseas. But I've only done that 3 times since I've been on them. But just be careful that you aren't doing that everyday, because they are addicting and the tylenol will damage your liver and kidney. Hope your tooth feels better Been there

Shannon

Phospheros is offline Junior Member

My understanding is...The ceiling on this drug has more to do with Tylenol content than with Hydrocodone content. The biggest limiter is staying under 4 grams a day of tylenol. While it's possible you could get respiratory depression at higher doses, if you are truly in bad enough pain the bodies own defense mechanism protects against this. You might find the side effects become intolerable though.

When I was still using Norco 10/325 to manage my pain I had to take 1 1/2 to 2 of them every morning to get it under control, after that I could take 1 every 4-5 hours and be fine. It's easier to keep pain under control than to get it back down once it has gotten out of control. You may find the same thing applies in your situation. Been there with tooth pain. I hope your doctor gave you some good antibiotics to use till you can get in to see him.

Are you numb yet? No. AARRGGGGGHH! I told you I wasn't numb! Sorry, I didn't believe you.