How many milligrams of Lorazepam is equal to 4mg of Klonopin?
    Ronnie333 is offline New Member

Default How many milligrams of Lorazepam is equal to 4mg of Klonopin?

Hello, I am prescribed to four 1mg Klonopin tablets per day. My pharmacy is unable to refill my prescription until Friday, which will in turn leave me one day without my Klonopin. My mother is prescribed 0.5mg of Lorazepam, which she never takes (only in rare and extreme occasions). To avoid withdrawal symptoms, I plan to take her Lorazepam for the day I will be without my Klonopin. However, I know Lorazepam is a different medication and much faster-acting. I do not want to take too much. I am afraid of blacking out or acting in an irrational manner, whereas I never have this problem with my Klonopin. So my question is how many milligrams of Lorazepam is equal to 4mg of Klonopin? Thank you so much!

Nonyuh is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ronnie333 View Post
    Hello, I am prescribed to four 1mg Klonopin tablets per day. My pharmacy is unable to refill my prescription until Friday, which will in turn leave me one day without my Klonopin. My mother is prescribed 0.5mg of Lorazepam, which she never takes (only in rare and extreme occasions). To avoid withdrawal symptoms, I plan to take her Lorazepam for the day I will be without my Klonopin. However, I know Lorazepam is a different medication and much faster-acting. I do not want to take too much. I am afraid of blacking out or acting in an irrational manner, whereas I never have this problem with my Klonopin. So my question is how many milligrams of Lorazepam is equal to 4mg of Klonopin? Thank you so much!
    It is illegal to take someone else's prescription medication that wasn't given to you by a healthcare provider. Secondly I think it would be unethical to help someone do something like that. There is probably a reason the pharmacy won't fill your medication before friday (are you taking more then is prescribed?!?).

Taking your moms (controlled) medication would be illiegal, unethical, and in my mind considered stealing. I don't think you should do it.

abg123 is offline New Member

I have had klonopin, valium, and ativan all prescribed to me recently and i can tell you that i have had very different reactions to each of them- even a low dosage of klonopin completely knocks me out and keeps me drowsy for nearly 24 hours so i dont take it anymore - just for example. i have tried all of these medications in different dosages (under the guidance of my doctor) and can't even think of how they are equal to one another. these drugs are not equivalent to each other just because they are in the same family and you really should NOT be taking someone elses medication for legal reasons but in my opinion primarily for your health.

if it's really only a one day gap, and i dont know what your being treated for but just 1 day will not necessarily give you withdrawl symptoms- it's safer to risk it. read the information on the prescription where it talks about missed dosages. if you are really worried about not being able to function w/o something, please call your doctor and see what s/he recommends - im sure your doc can call your pharmacy and prescribe you something that is right for you that your pharmacy will have to tide you over.

PeterRabbit2 is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ronnie333 View Post
    I know this response is past-date but the half life of Klonopin should enable (no pun intended) you one day away from it without undue stress. But you already know that.

PS: Do not steal from someone else's pill bottle. That is not only illegal, it's presumptuous and rude.
    Last edited by PeterRabbit2; 05-16-2010 at 10:09 PM.
    Peter