how long till your dependent on soboxon?
    b429 is offline New Member

Default how long till your dependent on soboxon?

I have taken soboxon for 6 days straight. About 4-6 mg a day. I was wondering if i am addicted to it yet. I have heard how bad the withdraws are on sobox and im kinda worried. I think i would rather withdraw from the pains pills which is the reason for all this. Actually I took soboxon for 6 days and then took pills for 3 days straight. If i stop now, which one will i w/d from?

Anonymous Guest

Quote Originally Posted by b429 View Post
    I have taken soboxon for 6 days straight. About 4-6 mg a day. I was wondering if i am addicted to it yet. I have heard how bad the withdraws are on sobox and im kinda worried. I think i would rather withdraw from the pains pills which is the reason for all this. Actually I took soboxon for 6 days and then took pills for 3 days straight. If i stop now, which one will i w/d from?
    you may have a slight discomfort but I dont think it would be anything you cant handle...but I would stop know or you will really get yourself in trouble.
    Let us know how it goes, Melinda

nancy52 is offline Junior Member

How long were you addicted to pills before you started the suboxone. I would think the w/d would be from pills if you were taking them for any length of time. There are ways to w/d off pills with less discomfort. Look up the Thomas Recipe to make w/d easier. You can do it.

Cats Meow is offline Diamond Member

Yeah, you need to give us a lot more info first, what you took and for how long, then we can help advise you.

b429 is offline New Member

Before i started soboxon i was on pain pills everday for over 2 years. Percocet was my drug of choice but i would do what i could get. I figured after almost a week of sobox the pain pills would be out my system unless it doesnt work like that. I really wanna quit but withdrawals are my biggest fear and ive heard how bad and long the sobox are so i would rather deal with it for a hand full of days. I know 6 days isnt alot compared to most people on sobox but i figured its close to the time it takes to be dependant. Soboxon was great and i thought it was a miracle drug but i didnt have all the info. I assumed it would mask the opiate w/d and when i stopped the sobox >> be fine. Just wanted to give more info. I figured the pills were out my system, do you guys.

Cats Meow is offline Diamond Member

Default b429

Dependency is really a moot point since you were already dependant and Suboxone is an opioid itself. No, it doesn't work the way you thought. To taper off sub you should titrate down 25% every four days, accuracy is important since you'll be microdosing soon. read Robert's sticky here, as he's our resident Sub expert.
    http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-...apy-50887.html