How long does Suboxone block opiates?
    vicoDan is offline New Member

Default How long does Suboxone block opiates?

I looked up other related threads but none of them really answered my question. If you know the answer i would really appreciate some help. I tried taking some Suboxone for pain because I ran out of my vicodins, and now that I have some vicodin I am afraid it wont work because of the suboxone. I only took about 5mg of suboxone two days ago and I am wondering how long I should wait before I try using the vicodins again to get rid of the pain. I would rather not waste the vikes if they arent going to work. Can anyone help me??

mpvt is offline Platinum Member

Buprenorphene (suboxone,subutex) has a half-life of a minimum 72 hrs so you can try anytime now.Next time don't take suboxone or any other drug that isn't prescribed to you.......Dave

sarakennedybirch is offline New Member

I am in the same boat as you - I stopped Suboxone (4 mg) two days ago and STILL can't feel the effects of my painkillers

jesse44446 is offline New Member

Exclamation My Experience with Suboxone and a Slip thus far!!

I am currently prescribed Suboxone Sublingual Film, and my dose is one 8mg/2mg strip once a day. I've been on the Suboxone going on 3 months now, and it's been a wonderful 3 months for me so far.. Before I decided to seek treatment, I was taking heavy narcotics, such as, 40mg of Opana, normally three times a day. I've also used >>>>>>e allot through IV in my past, but always found myself going back to Opana after a few rehabs. After my second rehab, I haven’t went back to >>>>>>e use since after being diagnosed with Hepatitis C. Each relapse following my second rehab was with Opana. I guess I haven't gone back to >>>>>>e because of the fact that I've already caught one illness from IV; I don't want to risk another. Anyways three months ago I got out of rehab and have been doing great, until I woke up this morning. I woke up around 11:30am and when I was fully awake I then taken my 8mg/2mg dose of Suboxone around Noon. I absolutely didn't see this coming, I went to rearrange my room late this evening and in the middle of doing so, underneath my computer desk I came upon a 40mg of Opana, WOW!!, my mind then INSTANTLY began to race, it was as if the 40mg Opana was talking to me, it was soooo intense, that instead of thinking rationally and calling my support group before I acted on doing the Opana,, it didn't cross my mind to do so. I then took the 40mg Opana into the bathroom away from my family, crushed it up and snorted it up my nose. Even know I’ve taken my dose of Suboxone already today, I instantly felt the buzz start to kick in. At this point it's been approx. 12 hours since my daily dose of Suboxone. I did feel the Opana work, but it wasn't as intense, but it was enough for me to feel euphoria. The euphoria had lasted approx 10-15 minutes, then the feeling faded away, so from what I had experienced was that YES the Suboxone was still active and doing it's job, but it DIDN'T instantly block out the Euphoria right away, and I’m not experiencing any withdrawal symptoms at all. This has been the first time that I’ve slipped while taking the Suboxone. Another thing I’ve experienced and what I’m still experiencing at this present moment is extreme GUILT. I'm in a way glad that I feel guilt because it's a sign to me that I care and still want to keep on the path of recovery. Hopefully this is only a slip that doesn't turn into a full blown relapse. It’s scary to know that things like this can come out of nowhere so powerful, that it totally took over my rational thinking and I was definitely POWERLESS. I really don't know how to be more prepared if another situation like this ever comes up again, and I’m sure something will come up again. I'm currently working through the steps but I just started working them. Hopefully after working them I can handle the situation better WHEN another arises. This has been My Experience, in hopes to have touched some people by it. I wish everyone luck to those who take recovery and Suboxone treatment seriously. Suboxone has been a miracle for me, and even know I had some euphoria, it DID do its job and eventually blocked it out.