Getting teeth pulled while On Suboxone?
    crazybaglady is offline New Member

Default Getting teeth pulled while On Suboxone?

I'm currently on Suboxone and I am going to be getting put under to get some teeth pulled.
    I asked my doctor to switch me to Subutex ( I had been on subutex before ), but, I guess my insurance will no longer pay for subutex unless I am pregnant and I'm not.
    I had kind of been under the impression that the blocker in Suboxone wouldn't allow me to be put under but, my doctor assured me that it's perfectly safe and he also said it was safe to take vicodin for the pain afterward but that I may have to take extra.
    I guess, I'm just kind of worried. I've always been scared to be put under anyway and now this just makes me even more nervous. I guess, I get scared that I won't wake up.

Has anyone else been put under while on Suboxone? Does the suboxone have any effect AT all in getting put under?

Thank you!!

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Haven't been put under while on subs but I've sure had some teeth pulled. Did three back teeth a couple months ago. I decided against taking pain pills as I didn't want to risk my recovery. That's an individual choice but it wasn't worth it to me. Pain from getting teeth pulled only lasts like a day or so then it's gone. Lots of people just use ibuprofen. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

crazybaglady is offline New Member

Thanks for your reply!

I've definately had my share of teeth pulled also but, this will be my first time going under while on Suboxone so, I'm a little worried.
    I'm not worried about the pain afterward, I'm just worried that the suboxone will interfer with the anestesia. I know this time will be a little more painful than the other times I've had teeth pulled because, these are 2 teeth that I had a root canal on and they broke off up to the gum line and are infected but, I think I can take tylenol or ibuprofen for the pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_325 View Post
    Haven't been put under while on subs but I've sure had some teeth pulled. Did three back teeth a couple months ago. I decided against taking pain pills as I didn't want to risk my recovery. That's an individual choice but it wasn't worth it to me. Pain from getting teeth pulled only lasts like a day or so then it's gone. Lots of people just use ibuprofen. God bless.

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Sorry I misunderstood the question. How much suboxone do you take each day?
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

peter force is offline New Member

i wouldnt take anything in any opiate family ..VICODIN or else ...unless it was stronger and had a higher celing then SUBUTEX...i habve to have 15 teeth pulled and im building a supply of N2O ...besides that im just gonna suck it up ..take mad klons...take my subutex{which does work for pain}...and put my big boy pants on and do it! i have had 6 teeth out before woth nothing ...i was 100% clean and didnt want to mess p clean time... and iit killed for one night.