Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By aa276827
Effexor
    deniselrice is offline New Member

Default Effexor

I just recently had an accident and was taken tothe hospital. Of course they asked if I was drinking or doing any drugs. No, I was not. One of my tests came back positive for PCP in my system. I told them that wasn't possible beause I've never done the stuff or even seen it. I take 225 mg. of effexor. I asked around and my counselor told me that sometimes Effexor will show up as PCP on a drug test. Does anyone have any other information or has had a similar experience? Do you know where I might find out any informaiton about this? I would greatly appreciate any help. The police said they are agoing to charge me with DUI (b/c I was honest and also told them that I had taken 2 Vicoden earlier in the day that I had gotten from a friend. I did not have a sript for them at the time of the wreck). I would appreciate any info anybody might have.

Batgirl is offline New Member

I recommend not taking narcotics and effexor together unless your doctor has advised it, and not driving at any point that day/evening. Dizziness, confusion, drowsiness, blurred vision, fainting and loss of concentration are increased risks when both are taken. Since they can come up very suddenly, driving is risky even if you feel fine when you get behind the wheel.

deniselrice is offline New Member

In reply to my message about my drug test at the hospital coming up positive for PCP. I take an anti-depressant, called Effexor, which will show up false positives for PCP. So the situation has been resolved. I also realize that an individual shouldn't get behind the wheel if there are any drugs or alcohol in your system. I take Effexor on a daily basis, as do many others. It isn't a drug that affects your senses, etc. It is not an illegal drug if you have a prescription for it. Some of us have to take prescription medications as well as drive. Thanks for your advice.

aa276827 is offline New Member

Thumbs up Effexor PCP

I work as a drug tester daily. It used to be we never, I mean NEVER, got positive PCP results but we routinely screen for it. Now we are seeing frequent positives. Since PCP is not a frequently used or abused drug this seemed odd. Turns out as Effexor use has increased so has PCP positive test results. YES effexor WILL make you test positive, and if you are doing an "instant" test there is no way to specify that you are on an RX. Beware of this. So long as it is a valid RX you should be fine. But bottom line....Effexor will cause you to test positive
    Vinicia1 likes this.