drug testing
    powell is offline New Member

Default drug testing

I had numerous knee surgeries in the past and had vicodin at my house. Last thursday i took 2 because of the pain and was drug tested on tuesday for my job. Can anyone tell me the halflife or how long it can show positive in your urine.

RoC1909 is offline Member

Hi,

I think it gets expelled from the body fairly quickly (or so I have read). Maybe UP TO a week and possibly sooner. Maybe a doctor or someone of more intimate knowledge can shed some light on this.

I also had a urinalysis for a job and I mentioned that I was on narcotics and that is exactly what they were looking for EXCEPT, "their version" of narcotics were the type you smoke.

I would imagine detection depends on the depth of the test. I also think that if you had a prescription for the narcotics and the employer found that you were on them by testing positive, they may look "the other way" since it is considered a "legal drug" but can be construed as "illegal" in the way that a person uses it. I can see how a employer might not want a person taking narcotics working for them BUT, a person is entitled to a certain "quality of life" and if that means taking narcotics in order to endure the day, i'm all for it. I have/had a HUGE Norco addiction and no one was any wiser when I was "high as a kite".

All depends on the employer and in my case, they had no idea about them.

Best of luck.

J

painkill33 is offline New Member

Depends on your rate of metabolism and tolerance and the amount of water you drink before you go in. The more water the better because water can dilute your urine specimen and cover-up small amounts of the drug if it is still in your urine. I know someone who has taken 2 7.5 mg Vicodins 2 days before and passed and I also know someone who took 2 10 mg Lortabs about 18 hours before and failed. 4 days should be thre maximum number of days it stays in your urine if your metabolism is fairly quick and you don't have alot of fat cells. Thursday to Tuesday you should have passed...with a D+!

Micki n Harley is offline New Member

Chromatography is a fairly precise science. What I mean is, the method used to analyze urine shows "peaks" on a chart to confirm the presence of certain chemicals. If it's a prescription, no worries. They will be able to see that. Just fill out your form stating that you've taken it.