Drug Test->>>>>>e/ Oxys show positive as an OPiate???
    theBambino1004 is offline New Member

Default Drug Test->>>>>>e/ Oxys show positive as an OPiate???

For that basic drug test that you place a five Category(Opiates, THC, Amphetamines, Meth-Amphetamines, and Cocaine) stick in your urine to test for those five categories of drugs does 1)>>>>>>e show positive as an Opiate and how long before taking the test will I show positive(1 day, 2 day, etc.,). 2)Also, what about Oxycontin 80mgs. For example, if I was to take just 1 80 mg Oxycontin the day before or the day of the test will it show positive,3)and what about Oxycodone 30 mg. I was tested last month from my doctor. I did between 2-4 Oxycontin Starting five days before and stopping a little less than 48 hours before the test and the test came up negative. 4)Lastly, I think and been told by a few people that the Percocet 10 mg pills do not even show up positive. I need my test to show positive.

Ariesfire27 is offline Junior Member

Hi, I am surprised the oxy's didn't show up, and can't help thinking if you didn't want them to, they would have! I know of people who have taken a 40mg oxy 3-4 days prior & had that show up. Usually any kind of opiate is detectable, so I am stumped!

Cats Meow is offline Diamond Member

>>>>>> test positive in urine for 1-4 days, >>>>>> breaks down into codeine and morphine, testing positive for morpine could indicate >>>>>> use.
    Percocet is oxycodone, so of course it shows positive.
    Oxy will test positive in urine for 3-4 days, but oxycodone isn't always tested for. It doesn't matter if you took an 80 or a 5, you will still test positive.

Erowid will answer most of your other drug testing Q's.
    http://www.erowid.org/psychoactives/.../testing.shtml

dustin4338 is offline New Member

there are different drug tests. there is a 5 panel, a 9 panel, and a 12 panel.

5 Panel:
    Amphetamines
    Cocaine
    Opiates
    PCP
    THC

9 Panel:
    The 5 Panel tests plus:
    Barbiturates
    Benozodiazepines
    Methadone
    Propoxyphene

*12 Panel:
    The 9 panel test, plus:
    Ecstasy
    Oxycodone
    Buprenorphine
    ------
    doctors offices usually use the 5 panel.
    you usually won't test positive for oxy unless they give you the 12 panel, which they have to pay extra for. so, most places usually only give the 5 and 9 panel tests. oxy doesn't show up as an opiate. oxycontin is an opioid. it's a derivative of the opium poppy. sometimes though, it oxy can test a false positive for opiates.
    -----
    What is the difference between an opiate and an opioid?

The word opiate is used in a variety of contexts, but can generally be interchanged with the word opioid. According to some sources, the word opiate can be used to describe natural and synthetic drugs which produce the characteristic opiate effects. Other people differentiate between the words opiate and opioid. This interpretation classifies all the naturally occurring substances from the poppy plant as opiates, granted they fit the classification for effects. An opioid is interpreted as a semi-synthetic or synthetic substance derived from or resembling the substances in the poppy plant or endogenous opioids, which are neurotransmitters in the brain. (Note: For the remainder of "Opiate Basics" the words, opioid and opiate, will be used interchangeably.)

SO, TAKE AWAY THE POPPYCOCK AND YOU HAVE...

— Opioids include all semi- and fully synthetic narcotic analgesics (e.g. oxycodone, methadone), and also refers to the entire family of opiates and opioids.
    — The word opiate describes narcotic analgesics derived from a natural source (e.g. morphine and codeine).

cherry14 is offline Member

I guess I'm unsure on the in's and out's of particular tests. What is the test for...if you're saying it has to show up, then I'm assuming it's for a pain clinic? I had one unfortunate month that I did run out a little early on my breakthrough meds, because of a bad/unexpected week two weeks prior to my refill appt (I try very hard not to let that happen, but admit that this time, it did). I managed to keep a couple, because I figured that because that was the month I screwed up, that was the month I'd get tested (sure enough). I had 2 left (of oxycodone immediate release), took one the day before, one the morning of...and they told me my test came back fine. They're the strength of 3 percocet, so yes, percs WILL show up. I have to believe any strength of oxycontin will show up too.

The worry was MORE than enough to keep me diligent from here on out on taking them on schedule, whether they're working well enough or not, on a particular day. Don't want to go through that again.

Can't speak for the >>>>>>, have no idea on that one.

I do see on the forms for the tests my clinic uses that they can test for everything....oxycodone, morphine, fentanyl, hydrocodone, dilaudid, even tramadol. I'm not sure if they RUN the tests on every med or just on what you're taking, but they DO have the ability.