Cortisone Injections
    CKettenhofen is offline New Member

Question Cortisone Injections

Has anyone ever experienced a headache and nausea/vomiting after getting a cortisone injection? Thanks!

Elzbita is offline New Member

This condition varies man to man but so far as my experience still not cope with such injection actually this thing depends upon the sensitivity of the patients.

OldsMan is offline New Member

Hey CK. I have also experienced severe headaches and nausea from corticosteroid injections. Also was hospitalized for pancreatitis( extreme nausea and abdominal pain) three times before my wife learned that about every 1 in 1000 people that get steroid injections can have a severe(allergic ?) reaction. They called it Steroid Induced Pancreatitis. Unfortunately doctors tend to not believe alcohol isn't involved since it's the primary cause of pancreatitis. I don't drink but that was very difficult to get doctors to believe. In my case after a week of tests each time and nothing by mouth (food or water) only IV fluids. I was sent home with an Irritable Bowel Syndrome diagnosis and they didn't put the steroid-pancreas problem together until it was mentioned by my wife. I don't have IBS thank goodness and I don't get steroid injections either. Good luck and like my father likes to say "that's why they call it a practice".

litchi123 is offline Junior Member

Cortisone injections may be utilized to take care of the inflammation of little areas of the body (local injections), or they may be utilized to take care of inflammation that's common throughout the body (systemic injections). Types of illnesses for which local cortisone injections are used include redness of the bursa (bursitis of the hip, knee, elbow, or shoulder), a tendon (tendonitis), and a joint (arthritis). Knee arthritis, hip bursitis, painful foot conditions including plantar fasciitis, rotator cuff tendinitis, and a number of other conditions may be treated with cortisone injections.