CLONIDINE AND CHILDREN
    neverfall is offline New Member

Default CLONIDINE AND CHILDREN

PSYCOLOGIST PRESCRIBED 9YR OLD CHILD CLONIDINE TO HELP RELAX HER AND MAKE HER SLEEP, HE ALSO GAVE THE CHILD ABILIFY. BEFORE HE GAVE THIS MEDICATION HE HAD CHILD ON ZOLOFT. CAN KIDS THAT YOUNG TAKE IT? IS THIS SAFE FOR CHILD? IF YOU HAVE ANY INFORMATION ON THIS PLEASE RESPOND.
    VERY CONCERNED,

DANI

psisci is offline Junior Member

Clonidine is used normally for aggressive behavior, and impulse control disorders in kids, and is relatively safe if it is not DC'd suddenly. Abilify is a 3rd generation antipsychotic and I cannot think of any reason outside schizophrenia that someone would prescribe that for a child. Ask alot of questions!

Dr.S.

questions like what would be the best to ask? my daughter never has shown any symptoms of skit so i'm not even sure what to ask.
    thankyou for your reply dani

psisci is offline Junior Member

Questions like: Why this medication, what are hoping to help, how does it work, what are the side effects, is this dangerous?? Etc...

Dr.S.

lane413 is offline Member

I was given clonidine to help with blood pressure. I was told it can slow you down. I didn't know it was for psychological things also. My endo told me not to fill the clonidine prescription so i never used it . Thank goodness.

Dr.S,
    Thankyou once again for your response,I have tried to contact the Doctor and he will not return my phone calls, or any letters that I have sent to him. I also have tried to look him up on the web to see if he has the proper qulifications and cannot seem to locate him anywhere!!! this really concerns me. Now my daughter now wants nothing to do with me and suddenly recalls horrific stories of abuse that I was suppose to have done, when there has never been an issuse until she went to her fathers for a 2 month visit over the summer, My daughter is A MESS and the Dr. cannnot possibly be helping her to cope if she is drugged up and leading her to belive that these"memories" are real. Right?