Can I take Tramadol and Flexeril at the same time?
    heatherbelly is offline New Member

Default Can I take Tramadol and Flexeril at the same time?

I took 15 mg of Flexeril for back/neck pain. But my muscles are so tight that when my doctor took an x-ray of my back, my muscles had pulled the natural curve of my neck to a straight vertical line, and much the same with my lower back.

So here I am with a ridiculous headache, and the Flexeril isn't loosening anything in my back, so it just keeps getting worse. I have some Tramadol, I want to say they're 50 mg, and I was wondering if I could take one or not. I took the Flexeril about two hours ago (and am supposed to take them up to 3 times a day, but I don't usually).

Anyone have any experience with this? I don't want to slow my heart down too much or something. I'm not looking to get high either-- I really just need to be able to open my eyes without squinting from pain, or fall asleep before I have to be at work again at 4 pm, for a 12 hour shift.

mpvt is offline Platinum Member

You have some serious muscle spasm going on and you would be wise to take the flexeril as it's directed.Also you should be taking the tramdol as directed at least until the pain settles down.Your not helping matters by not taking the meds the doctor gave you.You will get relief once you start taking the meds properly.Good luck and I hope you feel better soon,nothing worse then back spasms.....Dave

P.S. You can take the flexeril and tramadol together without any worry's or problems......Dave

heatherbelly is offline New Member

i wish i could take the flexeril 3 times a day, but it interferes with my reaction time, and i manage a very large, fast-paced bar. it makes for a rough night if my mind can't keep up with my surroundings.

the tramadol is from awhile ago, before i was prescribed the flexeril, so my doctor didn't prescribe them both at the same time. i've heard that you're not supposed to take tramadol at the same time as muscle relaxers, but i didn't know if it was relevant when i'm only taking 10-15 mg of flexeril.

SkyKing2 is offline New Member

Default Flexeril(Cyclobenzaprine) & Tramadol

Cyclobenzaprine(flexeril) is contra-indicated when used in conjunction with Tramadol! It's clearly listed on their website as an increased risk of inducing seizure's and convulsions!

BeavisMom62 is offline Member

I agree with the potential for seizures, but that is really a rare occurrance. It would be more of a worry with excessive use of tramadol, using it in conjunction with alcohol or if you already have a history of seizures. Also, in your case, I would also add an anti-inflammatory ie ibuprofen, naproxen something like that. It should help a little.

I also have no natural curve in my neck. I've been in a few MVA's and had an abusive ex. I feel your pain, literally. Hope you feel better soon.