Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By zippysgoddess
Bupranorphine and klonapins (any Benzodiazapam)
    warmjet is offline New Member

Default Bupranorphine and klonapins (any Benzodiazapam)

I heard it's bad news to mix these two? true? or can I get some relief
    while taking the bupra. ?
    I've heard deathcan occur? From the doctor , of course ( a bup. doctor with an agenda)
    HELP

mpvt is offline Platinum Member

Yes these two classes of drugs when mixed can be deadly.As long as the doctor prescribing is aware of everything your taking then you should be ok just take them as prescribed.All to often I have seen a person who is on opiate painkillers take a couple of benzo's a friend gave them because they were having trouble sleeping.The go into respitory failure after they fall asleep and can't wake up.They essentially suffocaate in their sleep.So unless your doctor order's the two together you should never mix the two it's just to risky......Dave

ScorpF4 is offline Member

anyways someone who is taking opiates will more then likley just take more opiates to fall asleep b4 they take any benzo's! ; )

zippysgoddess is offline Platinum Member

Scorp is right, the opiates can serve the same effect without having to mix them with something else.

Though for some people, the effect can be the opposite, I have that problem, If I accidentally forget what time I took my meds and take them too close together, I get a totally wired effect and am wide awake for a long time, until it wears off.

My body chemistry is just funny that way. I do the same thing with NyQuil and various other meds that should cause drowsiness, they wake me up instead, so when I need sleep, I have to very careful what I take. So the effect of various meds really depends on the person.

Would you believe that superglue and such does not stick to my body either? Something in my chemistry neutralizes it.

Anyway, if you are used to taking massive doses of Benzos, you can probably take both, if you don't take too much, without a problem other than somnolence and crashing out for awhile. But if you aren't used to it, then you are risking an overdose.

My information is not guaranteed correct. I do not get them right all the time, but I do enjoy the hunt~
    mardigras man 420 likes this.

Thumbs up

My doctor writes suboxone with clonazepam and it works great because l was a addict to benzos before l had a large tolorance to xanax so thats why he wrote it but now l cant take suboxone without having benzos so l wish l never took them.

Wink Benzo's & Suboxone mixed right...

Im a 28 year old man who was a hardcore opiate addict for 7 year's starting off on pain pill's,and l did not know it had any type of body pain after effect or withdrawal system's so l learned that the hard way. A few years after later my sister started to get addicted because of her boyfriend witch l had to wope his ass a few times but it was everywhere then she ended up just getting her GED and im proud she has it but, l went to school. So once Hurricane Katrina hit everything changed because we were all getting money. And never had at once so everyboby got good connects in texas and brought that boy down here and it was open season with it thats why my sister got hooked because 50% of all the kids coming out of highschool were full blown addicts. But after my connect passes away l started taking methadone on the streets and it worked and was a whole lot cheaper= $5.00 or $200.00 aday. So l said l might as well go to the clinic since im on taking them everyday but l took it when l wanted to that makes a huge difference l ended up learning after about 2 weeks Mind you l have taken xanax bars since l was 15 and aleast every week. So after 2 weeks of going to the methadone clinic every morning you have to be there by 9:00am. After that l was taking alot more 2mgs xanax bars to feel better plus acouple of the people l worked with went too on there own everymorning and he was a good friend and we started to take extra walffers and the little whit 10's thru out the day. We were starting to take way too many xanax up to 10mg a day and just needing more and more to get the same feeling. On my way to pick up 100 xanax bar's l went to jail for over 3 months and l really thought l was okey. I got a job acouple days after and l could'nt do it l had to leave early and went to sleep. The next morning my friend brought me to a church were the pastor is a doctor he works a day job too this was from 6pm-9pm but l found out what and how Bupranophine works and what it does and seen all of us for about 5min and l told him my story and he put me on 60-8mg Bupranophine/60-2mg Clonazepam and 60-30mg Adderall because l was going to college and have ADD,so the Adderall helped alot in the school accept l realized after taking it everyday for months it started give me the oppiceate of how it did when it worked. So l started abusing benzo's for years it too mr till 9 months ago how to take it how the doctor toldl you too. lm seeing a new doctor now that has me on those same way but 90 not 60 of each medciene the differance is how you take them. (DontLetYourMedsControlYourLife)!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ScorpF4 View Post
    anyways someone who is taking opiates will more then likley just take more opiates to fall asleep b4 they take any benzo's! ; )
    I was talking about people who are on suboxone not a full antganist like codiene or not like methadone thats a full antganist,suboxone/buprenorphine with naloxone which is a half antganist what my doctors been writing them for years for me.

ARTIST658 is offline Platinum Member

Once we are addicted to ONE addictive medication, you can no longer take ANY addictive medication safely. All drugs of addiction operate on the same neural pathway in our brain - and taking ANY will trigger this disease. Either we will start abusing the new substance - or go back to our drug of choice.

I can not IMAGINE what kind of a quack doctor would give out suboxone, clonazepam and adderall to ONE patient - that is horrendous. Suboxone signified that he knew you were an addict. For him to dispense 2 other addictive medications is nothing short of disgraceful. This is a lethal combination. If I knew the doc, I'd notify the authorities. He should not be practicing medicine.

I see that you're around these boards giving out advice - recommending mixing suboxone and benzos. Please exercise more caution, and do not make recommendations that could be deadly for others. While you are still using these drugs, your "advice" on how to get off them is over-reaching your experience.

You will know the truth - and only the truth can set you free.

J-Hart is offline Junior Member

my friend was taking Bupranorphine was using all kinds of drugs for over 5 years since he was in college level. At worst, he was using cocaine and pills. Valium, hydro’s, and X. He will not go into a bunch of details about my drug use but it was bad. He took OD'd several times, went to jail (but never for drug charges), ruined friendships and went through as much as 5 year on drugs. Now on Buprenorphine 8mg a day plus a 1/2 more (a day) "as needed”, he started at 32mg a day 3 years ago and he been cutting back for the last 5 months. His doctor says, "You never need to quit them if you don't want to. Most people relapse. “Which he fear. he took sub's 5 years ago for a while, quit cold turkey and did just that RELAPSED!