Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Becoming addicted to Oxycodone
    Businessman1 is offline Member

Default Becoming addicted to Oxycodone

Hi

I wanted to ask if anyone has had a similar experience to me.

I saw a doctor for acute back pain which, after an MRI, was diagnosed as a herniated disc. I was prescribed Vicodin (10 325) and Cyclobenzaprine.

I became reliant on the combination for both pain relief and to fall asleep. I read all the information on the many internet forums and the next visit I asked for something without Acetaminophen. He gave me 120 Oxycodone 5mg pills.

They worked significantly better and also made me feel really good. My dose quickly went from 20mg per day to 70-80 over the next 3 months.

I have a serious job and can't afford a week of cold turkey. I am finding it really hard to concentrate and can't talk to my girlfriend anymore. All I want to do is be on my own with my Oxy.

I am getting an operation next week to fix my back and all I can think is how much Oxy will they give me to take home and will stop prescribing it after that. I am a respectable business man and would never buy it illegally. I wouldn't even know where to go. I count my pills to see how many days I have left.

I know I need to stop when the pain stops but I'm scared of what it's going to feel like.... If I'm honest I wish I never had to. I'd be happy being prescribed it forever.

Cats Meow is offline Banned

Then don't have the surgery and stay on your precious pills, you'll probably be worse off anyhow, that's the statistic anyway. You'd rather have your pills then your girlfriend, which isn't very respectable if you ask me. So to each there own. You may as well quit wasting her time with you. You sound like a real loser.

Default Read the post!

You're right, I do sound like a loser. That was kind of the point of posting a question. I was looking to hear if anyone had fallen into the same trap and perhaps had come through.

I think a lot of people on here have a problem they are looking to solve. Given how long you've been a member, I'm guessing you've had a problem for a lot longer than me.

As I said in my post, I'm looking to hear from anyone who had the same experience. Cats Meow, there is no need for you to post on this thread again.

Anonymous Guest

Default Very common

Yes, Most people on here have had the same problem as you and their addiction began just as yours did . I think we all were at the point your at when we wished we could just take them forever and that they were good for us , like vitamins . The reality is that it just gets worse and the pills don't give you the good feeling that they used to and you need to take more and more untill you realize that you are now a prisoner to your habit. You don't use to feel good anymore you use it to function , to feel normal and to keep from going through w/d . Many of us have also said that we wouldn't use anything illegal but when w/d begin and you need to be at an imortant meeting or have responsibilities to attend to you'd be surprised to see how quickly you'd jump at the chance to take ANYTHING legal or not . I would have said the same as you a few years ago , I am educated , respectable , have a professional job and am a person with high morals . Drugs don't care who you are in fact , in the end they are the great equalizer and they will take you down the road to Hell just like anyone else . My advice would be to get off now and there are people here that could help- but no one stops unless they really want and it is not an easy thing to do . You will have to decide for yourself which road you want to take. There are many people on this forum , myself included , who have gotten off and there are ways other than cold turkey .Good luck to you and your girlfriend and NEVER SAY NEVER
    Last edited by Anonymous; 05-09-2009 at 05:26 PM.

nemesis is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Businessman1 View Post
    Hi

I saw a doctor for acute back pain which, after an MRI, was diagnosed as a herniated disc. I was prescribed Vicodin (10 325) and Cyclobenzaprine.

I became reliant on the combination for both pain relief and to fall asleep. I read all the information on the many internet forums and the next visit I asked for something without Acetaminophen. He gave me 120 Oxycodone 5mg pills.

They worked significantly better and also made me feel really good. My dose quickly went from 20mg per day to 70-80 over the next 3 months.

I have a serious job
    I know I need to stop when the pain stops but I'm scared of what it's going to feel like.... If I'm honest I wish I never had to. I'd be happy being prescribed it forever.
    (did you just say, you wud b happy being prescribed it for ever )

Let me tell you something, i was fully addicted to opiates, 4 four yrs. i tried stopping cold turkey. "DONT DO THAT, IT IS A TRIP TO HELL"
    you must taper of slowly, and that can take awhile, quite awhile. I used methadone @ first, then winged down to suboxone tapered off, i had a very good methadone doc who new how to do it. he would not stop in the somertime, he would stop all clients in the winter time, i cant remember the reason for that, but i bet someone on this board knows why. Good luck.

Default a few more questions

Thanks to both of you for the advice.

I am interested in how brndout stopped, how long it took and if you ever still take anything. I don't mean for recreation but say for example if you went to the dentist and they gave you Vicodin. Would that set you back?

Also, for nemesis, I always thought that Methadone was harder to get off than Oxy. Did you have that experience? I had never heard of Suboxone before. I just read up on it. Sounds interesting - did that stop all cravings? Also, how long did it take to "taper off" and were there any other side effects from the methadone?

Just as an FYI, Hydrocodone made me sleepy which was one of the reasons I moved to the Oxys. For some reason they do not make me sleepy so I can still work. I was under the impression that Methadone made you really drowsy.

I wish my doctor would have spent more time explaining all these things to me although I was in so much pain at the time I probably would have taken anything.

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Here is the link to what brndout was referring to. It's suboxone/subutex therapy. I did it too. I always suggest cold turkey using some methods to reduce the w/d smptoms so you're done with it quickly. But if you can't cold turkey for whatever reason check out this link. I will help you along if you choose to do this. God bless.

http://www.drugs.com/forum/featured-...apy-50887.html
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

nelly005 is offline Member

Hi Businessman,

I'm like a lot of others here, and your story could be mine. After 2 years of opiates, lastly being Vicodin 10mg 100mg daily and methodone (30mg daily) for pain I tapered down and am now off all opiates for almost 4 weeks. I still have a lot of the original pain that put me on meds but I'd rather have that then the guilt I had and the control opiates had over my life. The vicodin was mentally harder for me to quit as it gave me drive and motivation. It never made me tired. The methadone made me tired and "seemed" easier to quit although I felt pretty bad (irritable, lazy etc...) for two weeks.

From everything I've learned on these forums suboxone is a good way to go if you follow Roberts induction and tapering...the best success stories here are the ones that have listened to Robert.

Good Luck and we all understand what you meant on just being with your oxy!! Most of us felt the same way, but that can be changed, I still remember thinking similar thoughts. It's just a great reminder to stay strong!!

Anonymous Guest

Default info on quitting

Hi -This is Linda and I want to answer your questions but I'd like to know how long you have been on the Vicodin and the Oxys and have you tried to quit before?

Hi Linda

I've been taking pain meds for around 9 months now. I started on Vicodin which I was taking for 2 months. Then I stopped everything for 2 weeks after steroid injections which took away my pain. I started again when the pain came back - my injury didn't heal on its own. The first time I stopped was no big deal for me. I felt sick for a few days but I hadn't been on them that long. This took away all my fear of becoming addicted. I was taking 50mg of hydro per day.

I started on the Oxys around 6 months ago and have never thought about stopping before as I was in pain - even though I take them when my pain is not bad.

It only occurred to me how hard it is going to be to stop when I left my pills at home when I went on a business trip last week by mistake....

My op is this week so I need to think about stopping by the beginning of next week.

Anonymous Guest

Default Info on Subs etc..

Hi -This is Linda and I'm sorry it's taken so long to get back but I just got back from my mothers house. To answer your questions briefly. It took me three months to taper off subs from 12mg. to .25 . As far as taking narcotic pain meds I would be hesitant as I have seen many people relapse that way and I would not want to do this again. If I had to take them I'd have someone hold them as I wouldn't trust myself . I don't think once your an addict you can go back to using them as directed. I am wondering why you want to get off now if your surgery is this week? Aren't they just going to put you back on pain meds for a bit? I asked how long you were on them and if you have tried to quit before because for long term users and relapsers Suboxone may be a good choice but it is a very powerful drug and its not as easy as taking a pill and tapering down . I never took drugs at all ,didn't even smoke pot until a Dr. gave me Vicodin about three years ago when I was 48. My pill intake went up and changed forms. I decided to quit and went through a miserable five or six day withdraw. Within three weeks I was back on the pills and then to avoid another w/d I used Fentanyl patches . So then I was using pills and patches and I decide to stop . The w/d from that made the previous one seem like a mild flu and I was in absolute misery. My ex brought over some liquid in a syringe which he said would help. I didn't even know or care at that point what it was and he shot it up my nose and within 5 seconds all w/d was gone and in its place was just a calmness , not high feeling just calm . It was >>>>>> and that began a years worth of daily >>>>>> use. I want you to understand that after my first four or so months with the pills it was about feeling normal , being able to function and have energy , and to not have to go through withdraw as there was never a good time and now I was talking about >>>>>> w/d. I had and still do have a professional job and I didn't feel I could take the time nor did I think I could handle the w/d when I thought the first one from only 60 mg of hydrocodone was so bad .So I kept at it a couple more months untill I could not take the shame , disgrace ,and fear any longer. It would wake up terrified at what I had become and how I was going to get out of it . I was afraid to go forward and afraid to stay where I was but something within me knew that was not where was supossed to be and my fear of the drugs became bigger than my fear of getting off of them . That where subs came in and that is a whole other chapter which I'll be glad to share with you if you like. My whole point in this is that if I'd have gone through my original detox from 6 Norcos I would have spared myself and family from all of this trauma. It is only in hindsite that I see this , of course , and if I could do it over I'd have walked away from my six day detox and never looked back. I am still not recovered from the whole ordeal but I couldn't be more greatful that I am free from the prison of addiction. I know you don't quite see it as that yet but ts coming and you won't be able to get out of its way. I don't know if I'd have listened if someone told me this when I was sitting where you are or not but I need to at least try and warn you. Cold turkey now will be easier now than later or you could taper off your oxys if someone would give them to you but I was never able to do a taper then . Knowing what I do know I'd taper in a heartbeat as well . Probably more than you ever wanted to hear but I think you scared me when you said you would stay on them forever if you could. I remember thinking the same thing. Well , read around the forum and whatever you decide people on here will help you . Good luck to you and a really wish you the best. Let me know if you want me write you another novel. Linda

Default Thanks

Thanks Linda. I can't believe your ex gave you >>>>>> without telling you. I would have been so angry.

I was thinking next week to start my w/d process as that's when most of the pain should have stopped if all goes well. I'll delay it a few days if I need to.

Also, thanks to Nelly and Robert for your advice. It sounds like some of you have gone through some tough times. It gives me hope that I'll be able to do the same and that there are a number of credible options if one doesn't work.

I'm going to try tapering first and see how strong I am. I still have hundreds of pills as I always ask for a new prescription when I get half way through my last (I am always scared of running out). I think I'll get through w/d. It will be really, really hard for me not to start again. Once it is out my system and my tolerance goes down, I'll start wondering if it will feel like the first time again if I take one... At least I know where it goes if I do though. thanks for all of your help.

Default changing one for another

I just looked at some other posts on Suboxone. There are as many people trying to get off that as there are trying to get off Oxy.

There doesn't seem to be any info on why it is better for me to be addicted to Suboxone or Methadone than the Oxy other than that it doesn't make you high.

Seems like another dangerous addiction but with none of the benefits?

If tapering doesn't work for me, is this really a good option? The advice on getting off Suboxone is also to taper. What an I missing?

Anonymous Guest

Hi Businessman
    your not missing anything...LOL
    You can make the taper work you just have to want it bad enough, only you can give up on you...
    I did a taper off oxycontin and vic's and perc's...
    It can be done.
    Just keep your mind strong on what you want for yourself...I wanted to be done with the pill life and got mad enough to do it...
    just remember what kind of life you want for yourself...
    You can do it...

Melinda

Anonymous Guest

Default Melinda is right

I just looked at some other posts on Suboxone. There are as many people trying to get off that as there are trying to get off Oxy.

There doesn't seem to be any info on why it is better for me to be addicted to Suboxone or Methadone than the Oxy other than that it doesn't make you high.

Seems like another dangerous addiction but with none of the benefits?

If tapering doesn't work for me, is this really a good option? The advice on getting off Suboxone is also to taper. What an I missing?
    Hi -This is linda and that was my point to my long post earlier . Suboxone is a powerful drug not to be taken lightly . I think it is best used for chronic relapsers , long term users , >>>>>> addicts , or people on very high doses of time release meds . It is not better to be on Subs or Methadone. It is better for you to make the taper or cold turkey work. You are missing nothing but misery unless you do this quickly . Sorry but it's the truth. The benifits of the Oxy will soon diminish as well.
    Last edited by Anonymous; 05-12-2009 at 02:42 AM.

Good morning Businessman,

When I knew I had to go off opiates, I asked my husband to help me. I said it was either he help me or we should spend the $30,000+ for me to go to rehab, that did it and he was on board. I made out a calendar for my vicodin/methadone taper plan gave it to him along with meds. He locked them in is car trunk and kept keys with him at all times. Because I know I would have taken more!! Each morning he doled out my meds for the day. At this time I didn't know about the love and support of this forum....or the Thomas Recipe. I wish I had it would have been much easier, we tend to find more strength when we know we're not alone.

Do you have someone you can share your problem with...friend or family, maybe stay with them or them with you. You can purchase a small safe for your "helper" to stash them in and they keep the combination or key.

Just something to think about. Let us all know how you're doing!!

kruegkel is offline New Member

I have been on Methadone 2 times, once before my spine surgeries and even on the lowest dose, I was tired and had trouble focusing so we switched medications. However, I have severe chronic pain. It was 3 1/2 years after my accident before my first neck surgery was completed then over another 6 months before 2nd was done. I still need 2 more spinal surgeries. The injury went so long unidentifiable and untreated that I will have permanent loss of range of motion in my neck and arms, loss of strength in my neck and arms and sensory loss in my neck, arms and upper to middle back along with the chronic swelling and pain. When the pain continued after the 2nd neck surgery, I was again sent back to my pain doctor. This time we started with other meds but have landed with methadone for the day and multiple other medications including cyclobenzaprine at night. The methadone this time did not make me tired at all but keeps me awake and alert while controlling the pain enough to allow some normal functioning as I have 2 children to take care of(especially driving- mom's taxi). This is my way of explaining that medications are different for everyone and effect people differently and can effect you differently at different times. There are medications to temporarily help you sleep which are not addicting if they are used short term if that is one of your worries and the pain medications can be tapered and the doctor may switch the meds around a little to bring you off and keep you from becoming addicted to the medication used to taper you off. Find a good doctor or talk to a pain doctor as these are medications they use often and know how to taper you off and can offer other techniques to help with the pain besides addictive medication. Definitely have surgery but be sure to make your doctor aware of your concerns and be sure there is a plan in place to taper the meds after surgery and a back up plan if you experience problems with the tapering. This is just my suggestion from working with these meds and personal experience as a patient and as a professional. Good Luck.

I am experiencing first hand how everyone reacts differently to these meds.

I am currently in my hospital room on IV Hydromorphone which is making me feel sick and It's hard to breath.

They just changed me from Fentanyl which didn't affect me at all and that is meant to be one of the strongest Opiates....

Nelly, your idea of getting someone else to hold my pills sounds like the one with the highest chance of success. It's feels a little scary because it seems so final but if I'm serious I'll do it. Did it ever cause arguments with your husband when he refused to give you more?

My girlfriend is really strong-willed and will never give me more that she is meant to.

Kruegkel, I never got my meds from a pain management doctor. They all come from my back doctor whose nurse gets me new prescriptions with a single phone call, no questions asked. The last time I saw him when I was picking up the prescription, he even shouted after me "let me know if you need anything stronger". i doubt he's the right person to help me. I think I have enough pills left to do it without going back to him.

Sitting here, feeling sick from opiates and reading all of your posts, I'm really motivated to get out while I can!

Hi Businessman,

My husband and I didn't argue while I did the taper, I did kind of think of him as the "bad" guy a few times since he had the key to my "normalcy". I had already warned him I may try to cheat, whine, cry...beg, but he could'nt give in to my whims. He stayed stong. I'm like you I would have no idea where to buy "street" drugs....unless I asked my kids and I would never do that!!

I had already fired my pain Doc and had told my regular Doc that I knew I needed to quit opiates, they didn't really help the pain and I was using them for the wrong reasons. Of course after I stopped and all the w/d symptoms were gone I know they were helping the pain at least a little. So now I'm getting pain relief with good nutrition, yoga and tylenol,motrin..etc..
    If you want to know more about the nutrition just let me know and I'll get into it more.
    Since you're in the hospital and getting super strong meds and will have more pain than usual I would start your good nutrition first and get your bodies immune system working properly. Then after a week or so of healthy eating give your pills to your girlfriend and start that taper. You may want to inform your Dr. you plan to wean yourself of opiates since you know they'll only help for so long and you don't want to become addicted (that word scares Drs.) Maybe tell him that after you know you have enough meds to last through your taper...you don't want to burn bridges...yet!

How long are you in the hospital??

I'm in the hospital until Tomorrow.

I am finding that there is a problem with being in hosptial with a tolorance to Opiates. The nurses can't undersatand why the 1mg of dilaudid they are injecting me with is not even touching the sides. They say things like we'll ask the doctor is we can give you another 0.2mg. I keep saying you don't understand, my house is on fire and you're giving me a glass of water... it's not going to work.

I only take 60mg of Oxy/day. God knows what it must be like for the people that are used to 200mg.....

I think I'm already in w/d while being hooked up to the IV.

One of the many reasons I wanted off opiates is "what happens if I get into a horrific accident and no pain meds help" !!

Do the nurses understand you've been on regular pain meds...they should understand?! Thats why drug companies keep making stronger and stronger pain meds!!

You mentioned earlier it's hard to breathe, but if you can try to take deep slow even breaths....think breathing down into your ribs but keeping your stomach tight...8 - 10 seconds each breath. If your sides are hurting go real slow and not as deep. It helps in childbith and pain!! You need oxygen in your body it helps heal and those shallow breaths we have while in stress and in pain do not help. And I'm thinking you've a whole lot of stress right now...along with the pain!

Beth

You're right they should understand. I told them a number of times. Nurses are often very nervous about upping IV doses of pain meds on a patients request. There is really no up-side to them. If I'm in pain they have to hear me moan. If they up my dose and stop me breathing then they get in trouble....

They have now moved me onto hydromorphone pills 8mg (4 x 2mg) at time which still does nothing for me. I tried to google what the equivalent dose of Oxycodone was but got a few different answers. I'm trying to understand why it's not working for me. From what I can tell, hydromorphone is not twice as strong as the Oxy and 16mg of Oxy wouldn't do that much for me.

It is a good incentive to get off. It sucks being in pain and not being able to do anything about it. It's like they are forcing me to taper. My breathing difficulty has stopped now. I think it was the mix of the fentanyl, whatever else they gave me for the general anesthetic, the Hydromorphone and the Valium all at once. I'm sure hospital food didn't help either - one mouthful of that is enough to stop anyone breathing

klopper22 is offline Member

Default judge not...

Cats Meow, there is no need for you to post on this thread again.
    LOL. I guess he told YOU! Sometimes people jump way too soon to judgement...

I thought it was a genuinely honest approach to seeking help, encouragement, etc. ANYONE who has been a substance abuser has felt EXACTLY like you described yourself albeit at varying levels, Businessman. And not all approach getting help in the same fashion in actions or words.

What's important right now is that you are reaching out.

sweetbabired is offline New Member

Default Suboxone

Ask your doc about Suboxone 1 pill a day and no withdrawals at all this stuff is heaven sent and you will be off all narcotics within 5 days

Jenn

Quote Originally Posted by klopper22 View Post
    LOL. I guess he told YOU! Sometimes people jump way too soon to judgement...

I thought it was a genuinely honest approach to seeking help, encouragement, etc. ANYONE who has been a substance abuser has felt EXACTLY like you described yourself albeit at varying levels, Businessman. And not all approach getting help in the same fashion in actions or words.

What's important right now is that you are reaching out.

I try to post in the most non-judgemental way that is possible. I am not always successful, at times my sarcasm over-rides my logic. I've pi$$ed off lots of people here, some semi-intentionally and more of them accidentally. There is an art to always saying the right thing at the right time. I certainly haven't perfected it yet. I'm getting better, it's about progress, just like life.

I must say in Cats' defense here that she normally offers great information. But people should realize that when you've worked this forum year after year continuing to answer nearly the same exact posts over and again how frustrating and seemingly very repititious it can become. We are all entitled to an emotional outburst occasionally especially someone who's posted thousands of times and helped countless numbers of people year after year. Cats doesn't need me to protect her, she's more than capable of doing that on her own. But I had to speak my opinon on this one as Cats is like me. She generally ignores criticism even when it's not called for and doesn't usually even bother with trying to justify her actions.

I didn't agree with Cats' reply. I posted something different and tried to offer constructive suggestions when I posted. It's obvious our replies were different as I posted shortly after Cats'. But Cats has posted some great information for many years, she is knowledgeable and does have compassion for others on this forum whether newcomers see it or not. And whether our advice is identical is irrelevant.

Sometimes we all have bad days, bad afternoons, or whatever. For those of us who have posted a long time, who have spent countless hours giving of our own personal time volunteering ourselves and trying to help others, sometimes even WE have bad afternoons too. Sometimes we answer posts when we probably should have just stayed off the board at that time but we go on and try to offer help anyway. People ask us the same questions we've possibly just answered ten different times and it can get to us TOO just like things get to new posters who are in w/d.

Bottom line everyone is entitled to a bad day occasionally, even those of us who have posted for years. We get riled up just like everyone else and are entitled to do so. Cats has done as much as anyone EVER in the history of this forum. I know Cats and she does care about the members well being. A pat-on-the-back soft approach is NOT always the way to get the desired result with addicts. I've said it many times that I will say or do almost anything, even hurt someone's feelings, it that is what it takes to get thier attention. Cats will do the same.

The whole point I'm trying to make is don't pass judgement on one reply from Cats when she has almost 6000 posts where in reality she has helped tens of thousands over the years. Try to be a little more appreciative of the work Cats has done helping people over the years and do a little less bashing. Thanks Cats for all you do and have done here to help others ! God bless.
    Last edited by Robert_325; 05-14-2009 at 09:32 AM.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetbabired View Post
    Ask your doc about Suboxone 1 pill a day and no withdrawals at all this stuff is heaven sent and you will be off all narcotics within 5 days

Jenn

Sorry Jenn ... I have to disagree about a one-pill-per-day approach to sub use for five days. I'm not saying that couldn't have worked for you. You can't successfully treat everyone the same way with this medication.

Everyone needs a different approach to use the same medications. That approach may have worked for you but it would have been disastrous for me and lots of others. That's why we recommend doing this symptomatically based on how each person is reacting. God bless.

Robert, Non of us know enough about each other to judge. I don't judge Cat for her post. I just wanted to hear from people in a similar situation to me.

I actually didn't realize that you and Cats worked here (I am new to this forum). While you both may have been here for years, a lot of us are new and do not have the frustration of having read multiple repetitious posts. Robert, your knowledge is clearly valuable to the people here.

I have found the advice and encouragement on this site to be very useful. Most of the other sites and blogs I found were full advice about how much one needs to get high or what's better between injecting >>>>>> and snorting 80mg of Oxycotin etc. This site made me feel better knowing that my situation is common, fixable and not limited to anyone one type of person.

I now have a clear view of the options available to me for stopping and also a good insight into what might happen to me if I don't.

Nelly, if you get a chance, please can you tell me a little more about how good nutrition helped with your pain? Were you told to eat specific foods for it?

Thanks again for all your help.

A friend on another thread is emailing me some nutritional info soon that her boyfriend put together (it's his business) I will fill you in on that later but what I've been doing for the last week plus, I've been eating foods good for the immune system which helps inflamation and makes you feel stronger and healthier.
    Pom Wonderful (100% pomegranate juice) Mix with OJ if you don't like it
    Carrots, melons, mangoes, oranges, leafy greens (beta-carotene)
    Mushrooms (enhances our good killer cells)
    Green Tea
    Yogurt (make sure it has live bacteria)

Try to cut out as much red meat as possible as it makes inflamation worse.
    Also cut out as much flour and sugar as you can these make it hard for your body to process the good stuff.

Every morning I have a bowl of Kashi Vive (it has prohibotics and doesn't taste like cardboard) mixed with yogurt with fresh blueberries and raspberries on top.

I'm 99% positive if I had started this during my taper I would have felt sooo much better. My worst w/d symptom was the malaise (lazyness), after I started with the above I felt a huge change in 2 days.

Have you found the Thomas Recipe for extra vitamins and minerals. That I started a week into w/d's and was also a help, I even gave a copy to my Dr. so she can be better informed.
    If you don't have it just google it.

Keep in touch! Do as much shopping and preparing as you can while you feel good...before taper.
    And remember there is no failure unless you fail to try! You've got the right attitude you can do this!

Robert, Non of us know enough about each other to judge. I don't judge Cat for her post. I just wanted to hear from people in a similar situation to me.

I actually didn't realize that you and Cats worked here (I am new to this forum). While you both may have been here for years, a lot of us are new and do not have the frustration of having read multiple repetitious posts. Robert, your knowledge is clearly valuable to the people here.

I have found the advice and encouragement on this site to be very useful. Most of the other sites and blogs I found were full advice about how much one needs to get high or what's better between injecting >>>>>> and snorting 80mg of Oxycotin etc. This site made me feel better knowing that my situation is common, fixable and not limited to anyone one type of person.

I now have a clear view of the options available to me for stopping and also a good insight into what might happen to me if I don't.

Nelly, if you get a chance, please can you tell me a little more about how good nutrition helped with your pain? Were you told to eat specific foods for it?

Thanks again for all your help.

Neither Cats, melinda, myself or anyone else on this forum works here for any type of compensation. We volunteer the time we spend on this forum. There is obviously no ego thing involved with anyone on an anonymous forum where you offer help as a volunteer.

The people offering help and suggestions here do so of their own free will trying to help others. That is it. That is another obvious reason it's kind of absurd at times when people get upset because someone doesn't always reply within ten minutes.

No one is paid any type of compensation for their services on this forum. Kind of gives one another reason to realize that the information here is more likely to be correct as we have absolutely nothing to gain with the information that is shared. It would be impossible for anyone to have a hidden agenda of any kind here. People do this because they are trying to help others in crisis situations. That is it. God bless.

Opana80 is offline New Member

Hi

I have a serious job and can't afford a week of cold turkey. I am finding it really hard to concentrate and can't talk to my girlfriend anymore. All I want to do is be on my own with my Oxy.

I am getting an operation next week to fix my back and all I can think is how much Oxy will they give me to take home and will stop prescribing it after that. I am a respectable business man and would never buy it illegally. I wouldn't even know where to go. I count my pills to see how many days I have left.

i know exactly what u mean man. ive done alotta of fighting through out my child hood n it has caught up with me n im in pain all the time but ofcourse the doctors r2 stuck on themself to give me anything n my g/f has degenerative disk disease and they wont give her nothing either so we buy them off the street and i will continue to until they give me something... they r very expensive on the street the oxys go for 50 cents a mg where im at (north carolina). my advice.... dont stop cuz if u do u will b dope sick as hell n that can drive ppl 2 kill themself i went through it once n i found a pain pill quicker than ********. so tell your doctor your always in pain, just lie 2 him dont let them take your script cause a scene man.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast