ativan
    jeraldo76 is offline New Member

Default ativan

what is a normal dosage of ativan? 8mg? or would 8mg put me out?

manski77 is offline New Member

Out like a light!!!!

Slam aXe

Stallion is offline Senior Member

"normal", anxiety-fighting doses of Ativan range from .25 to 2mg, depending on the person and their benzo tolorance. 1mg of Ativan is roughly equilivant of 10mg valium, so your assumed dose would be a massive dose for a non-benzo-tolorant person. don't just assume your doses of drugs, it's a good way to end up in the ER (or the morgue).

Information = Freedom

Thor283 is offline New Member

8 mg of Ativan might put you into a coma. The smallest size it comes in, to my knowledge, is .5 mg so that would be the starting dose for normal anxiety. It's always best to start with a small dose and then take more if necessary. So I'd say take .5 mg and if you don't feel better in an hour take another .5 mg tablet. Anything beyond 1.5 mg means that either, you are extremely Benzo tolerant, or that Ativan is the wrong drug for the symptom you are trying to cure. There are different forms of anxiety and not all the Benzos are equally effective against all of them. Also some people just don't benefit from some benzos but do from the others. Such as myself. I find Xanax and Klonopin to be of little use, but Valium, Transxene, and Ativan to be helpful.

accgirl4 is offline Junior Member

you would be pretty much a vegitable for 24 or so hours.......lol

Jennifer finbow

livid is offline Member

60 mgs of ativan didn't kill me...

5 or 6 mgs would be around the dosage that someone would use to get "high" off of it. Most normal conditions call for .5 to 1 mg... up to 3 times a day.

but if you were to use it 3 times a day on a regular basis would you net get use to it where it would not do it's job as effectivly the same with clonazopam

Jennifer finbow

livid is offline Member

over time you would need higher dosages, yes... no benzodiazepines are supposed to be used for more than 90 days due to dependence.

Unless you are completely debilitated by your condition, using them sparingly is the best way to insure their effectiveness when you need them most.

so basically what you are trying to say is trying not to use them unless you really have to. Is that the same as clonazopam and how long does it take to kick in[?]

Jennifer finbow