Antabuse affecting private pay insurance
    notsothirsty is offline New Member

Default Antabuse affecting private pay insurance

I have a prescription for Antabuse, have taken it for about 6 months. Moved. New state BCBS has denied me a policy.
    Any help? I still have coverage from old address. No other medicines. No other life style conditions.
    Certainly I could buy the meds, point is that insurance is being denied. LOL, retailer charged against my deductible, I had paid cash on original without presenting card. Then when new cards came my RX copay went from 20$ to $199.00
    Thank you.

jazdmarkets2 is offline New Member

Red face Re: Antabuse affecting private pay insurance

Hi,

This is good for you that you want to quiet the alcohal. and you also read the policy that any solutions given him without affecting your insurance otherwise you talk to head brances. he must help you.....

Thanks
    Sushil

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by notsothirsty View Post
    I have a prescription for Antabuse, have taken it for about 6 months. Moved. New state BCBS has denied me a policy.
    Any help? I still have coverage from old address. No other medicines. No other life style conditions.
    Certainly I could buy the meds, point is that insurance is being denied. LOL, retailer charged against my deductible, I had paid cash on original without presenting card. Then when new cards came my RX copay went from 20$ to $199.00
    Thank you.

I'm not doubting you but I spent decades in the industry. It appears there must be some confusion here. There is no reason Blue Cross Blue Shield could get away with denying an existing policy being switched to another state. It isn't even something they would want to do based on what you've said. BCBS is a legitimate company and this just doesn't sound right. Am I reading your post correctly ... is that what really happened? If coverage was denied how did you get new prescription cards?

I can understand if a new policy was written in the state where you moved and you have a new deductible to pay before your insurance starts paying normally on prescription meds. Are you sure that isn't the case and that your RX co-pay will return to $20 or something similar after you meet the new deductible again?

Let me know what happened. This sounds like nothing more than a misunderstanding. I'll try to help you if I can. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

notsothirsty is offline New Member

Default Sequence of events leading to NO from BCBS AR

Moved from TX to AR in May.
    Had birthday in June. Got the annual notice of rate increase and new card with new $200.00 on RX deductible.
    Later in June went to new agent to update records and transfer insurance to AR. Put on application that I was taking Anatbuse. Agent said 'you sure you want to put that on there? ' I should have whited it out. But no.
    Got letter saying that 'BSBC AR would like nothing better than to insure every application . . . .we are unable to offer you health insurance...based on Alcohol with anatbuse, muscle strain.' Went on to say 'if your physician can provide additional informaion we may reconsider' Did that, health care provider from Texas snet letter. Got reply from BCBS AR- 'sorry we are not changing our minds'.
    Now agent says there is a conversion policy may be available for $500+ a month. That I should keep my insurance. That 'maybe in a year we can reapply'.
    I'm listening, and will be blessed with your input. A LOL, we live in a dry county, so I am no longer drinking period. Have not had an antabuse since June, bottle empty and no refill.
    Susan
    Last edited by notsothirsty; 08-05-2009 at 11:05 PM.