Amphetamines and Tolerance Issues
    Neuromind01 is offline New Member

Default Amphetamines and Tolerance Issues

Hi, just wanted to post a bit and have a question or two about amphetamines and tolerance. Hopefully someone has had a similar problem.
    Im currently taking Adderall 30mg 2x daily. Iv been on it for 4 months already, my tolerance is really high it seems, and cannot feel the effect any more. NOt that the effects were a "high" but i felt alot more motivated, creative, concentration improved, ect. I mean it has been one of the best medications ever that i tried.
    Along with tolerance, the 2x daily is not enought because Adderall lasts (for me) 5 hrs tops, so i have to redose every 5 hrs,leaving me with 6 more hours of down time. Now i am going to ask my doctor to up the dosing to 3x daily. Adderall xr IS NOT covered by my insurance, go figure. I also have 20 pills of Ritalin la 30mg.
    I may stop the adderall and switch over to Ritalin 2x daily for 5-10 days just so my tolerance to amphetamines improves.
    From my research, Ritalin is not an amphetamine but has similar properties. It effects dopamine and NE different, in that it blocks the reuptake of DA/NA, unlike amphetamines such as adderall which release stored dopamine and Na. ALong with this process, Adderall/Dexedrine/Dysoxin and Ritalin effect the release or reuptake of Dopamine from the nucleus accumbens part of the brain, which gives one that "reward feeling" or pleasureable feeling.
    I was going to try ephedrine or Caffiene but i also found out more doughtfull information on those. Ehedrine is amphetamine like, but it severely releases and depletes dopamine and Norep., even after a few days of use. It also causes too much peripheral stimulation like Raised H.R. and Blood Pressure along with anxiety. And very little or no ADD effects or mental stimulation.
    Caffiene can be a psychostimulant in itself in smaller doses, but one comming off of adderrall or dex , caffiene would not help much due to potency.
    Other drugs im looking into are Segligine, Provigil, Modifanal, all the "nootropic smart drugs". And there are alot of "natural ADD supplements" but looking at the ingredience, i dont see a big or helpfull remody so far. But it may be worth trying.

If anyone has had problems with adderall/Ritalin/Dex. post back.

NM

GM

ladyz4real is offline New Member

I've been using Adderall since '98. With the regular Adderall (not XR) I had problems, both with increasing tolerance and with forgetting to take my second dose because I'd get space-y when the first dose wore off. I'm not one of those who can sleep better on Adderall, at least not consistently, so the delayed second dose was messing up my sleep rhythm. The extended release has resolved a lot of that. At first I thought it wasn't working as well because the doc insisted on prescribing a lower dose (in terms of net mg-per-day) and I didn't feel as much initial "edge", but now that I've gotten used to the XR's more subtle, sustained effect I think it's a lot better. As for your insurance company not covering the XR, you might want to consider chaining yourself to the front door of the company headquarters and calling the TV stations for a press conference until they change their policy. If that doesn't work you could try taking hostages or even self-immolation. Good luck.

cowboy0812 is offline New Member

Default call me....took provijil as well as well as concerta

As I said in the other post I have been or am still on all most all the meds you are talking about. 570-650-8227 Drew

Quote Originally Posted by Neuromind01 View Post
    Hi, just wanted to post a bit and have a question or two about amphetamines and tolerance. Hopefully someone has had a similar problem.
    Im currently taking Adderall 30mg 2x daily. Iv been on it for 4 months already, my tolerance is really high it seems, and cannot feel the effect any more. NOt that the effects were a "high" but i felt alot more motivated, creative, concentration improved, ect. I mean it has been one of the best medications ever that i tried.
    Along with tolerance, the 2x daily is not enought because Adderall lasts (for me) 5 hrs tops, so i have to redose every 5 hrs,leaving me with 6 more hours of down time. Now i am going to ask my doctor to up the dosing to 3x daily. Adderall xr IS NOT covered by my insurance, go figure. I also have 20 pills of Ritalin la 30mg.
    I may stop the adderall and switch over to Ritalin 2x daily for 5-10 days just so my tolerance to amphetamines improves.
    From my research, Ritalin is not an amphetamine but has similar properties. It effects dopamine and NE different, in that it blocks the reuptake of DA/NA, unlike amphetamines such as adderall which release stored dopamine and Na. ALong with this process, Adderall/Dexedrine/Dysoxin and Ritalin effect the release or reuptake of Dopamine from the nucleus accumbens part of the brain, which gives one that "reward feeling" or pleasureable feeling.
    I was going to try ephedrine or Caffiene but i also found out more doughtfull information on those. Ehedrine is amphetamine like, but it severely releases and depletes dopamine and Norep., even after a few days of use. It also causes too much peripheral stimulation like Raised H.R. and Blood Pressure along with anxiety. And very little or no ADD effects or mental stimulation.
    Caffiene can be a psychostimulant in itself in smaller doses, but one comming off of adderrall or dex , caffiene would not help much due to potency.
    Other drugs im looking into are Segligine, Provigil, Modifanal, all the "nootropic smart drugs". And there are alot of "natural ADD supplements" but looking at the ingredience, i dont see a big or helpfull remody so far. But it may be worth trying.

If anyone has had problems with adderall/Ritalin/Dex. post back.

NM

GM

OG LESER is offline New Member

I have been using Adderall XR for about 2 years now.
    but i think you migght want to go to a higher medicine?

WALNUTS52 is offline New Member

Default I Know

Hey bro...thats the problem with medications..we grow tolerant.Make sure your not abusing them..this stuff is strong.I always have to adjust my medication..i think there comes a time when we have reached the limit..but we can only hope that there are othe drugs to help your problem.See your doctor..i go to a shrink..he seems to have more insight in these problems we have.