AMBIEN QUESTION, HELP!!!!
    Reeder is offline New Member

Default AMBIEN QUESTION, HELP!!!!

I have started using ambien.... My Husband is saying that we are having sexual experiences and I have no clue of what he is taking about...Its like everytime I take it I can't remember what has happened...He evens said that I have become more sexually agressive since taking it...I can not remember ANYTHING that we have done sine taking it...Has anyone else eperienced this or heard of this forgetful behavior..He also says it acts as a truth serum and I say almost anything....Please give feedback!!!

Stallion is offline Senior Member

ambien is a seditive similar to benzodiazapines like valium and xanax, and amnesia is one of the many side effects people may experience while taking sedatives. If you are blacking out, your dose is propbaly too high, and you may want to try cutting it in half and scaling up. also, mixing ambien with alcohol or other sedatives will potentiate both and increase the likelyhood of amnesia. My wife was perscribed ativan (another benzodiazapine) for anxiety and experience the same side effects (including the increased sexual desire and amnesia) if she took her full dose, although as her tolerance to the medication grew she was able to take her full dose w/o those side effects. also let your doc know if you still black out at lower doses, as you may be particurlarly sensitive to sedatives like ambien.

Information = Freedom

mgrnjr is offline New Member

Okay I am so glad somebody has said something about this. A few months ago my boyfriend was on ambien. I went over there and we were laying in bed he had taken some ambien for his sleeping problem. All of the sudden he started acting very odd, it was almost like he was hallucinating. He was seeing things that werent there. We stayed up all night he wouldn't sleep he just kept walking around asking me where his brother went, (whom was never there) I left in the morning cause I couldn't take it anymore. BIG MISTAKE!! Apparently in this blacked out state he continued to take more ambiem which just made him worse. I finally got a hold of him, he had DRIVEN an hour and a half north of where we live in this condition. He finally came to when he was on the road. He did not remember a single thing. It was just about the most bizzare thing that has ever happened! Thank god he was okay and shame on me for leaving I regret that and feel awful for it. Anybody else hear about anything like this???

MorganaLeFay is offline Junior Member

Hi to everyone-
    I have been prescribed Ambien for insomnia for well over a year now, and believe me, all of the stuff that everyone on this post is talking about does not surprise me one bit. Ambien is in the sedative/hypnotic class of drugs, so it is similar to benzos, but is also very different in some ways. Ambien WILL cause severe memory loss. Some mornings, my family has told me crazy tales of things I did and said all night, while I thought I had been asleep the whole time. And it wasn't like a fog like a morning after drinking when you can remember bits and pieces, and then someone says, oh, and you did this, and you're like, oh yeah! No, ambien causes TOTAL memory loss. When I was told that I fixed food, played with my dog, played the piano, talked to my family, made some more food...it was like I was being told a story. You remember nothing. It's very scary. If you are ever with someone who has taken Ambien, please don't leave them alone if they are still awake. This drug throws out rational thinking all together, and also does cause hallucinations, visual disturbances, or whatever you would like to call them. Logic doesn't exist, and there also have been times where I and others I know who have taken ambien feel like other people are with them when they are alone. I can tell you tons of crazy stories that my best friend and I have from taking this substance. Anyway, if you have any questions, please write back. I know I'm not a pharmacist/doctor/expert on drugs, but this one I am pretty experienced with. One way to get rid of the memory loss is to go to bed right after you take it. It is very fast acting, within 10 to 15 minutes, and if you're up doing something, you will FORGET to go to bed, and then you'll stay up and do crazy sh!t all night that you don't remember. Also, please, PLEASE, make sure that if you or someone you know is going to take it and stay up, have a sober person there with you. Happy sleeping!