allergic reactions to Hydrocodone
    sundown787 is offline Junior Member

Default allergic reactions to Hydrocodone

Has anyone ever been told they have a sensitivity to hydrocodone?
    My son had one last night.It was horrible. It lasted almost as long as the hydro. He was with me the whole day so I knew it was nothing else{plus he does not do drugs thank goodness.He was lethargic,very slurred speech no real control over his movements.Halucinations,such as talking to his brother who is not here. He thought he needed to move his truck because"it is slippery out mom" its the beginning of august. there was more but to much to go into.The next day(today) he had very little memory of what happend and it took most of the day to get back to normal.
    this is the 2nd time it has happend in the last 3 years, except we did not know what it was the first time.But we have compared last time to this time and the symptoms are the same.I would appreciate any one who is willing to share their story. Thanks, sundown787

mpvt is offline Platinum Member

Sounds like he just took to much as what you described is a test book example of an opiate user who is high.Reactions from opiates are things like itching and hives,trouble breathing.This lad was just really high,sorry.....Dave

mpvt is offline Platinum Member

When I reread your post I got to thinking that this could possibly be some sort of odd reaction.Did this happen only the two times that he has taken opiates????I would definately get ahold of his doctor because if as you say he isn't abusing then he should be checked to make sure everything is ok.....Dave

Rawoody is offline Platinum Member

I agree with mpvt... take him to the doctor if for nothing other than to get him prescribed some other drug so hewon't be taking the hydrocodone again.

I might not always be right, but I'm never wrong.