Advair Substitute
    L.M. is offline New Member

Thumbs up Advair Substitute

My husband has been taking Advair for several years and it has worked well. Our insurance has changed and because it is a brand name we have a 75%
    copay. This is about $450.00 for a 3 month supply. When is this going to have a generic substitute?

Lurker625 is offline New Member

Smile advair substitute

I have been using advair for 3 years also. It is so expensive. When I first had to quit working I lost my health insurance. so I talked to my pharmacist and they hooked me up with a plan to get it for $10. I can't remember what the company was. (possibly the maker of advair) but it was worth it. I now have insurance but before I remember it was $275. per disc. I haven't any idea what it would cost now. Also one of the laboratories will give away at least one disc. I would ask your pharmacist if they have any similar programs to the ones I have used. I live in California I'm not sure what state you are in.

John Weelsen is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker625 View Post
    I have been using advair for 3 years also. It is so expensive. When I first had to quit working I lost my health insurance. so I talked to my pharmacist and they hooked me up with a plan to get it for $10. I can't remember what the company was. (possibly the maker of advair) but it was worth it. I now have insurance but before I remember it was $275. per disc. I haven't any idea what it would cost now. Also one of the laboratories will give away at least one disc. I would ask your pharmacist if they have any similar programs to the ones I have used. I live in California I'm not sure what state you are in.
    Advair is fluticasone and salmeterol ...
    if you want to know about similar drugs see
    http://www.drugs.com/condition/asthma.html
    Last edited by John Weelsen; 10-09-2009 at 09:31 AM.