Addicted to Lortab / Please help
    missgale is offline New Member

Default Addicted to Lortab / Please help

Someone please help. I am 23 years old and addicted to Lortab. I have an 8 month old son and I don't want this to ruin my life or his. It's so bad that I'm taking atleast 25 pills within 3 days or hell two days sometimes. Everytime I buy some more pills I always say that I'm gonna wean myself off of them by using the ones I buy. Everymorning when I wake up I'm so drained of energy and tired and just don't want to do nothing at all. I want to quit so bad. How many days will it take to get out of my system and I won't have to have them? Anybody please tell me. I appreciate your consideration in this matter.

Nat

PoppyQueen is offline Member

Five to seven days to get the drugs out of your system. As far as not desiring them anymore, that's a different matter. It sounds like you're addicted and it's the addiction part you'll have the most trouble with--not that withdrawal is a piece of cake.

I was too chicken to go through withdrawl so I am on the Suboxone treatment. It's working terrific for me after a month.

Good luck to you,

PQ
    Last painkiller used: 9/25/05
    Suboxone started 9/26/05

girlie girl is offline Member

Do you have a husband or friend that could hold the pills and help you wean down? Someone that would only give you a pre determained amount a day. If you have the pills you will keep eating them. For me its been hard to stop the last two or three a day. [:X]

Girlie Girl

mpvt is offline Platinum Member

Hi Nat: Your chances of weaning down are next to zero.You have enough of a problem that your going to have to have medical help.Go to www.suboxone.com and find a doctor who prescibes suboxone in your area.This drug will take away your withdrawls and cravings while letting you get your life back on track.Once you've done that the doctor can put you on a slow detox so that you will end up drug free with little or no trouble.Good luck and really think about this because as you say you have a little one there that needs you more than anything.....Dave

duffy35 is offline New Member

Yeah try getting on suboxone. Ive been hooked for a total of
    3yrs on all sorts of pain meds.
    I got my 1st prescription of suboxone yesterday. 60 8mg tabs. so far
    so good. Good luck!!!

missgale is offline New Member

thank you guys so much. i'm definitly considering using suboxone. i'm still using lortab everyday like crazy. it's like i'm just all caught up in this mess, secretly. i do have a fiance but he hasn't a clue about my addiction and i'm scared to inform him due to what may happen. thanks so much for your comments and help.

love yaw,

nat

Nat

girlie girl is offline Member

Good luck Miss Gale. I know you can get clean. Do it for yourself and your son. Girlie Girl