abilify?
    vampire024 is offline New Member

Default abilify?

anyone take this? side effects? im going to be starting this since i had bad side effects with seroquel and risperdal. im going to be starting at a low dose 4mg a day.

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Some people do better with abilify, some do better with the other meds. We are all a little different. Here is a link for some info on abilify. I hope you do well with your new meds. God bless.

http://www.drugs.com/cdi/abilify.html
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Anonymous Guest

Hi vampire

My son is bi-polar and he took abilify... He said it works really good...

Let us know how it goes

Talk to you later, Melinda

thank you. im going to take it tonight and ill let you know how i feel in the morning.

Anonymous Guest

Hi vampire
    It took Casey a couple of days till he got stable. I didn't tell you that last time I just wanted you to know..
    Talk to you soon, Melinda

i started the abilify last night and i didnt seem to have any side effects except it may have made it hard for me to sleep cuz a couple hours after i went to sleep i started waking up every hour or half hour
    tonight ill take extra ambien

Anonymous Guest

Hi Vampire
    I'm glad you had no side bad side effects from the abilify...but you need to be careful with taking the ambien, sorry but I had to throw this up here...
    please let me know how it goes with the abilify...

Interactions between your selected drugs
    Ambien (zolpidem) and Abilify (aripiprazole) (Moderate Drug-Drug)

MONITOR: Central nervous system- and/or respiratory-depressant effects may be additively or synergistically increased in patients taking multiple drugs that cause these effects, especially in elderly or debilitated patients.

MANAGEMENT: During concomitant use of these drugs, patients should be monitored for potentially excessive or prolonged CNS and respiratory depression. Ambulatory patients should be counseled to avoid hazardous activities requiring complete mental alertness and motor coordination until they know how these agents affect them, and to notify their physician if they experience excessive or prolonged CNS effects that interfere

Quote Originally Posted by melinda7.5 View Post
    Hi Vampire
    I'm glad you had no side bad side effects from the abilify...but you need to be careful with taking the ambien, sorry but I had to throw this up here...
    please let me know how it goes with the abilify...

Interactions between your selected drugs
    Ambien (zolpidem) and Abilify (aripiprazole) (Moderate Drug-Drug)

MONITOR: Central nervous system- and/or respiratory-depressant effects may be additively or synergistically increased in patients taking multiple drugs that cause these effects, especially in elderly or debilitated patients.

MANAGEMENT: During concomitant use of these drugs, patients should be monitored for potentially excessive or prolonged CNS and respiratory depression. Ambulatory patients should be counseled to avoid hazardous activities requiring complete mental alertness and motor coordination until they know how these agents affect them, and to notify their physician if they experience excessive or prolonged CNS effects that interfere
    thank you melinda. my dr knows i am taking both of these together since she gave them to me on the same day and she told me i could take an extra ambien if i needed to im only taking the 5mg.

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for telling me ...I would have probably done the same thing...I just didn't want to tell you that...LOL...
    Have a great day, Melinda

well i was at 4mg of the abilify for a few night then i took it up to 5 mg for a couple night i think tonight i will take it up to 7mg and stay there for a few days to a week and than move up to 10 and hopefully that will be as high as i need to go.

Anonymous Guest

Hi Vampire

Does it seem to be helping ???

Thanks Melinda