5mg of oxycotin, 5mg methadone
    dangerous2013 is offline Junior Member

Default 5mg of oxycotin, 5mg methadone

do these two opiates have the same pain releiving qualities at the same mg level?

would norco ( 7.5/325 ) equal 5 mg of methadone

Im trying to switch to another opiate from methadone.....want to get an idea of the amount to ask the new doctor...i have major chronic pain and do yoga plus other things to keep the drugs in check

thanks for your help

scombs0035 is offline New Member

no methadone is a very powerful opiate, a norco 7.5 is a lortab and that would not equal 5mgs of dome!! You woul probably have to double the amount of lortab to your amount of dome

Cats Meow is offline Diamond Member

Compared to morphine methadone is 11 times stronger, oxycodone is roughly 1.75 times stronger then morphine, cross tolerance is also a factor, but I'm not going to get into that. You do the math to figure into 5mg's.

hitime83 is offline New Member

Default Methadone vs. Morphine

mg for mg methadone and morphine are usually equal. Obviously not everyone is the same but there is no way methadone is 11 times stronger than morphine. Look in the PDR Physicians' Desk Reference if you dont believe me. Cats Meow I know you didn't intend any harm with your answer but that could get someone killed.

people should also keep in mind the analgesic properties of methadone las 4-8hrs but some of the negative side effects like respiratory depression last much longer even up to 24+ hrs long after any pain releiving effects can be felt

Cats Meow is offline Diamond Member

I'm quoting published stats, I didn't pull them out of my hat. Please quote the stats your PDR claims (I have one myself, it's not even listed).
    Methadone's analgesic properties are much longer then 4-8 hours.
    Thanks for your post, BUT, I do know what I'm talking about. I have seen conflicting info, but claiming it's 1:1 is an absolute joke.