20mg Valium side effects
    ottor is offline New Member

Question 20mg Valium side effects

I'm going to have a medical procedure, and the Dr. suggested a single dose of Valium - 20mg perior to the procedure. How long prior to the test should I take it, and what can I expect to feel once its working? If it makes a difference, I'm a 61 yr old male @ about 230 lbs.

Thanks,

r

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Quote Originally Posted by ottor View Post
    I'm going to have a medical procedure, and the Dr. suggested a single dose of Valium - 20mg perior to the procedure. How long prior to the test should I take it, and what can I expect to feel once its working? If it makes a difference, I'm a 61 yr old male @ about 230 lbs.

Thanks,

r

Based on your post I am assuming that taking the Valium is not a regular thing for you. I am 55 and have been down this road a long time. 20mg of Valium will affect you, even at your size if you have not taken it before. You won't likely be a zombie or anything close, but everyone reacts to drugs differently. You seem kind of anxious about taking it, so I would suggest you have someone drive you to the procedure as you don't know for sure how you will react to the Valium.

The Valium will be at full strength in your system no more than 30 minutes after you take it. So I would take it accordingly, so that the 30 minutes comes around about the time you arrive for the procedure so you are relaxed. You will possibly be close to nodding if you are not nervous, if you are nervous then you will probably just be very relaxed. 20mg is a good dose for you and should be the right amount to do the trick ... make you good and relaxed that is. Don't worry about the Valium. You are taking what I would say is a right-on dose. Good luck and take care.