190 mg methadone mixed with high doses of xanax
    blondy0614 is offline New Member

Red face 190 mg methadone mixed with high doses of xanax

ok so my bf has been goin to a local methadone clinic for two years now because of a herion addiction. he was doin fine up until about 4 months ago. he started takin methaone with xanax. he is taking up to 10 bars of xanax and its out of control. he now sells his methadone to get other drugs like >>>>>> and oxycontin...but he gets loaded everyday unless he cant find any xanax, so how can i help him get help, and what can i do to help? i have tried talkin and that leads to arguing and that leads to having an excuse to get high...any help?

Robert_325 is offline Retired

If he's taking ten xanax bars and that much methadone he is really putting it all on the line to get high. I'm serious you need to do whatever it takes to get him off that ride. He's putting his life in jeopardy. I don't know enough details to tell you what specifically to do. But he needs to be an inpatient in my opinion. He is showing no regard for life. I'm not judging, I checked myself in twice. I was blowing it too. But his behavior is unnacceptable. Let us know how you're doing. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Magdalena12 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by blondy0614 View Post
    ok so my bf has been goin to a local methadone clinic for two years now because of a herion addiction. he was doin fine up until about 4 months ago. he started takin methaone with xanax. he is taking up to 10 bars of xanax and its out of control. he now sells his methadone to get other drugs like >>>>>> and oxycontin...but he gets loaded everyday unless he cant find any xanax, so how can i help him get help, and what can i do to help? i have tried talkin and that leads to arguing and that leads to having an excuse to get high...any help?
    Dear Bondly AND BLONDY'S BOYFRIEND:

10 bars alone of Xanax can definitely be lethal. 10 bars of Xanax with Methadone will, at some point, BE lethal. This is a recipe for death. I am not being over-dramatic. I too have taken Methadone and other opiates, so I am no angel here. I'm an an RN and I am only telling you that so maybe you will believe me. Both of these drugs cause respiratory depression; the dose of Xanax you are taking along with methadone = severe respiratory depression if the conditions are right. I'm not BS'ing you! This is a terrible combination of drugs.

If you can, show him this thread, or print it off. I don't know but maybe this coming from people who have used and been in his shoes might help. Many drug overdoses involve opiates and benzodiazepines, just ask a medical examiner (coroner), especially at the doses that he is using. I know you are trying to help him and I know you are afraid, I hope this helps.

mags

xTerm is offline Junior Member

Methadone is VERY dangerous.. I had a very bad experience with it and will never take it again.
    My brother used to be on several pain meds after getting t-boned by a dump truck back in 2004.
    He was on a fentanyl patch, morphine suckers, hydro, xanax and methadone.
    I used to get really bad headaches, that would sometimes last up to a week to ten days and after about three days of having this headache, i walked over to his apartment and asked him if he could give me something for it.
    He gave me four 10 mg methadone and 2 xanax bars, warning me not to take more than one or two of the methadones in a single day because they were dangerous.
    I took the two xanax and one methadone immediately and after about two hours i still got no relief from my headache.
    I took the remaining three methadone and settled in for a night of gaming on my computer.
    The next thing I know im looking up from the floor at my mom and her husband, hes banging on my chest with one hand and holding an oxygen mask in the other hand and the only feeling I had was one of being very cold. Not the kind of cold you get from being outside in winter time but a deep down cold on the inside.
    Paramedics arrived a short time later and I had the strangest feeling that they were death, coming to take me away and I tried to fight them away while screaming that if they take me away >> never come back.. i still dont understand that.
    Anyway, long story short.. I "died" a total of 3 times that night. I never told anyone what i took so they werent able to give me the antidote for opiate OD.
    The third and final time i "died", they had to use a shot of adrenaline or whatever it is to the heart and the electrical paddles to kick start my heart.

I have taken many different types of opiates for many years and have taken a lot of them at one time.
    But never have I had such a dramatic reaction to such a small dosage or such a small number of pills.
    Methadone is very dangerous and since then i use every opportunity i can to tell this story, not to "brag" and not for sympathy but I do it to spread awareness about the dangers of this drug and narcotics in general.

btw, i currently do take opiates but only hydrocodone and never more than ten or twelve a day.

It's Over is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by blondy0614 View Post
    Blondy,

I am so sorry for you. Does he want to quit using? It doesn't sound like it. If that is the case, then there is not much you can do...except what you don't want to do. Let's see, I am a Medic from the Post Vietnam Era, and I have seen some pretty incredible abuses to a persons body, with every chemical known to man. The human spirit has the ability to re-create itself, even after years of abuse.

There is a good chance that the 190 mg of methadone will sooner or later make him crazy, but the 10 mg of Xanax will probably give him a little more time, if, and this is only if, he doesn't die from respiratory failure, or go into cardiac arrest first. If he really wants out, just grab a bottle of Jack and get her done. Life is never so bad that it is too late. He probably takes the Xanax as he is freaking out about something, and the methadone to combat the hunger from the >>>>>>. Personally, I would rather see him go back on some clean >>>>>> as do this.

If he wants help, let him read a website called AVRT.com, or, Rational Recovery.com. I think he will like it. I wish you all the best. He is lucky to have you in his life right now.

Quote Originally Posted by It's Over View Post
    Blondy,

I am so sorry for you. Does he want to quit using? It doesn't sound like it. If that is the case, then there is not much you can do...except what you don't want to do. Let's see, I am a Medic from the Post Vietnam Era, and I have seen some pretty incredible abuses to a persons body, with every chemical known to man. The human spirit has the ability to re-create itself, even after years of abuse.

There is a good chance that the 190 mg of methadone will sooner or later make him crazy, but the 10 mg of Xanax will probably give him a little more time, if, and this is only if, he doesn't die from respiratory failure, or go into cardiac arrest first. If he really wants out, just grab a bottle of Jack and get her done. Life is never so bad that it is too late. He probably takes the Xanax as he is freaking out about something, and the methadone to combat the hunger from the >>>>>>. Personally, I would rather see him go back on some clean >>>>>> as do this.

If he wants help, let him read a website called AVRT.com, or, Rational Recovery.com. I think he will like it. I wish you all the best. He is lucky to have you in his life right now.

We normally don't suggest that a person go ahead and "just grab a bottle of Jack and get her done." And 190mg of methadone is likely not going to make him "crazy." It's a high dose but not so high that it would lead to insanity.

And I hope this person becomes a NEW MAN after the short tutorial at Rational Recovery ... I did it and thought it was a joke personally.

Stop spamming us with this garbage. IF you want to advertise contact the administrators and buy ads like anyone else. God bless.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

babydaddy724 is offline Member

If this doesn't stop you most likely will find your bf dead in bed one morning. I hate to be so blunt but at that rate I am surprised his heart hasn't stopped yet. I used to take 120mg of methadone a day with 1 or 2 peach (0.5mg) xanax and I would pass out for hours because I was so zombiefied (if thats even a word). Please get him help immediately because this is almost a case where he will most likely wind up permanently damaged or dead. The xanax boosts the feeling of the methadone tremendously this s why he does it. Almost the same buzz as >>>>>>. I hope for the best for him and hopefully you can get him the help he needs. Because only loved ones are usually the only people that can help is situations like this.... best of luck let us know how things go

jennilynne is offline New Member

Exclamation I hope my story helps Blondy!!

Hey Blondy,
    I'm gonna talk to you not as a dr. or nurse or a judge, just as someone who has been there. Rite now Im on 190mgs of Meth and I take 2 xanax a day. But just a few years ago, I was on less meth, like(120mgs), and got up to taking 12 /2mg xanax a day. Along with some other stuff(xanax and the amount being the most deadly). I got arrested, and for the 3 days I was in jail dont remember anything that happenend (I do know I was hallucinating, cuz I didnt have the xanax). When my hubby got the money to bail me out, I was in such bad cond., I didnt even know who he was, I ended up in the hospital in a coma, hallucinating at the same time, strapped down with 4 leather straps to the bed, cause I thought I was the Dr., But first, when I was gettin bailed out of jail, I thought I was the cop, and when he took me in the back to take off my cuffs, I actually assaulted him(thnk God he culd tell I was not in my normal mind) So he just told my hubby to take me to the car, pull it around back, then come back in and pay the bail. But in the Hosp report that I read, they had to give me enourmous doses of Haldol (which they said I was unresponsive to, and atavan). When I finally woke up, I was a lil better, but still having bad hallucinations at bed time. I had to go back on xanax (not like before) and wene myself off and it took me two years to properly get off. That was after another attempt to do it cold turkey at home and I started having 2 to 3 seizures a day. The point to my story is, I escaped death, by the skin of my teeth. If I were you, I would do whatever it takes to help him get off. But do not push him to do it cold turkey, cuz like what I faced, he could face worse. At the end, I was determined to do it and never go through that again, and even though it took me 2 years, cuz I had to go 1 pill at a time sometimes for a month until the next and when i got to the last 1 pill a day, thats what took the longest, I broke it into 3/4 for 6 months- than 1/2 for 6 months, and that last 1/4 was the roughest, but by that time it was mind over matter and i just said screw it, let me try 3 days without it and see what happens, and I never touched them again( til recently), but I am so scared by what happened to me, u wont see me take more than required ever again, I dont even take the required dose half the time. I can take 3 a day, most days I take 2. I just wanted to share my story with you from the view of someone whao has actually been in the situation, and I hope it helps... Good Luck and God Bless U and ur family!!!

astuz is offline New Member

Exclamation im replying to this

the reason is that my brother in law decided to take 8 methadone and they were 10 MG each!!! plus i dont know how many xanax bars but the point is he is in a coma now since of yesterday wed november 17 2009 and he is expected not to make it. he has 2 new borns ages 2 and 1 and he wont even have that chance to even see them grow up. im telling you this because i dont think you would want to see your love one craping all over himself and clothes bein cut off by the EMTS and bein rushed to the hospitol. he cant breath on his own. there is no brain activity. the heart is failing. there is nothing left.
    make a stand and do something plz.

Anonymous Guest

Quote Originally Posted by astuz View Post
    the reason is that my brother in law decided to take 8 methadone and they were 10 MG each!!! plus i dont know how many xanax bars but the point is he is in a coma now since of yesterday wed november 17 2009 and he is expected not to make it. he has 2 new borns ages 2 and 1 and he wont even have that chance to even see them grow up. im telling you this because i dont think you would want to see your love one craping all over himself and clothes bein cut off by the EMTS and bein rushed to the hospitol. he cant breath on his own. there is no brain activity. the heart is failing. there is nothing left.
    Hi Astuz
    I just wanted to tell you I'm so sorry for you and your family,I'm sure everyone is just devastated...I will keep you in my prayers and if we can do anything for you let us know...
    Melinda

Quote Originally Posted by astuz View Post

astuz ...... I'm so sorry for your family and I appreciate you taking time out of your day at a time like this to post this story. If we could only make people understand the potential danger of mixing these drugs.

I just prayed for your brother-in-law, you and your family. I so hate seeing something like this that could have been so easily avoided. It's so sad and senseless. I only hope that someone reading will get the message from your post that doing this is playing with fire!

I will continue to lift your family up in prayer. Let us know if there is anything else we can do. God bless.

newyorkgal is offline Platinum Member

Dear Astuz,
    I am so so sorry for your family's trouble. I pray for a miracle for your brother.

190 is a high dose but not outrageouly high, the added xanas is alot BUT its quite common for people on methadone to take benzos as it really boosts the methadone feeling. It's a dangerous situation but unfortunately, there is no way to MAKE someone get clean. If there was, there'd be no one posting for help because some loved one would have made them do it a long time ago. He has to want it and be ready for it. You can talk but, as you said, he turns it into an argument. This makes me think he doesnt want to stop just yet. Let him read this thread, especially astuz. Hopefully, something will get through to him.