is 10mg oxycodone ir back??
    leana is offline Member

Default is 10mg oxycodone ir back??

does anyone know if they now make a 10mg oxycodone ir tablet? a friend told me they got a prescription for them,and got them filled.he said they were pink,and kvk-tech i think was the company who supposably makes them.i looked at the company website,and it only looks like they make phentermine.i used to be on the pink ethex 10mg ones last year,but then they stopped making them,so i had to go to percocets.>> like to know for sure if the 10mg are back,and being made at all,so i can go back on them.does anyone know??

Cats Meow is offline Banned

Percocet is an IR, yes Ethex is back in production also KVK-Tech makes it in a 10 without APAP.
    If you don't like apap, your doc can always write it for 2 #5's if availabilty is a problem since only KVK and Ethex makes them in a 10, there's lots of 5's.

Anneymay is offline New Member

I take the 10mg but the tablets are white and can be split in half.

Cats Meow is offline Banned

Yeah, but the OP is talking about Oxy IR not Percocet. Both Ethex and KVK's are round/pink.
    KVK Tech's stuff looks very crude, but that doesn't matter as long as it works, I haven't heard any feedback yet on their Oxy.

Scoliosis is offline Junior Member

I just got scripted 5mf ir's for breakthru pain and asked around about it... 10mg and up have always been available , at least in Toronto, Canada.

glad2bfree is offline New Member

Default Oxy IR

Oxy IR works wonders for me especially when I need it following severely painful surgery and all its complications. The tylenol in Percocet is bad news especially if one is taking it regulary and a lot of it. I don't know why, but the plain Oxy IR just seems to be more potent than the equal analgesic dose of percocet.

I don't know if Oxy IR comes in a 10, but it really does not matter since your doc can simply double the dose and there is not the limiting factor from any tylenol content. This is what I had. And, there is the opportunity to take less i.e. 5 instead of 10 without having to cut pills.

With complex and extremely sever pain after surgery, I had the fortune of having Oxy IR, Dilauded, Fentanyl patches 150mcg (which became a curse when they no longer worked right), with brief stints on Demerol tablets which worked the best and of course the idiot docs still refused to continue it based on some moron who had an allergic reaction to it in Nowhere USA.

Good luck with this.

Default IR's

today after much discussion I was bumped up from 3-4 40mg oxy and 2-4 5mg IR Daily ..... to .... 2 x 80mg oxy + 1-2 10mg oxy IR.

I can say they have been a godsend, the IR really help with breakthru pain.

and YES, they are back.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoliosis View Post
    I just got scripted 5mf ir's for breakthru pain and asked around about it... 10mg and up have always been available , at least in Toronto, Canada.

rockmanalways is offline New Member

i can absolutely say that they do make an oxycodone 10 mg. i.r. tablet......i was just prescribed them after my doctor changed me from 15mg.i.r. to the 10m.g. i.r.(doubled my script to overcome a tolerance problem!!!).so giddy-up and go get -em and happy trails........p-n-p!!!

charlesberry6 is offline New Member

Thumbs down The Change in the appereanace of Oxycontin

I take oxycontin 40mg and the pill is was the letters on it were OC. Last year my doctor gave me a perscription for oxycontin 40 mgs. When I went to fill my script for my ocs. When I opened the perscription bottle the pills color to had been changed and the letters marked on them read op.

I asked the pharmacist why had the color changed, he told me the company that manufactures oxycontin. No loynger manufactures the OCs, but does manufactures the oxcontin . Has any one else run into this problem.this problem. Thenewops do not work as well. Please let me know

Rocko3 is offline New Member

Quote Originally Posted by rockmanalways View Post
    i can absolutely say that they do make an oxycodone 10 mg. i.r. tablet......i was just prescribed them after my doctor changed me from 15mg.i.r. to the 10m.g. i.r.(doubled my script to overcome a tolerance problem!!!).so giddy-up and go get -em and happy trails........p-n-p!!!
    Agreed..I was just prescribed oc 10 mg ir and they are pink

u must be in usa? in canada I take 40mg slow release Oxy every 8hrs + 20mg IR , instant release inbetween. I guess the us has taken them off the shelf? We always had them. I also recently got put back on the old form OXY slow release and still have 3 x 20mg IR inbetween.
    Mild to moderate symmetric disc bulging L3-L4 and L4-L5.
    Mild to moderate left facet joint osteoarthritis L3-L4. Thoracolumbar rotoscoliosis.
    And some more. Not fun. not one bit. At all. I am always hurting.

I do not advocate illicit drug use and understand why so many people who are in pain do bad things, unless you have real chronic pain no matter what or how much you read up on pain the ones with real pain will truly understand why we say what we say and do what we do & resort to the things we do. We have to.

Walk a mile in my shoe and wince in pain, feel your sweaty shirt, forehead moist, grunt, smile and then move on. Life could be worse.

litchi123 is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by leana View Post
    does anyone know if they now make a 10mg oxycodone ir tablet? a friend told me they got a prescription for them,and got them filled.he said they were pink,and kvk-tech i think was the company who supposably makes them.i looked at the company website,and it only looks like they make phentermine.i used to be on the pink ethex 10mg ones last year,but then they stopped making them,so i had to go to percocets.>> like to know for sure if the 10mg are back,and being made at all,so i can go back on them.does anyone know??
    I have no idea about this and getting all details through your post and google only.Got few valid answer too...Thanks!!!!!!!!!!