10/650 mg Endocets or 10/650 mg Watson Percocets?
    gashbell is offline New Member

Default 10/650 mg Endocets or 10/650 mg Watson Percocets?

Hi, I was just recently taking the Yellow 10/650 Endocets my doctor prescribed me, but the pharmacy ran out of them half way and switched me to the white oblong Watson 10/650 generics, which at first I thought was Vicodin, so asked to check with the pharmacist. Found out it really it wasnt, but I was doing fine with the Endocets I was taking and not so sure about these watson's, althought I know usually watson makes better pain meds than others, so I was wondering if anyone else has had experiences taking both of these and which did they find worked for them best?

Thanks,

Gashbell

well just an update. Ive been reading what others have said and it seems most people here seems to like the watson's the most but its really split. Some like the Endo's and even some have said the mallinkrt are good, however, thier 10/325 norcos and 5/500 Vicodins really don't do anything for me, so in general I try not to get anything from them.

So, Ive only had the Endo's and Watson's same strengths so far and I think I still like the Endo's more, so its too bad if they will not be making anymore, but the Watson's weren't that bad, and did work for me as well, but I just seem to still prefer the Endo's. If I get a chance to try the other brands, I'll update this post and if anyone else have tried these or others and just like to give there input, that would help me out too.

Thanks,

gashbell

leana is offline Member

Default endocets or watsons?

my pharmacist told me that endocets are identical to the brand name percocets,as endo also makes the brand. in my opinion the endo generics and brand have more of a calming effect, where as the watsons have a get up and go effect. both work good, just depends on personal preference.

terny64 is offline New Member

Endocets (10) are great for my pain. I got the brand name and could not tell the differance(same company). Never found watson. I tried the Mallinckro brand and they were horrible. They were worse than taking lortab, which do not touch my pain (4 bad disc in back-Had a big truck wreck 3 years ago). Good luck and hope ya get to feeling better. Terry N....

Quote Originally Posted by terny64 View Post
    Endocets (10) are great for my pain. I got the brand name and could not tell the differance(same company). Never found watson. I tried the Mallinckro brand and they were horrible. They were worse than taking lortab, which do not touch my pain (4 bad disc in back-Had a big truck wreck 3 years ago). Good luck and hope ya get to feeling better. Terry N....
    Hi thanks. Yeah I actually picked up some of the mallinkrt brand percocet 5/325 recently too (phramacy ran out of name and watson), and you are right they do nothing for me! I dunno why but Ive had problems with this brand when I was taking vicodin in the past as well, they just suck at making drugs I guess. Anyways, now that Ive tried the watson, Endo, and Mallinkrt brand, I can honestly say Watson in general does a great job making all the drugs Ive tried from them and is a fine alternative if you can't get brand, and since Endo brand is the same company as the name so they are my obvious first choice if I cant get brand. However, In general >> advise everyone to just stay away from any medication millinkrt produces and go somewhere else if that is all they have.

leana is offline Member

ya, you are right about the mallinkrt, the 5/325 are horrible, i had a friend who used to call them "flower pills" because they were so bad.now the 10/325 arent too bad, but you can tell they arent as strong as other perk 10s.ive heard they are the cheapest generic made on the market, so unfortunatly,more and more places are getting them in, so they can save money. the pharmacist actually will tell you they are identical to the brand, YEAH RIGHT!but i also heard endo is going to stop making generics.i know you cant find the 5/325 endo anymore, im not sure about the other doses.

Chasbil is offline New Member

Default Regarding mallinckrodt

I'm glad I found this site, I did a search on Google concerning Mallinckrodt generic Percocet, to see if there were any others out there who also thought this stuff was lousy.

I am forced by CIGNA medicare in Arizona to have to use this stuff, unless I want to pay full price for something else, and this stuff reminds me of chalk or gypsum powder with oil in it or something. I used to work in construction years ago, and I used to get wallboard dust in my nose and mouth, and this stuff reminds me of that taste and smell. It doesn't even seem to have any painkiller in it at all, and it's not even close to the Roxicet that CIGNA used to carry as a generic subsitutue for Percocet.

I think the FDA and possibly the media needs to look into this and get a drug analyzing test on this stuff and see what it really is, because people are getting ripped off with this stuff, as far as I'm concerned, and very possibly even hurt health wise by this stuff, who knows, as it also seems to cause bloating and gas in me as well. I wouldn't be surpised if it was even a conterfeit drug, it seems to be that lousy.

Something is just not right with this Mallinckrodt medication, and now I KNOW it's not just me who thinks this, thanks to this site. I'm going to be contacting CIGNA about this, and if I don't get satisfaction on this, then I may also go to my congressman and the FDA about this; this is just not right. Medicare patients are getting ripped off with this stuff at CIGNA, IMO, and we have no other choice at the moment under our medicare health plan (Senior plan).

Chasbil is offline New Member

Well, I had it out with Cigna today, 'told them I wanted the Roxicet that my doctor prescribed, rather than the Mallinckrodt, and after they arguing with me about it, I then told them that I was prepared to bring them Internet printouts of others saying negative things about Mallincrodt, and low and behold they managed to find some Roxicet on their pharmacy's shelves and filled my pain medication with Roxicet this time, rather than their lousy Mallincrodt.

Looks like we can get what the doctor prescibes if we stand our ground with these folks and don't let them force on us the cheapest stuff. Looks like I'm through taking their lousy Mallinckcrodt, hopefully for good. 'Don't know what was in it, but chalk and dried motor oil come to mind.

I found out that Mallinckrodt has a chemical plant in Mexico as well.

user-55 is offline New Member

i live in Canada ontario, i have not heard of watsons or any other pain meds i am taking percorcets,endocet5&325 oxycodone hcl&acetaminopen this is the generic brand the other is called oxycocet same dose they have TEC written on it the endo's have number's on them, i do not find the difference even with the real percorcets they do not do any thing different for me just help my pain and help me get up and move around, i was told they are addictting i feeling it is mind over matter .i have taken since 2001 ,re: cancer ,Parkinsons dics turning to sand Arithris all of this is heraitary, except Parkins this they have not found out the reason except dopimine in brain is very low. so to each their own , but would like to know more about watsons and any other meds that help with pain ,i am in constant pain ,i could go to have morphine or demorel but i am alleric to morphine and dem makes me sleep all the time ,and help or advise would be greatly appricated thank you's Deena

mpvt is offline Platinum Member

Hi Deena: If your taking just the quick release oxycodone (ieercocet, endocet,TEC) then the pain killing of this drug doesn't last more than a couple hours especially since you've been on it since 2001.Have they not tried you on Oxycontin which is the sustained release form of oxycodone???
    If these don't work then there is Hydromorphone(Dilaudid) Duragesic patch (fentanyl) Methadone.There are lots of choices out thiere.Oxycodone is almost halfway up the opiate strength chart so you have lots of options.Just wondering if you have been to a pain clinic???....Good luck....Dave