Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Robert_325
  • 1 Post By surfdog
low dose, long-term, intermittent lorazepam use-can I still have withdrawal symptoms?
    seriouslydude is offline New Member

Default low dose, long-term, intermittent lorazepam use-can I still have withdrawal symptoms?

I've been taking lorazepam off and on for almost ten years, but not very often--usually. I was told to take them "as needed" for panic attacks.

When I started, even though the pill is 1mg, I would take a quarter of a pill ten years ago, sublingual, to prevent a migraine (stress related) from starting and this worked well. I would take a half or whole mg if I had a full blown panic attack.

I have previously gone probably six months, maybe more, without need one. This year, I started a very stressful job and I took .5 or 1 mg almost every night for a couple weeks in mid-February. I didn't think about tapering or anything, but have been taking 1mg a few times a week since March. I haven't been tracking my doses.

I've had more panic attacks and keep going to the ER. I have several serious heart conditions that make it hard to figure out what is causing what.

I had 1 mg a few days ago and none since. I can sleep fine but I have noticed more irritability and depression, but I may have low iron as I suffer from that. I am making an appt to see my doctor to get my levels checked.

Obviously, I will ask about the lorazepam issue but wanted your thoughts here from people who've been through this.

Robert_325 is offline Retired

seriouslydude ......... With a "several serious heart conditions" I wouldn't touch this nor would any dr online with any sense. And if I were in your shoes there is NO WAY that I would take advice from an online drug forum with multiple serious heart problems.

I don't know your medical history and anyone who tells you what to do with you explaining that you have multiple heart conditions should be shot! See your dr and find out what the problem is from someone who is qualified to help you and who is also informed about your medical history. God bless.
    surfdog and thalia45 like this.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

seriouslydude is offline New Member

Sorry if I wasn't clear enough--I'm not looking for medical advice, I wanted to know if you thought that my use levels were a concern, but I know the answer really. Just really don't want it to be true. Bleh.

surfdog is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by seriouslydude View Post
    Sorry if I wasn't clear enough--I'm not looking for medical advice, I wanted to know if you thought that my use levels were a concern, but I know the answer really. Just really don't want it to be true. Bleh.
    Hey man, whether it is issue or not, see your cardiologist, if it is an issue he needs to know to prevent Rxing any other meds that would interact. Let the cardiologist guide you through this one. May be little to no room for erroe here. Good Luck Surfdog
    Robert_325 likes this.

Robert_325 is offline Retired

I agree totally with surfdog. This is not something to mess with here on a drug forum. See your cardiologist.
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.