What are some good non addictive sleep aids ??
    jen27nc is offline New Member

Default What are some good non addictive sleep aids ??

Hi all. I have been taking lunesta for awhile and cant seem to sleep without it. Can anyone tell me what some good non prescription sleep aids are that might help me to get sleep? Thanks all!

auburnny is offline New Member

Was hooked on Ambien...terrible withdrawal.
    Have used in past and am using now...Melatonin.
    Big controversy as to it working but I and my roommate use it and it works. Doesn't put you to sleep or keep you sleeping but will help put you in the mood to turn off the lights and hunker down. Eventually you will go to sleep.
    ALL prescription sleep aids if taken for a while are addictive...even if the company says they are not. And if you take them long enough you will have to deal with at least a night or two without sleep.
    They don't talk about it much in most of the Forums but Marijuna as a night cap before bedtime WILL put you to sleep once you settle down and turn off the lights. And it gives you very little withdrawal problems, if you quit.
    Stay away from fatty foods, alcohol, caffeine, noise (other than white noise) and read a book. Eventually, if you have no pain problems, you will feel sleepy. Good Luck.