Taken off fentanyl
    allalone007t is offline New Member

Default Taken off fentanyl

I need serious advice. My best friend who has been on fentanyl for 10 years was taken off of it yesterday. A doctor had popped a tumor and didnt tell her, then 4 years later during surgery, found out it had spread throughout. She had partial liver removal. She also has Fibromyalgia, and 2 years ago she fell and broke her hip which never healed. last month when she went to her doctors appointment there was a new doctor and he tested her for her meds. He told her yesterday that she came back negative for the opiates. Shes prescribed 3 100mcg every 3 days. She had 1 on when she went to her appointment. She's always late to the appointments because of what the patches do to her. Now the doctor has taken her off of it and told her that she can never have it or any prescript again. Her withdrawals are getting really bad and says she doent want to live. She doesnt have anything for the pain and I dont know what to do for her. Any suggestions would be great

OXYmom is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by allalone007t View Post
    I need serious advice. My best friend who has been on fentanyl for 10 years was taken off of it yesterday. A doctor had popped a tumor and didnt tell her, then 4 years later during surgery, found out it had spread throughout. She had partial liver removal. She also has Fibromyalgia, and 2 years ago she fell and broke her hip which never healed. last month when she went to her doctors appointment there was a new doctor and he tested her for her meds. He told her yesterday that she came back negative for the opiates. Shes prescribed 3 100mcg every 3 days. She had 1 on when she went to her appointment. She's always late to the appointments because of what the patches do to her. Now the doctor has taken her off of it and told her that she can never have it or any prescript again. Her withdrawals are getting really bad and says she doent want to live. She doesnt have anything for the pain and I dont know what to do for her. Any suggestions would be great
    WOW! This is terrible. If I were her I would INSIST on another/differnt test if she is really taking them and not sharing/selling/giving them away. This just sounds like a HUGE misunderstanding or something.

DP'srbad is offline New Member

How is your friend now? whats her age? and what mcg - strenth was her fentanyl patch? I hope your friend is okay. WD from fentanyl can be serious, did you take her to the hospital?