Scientology Therapies?
    drugrehab is offline New Member

Default Scientology Therapies?

Since scientologists believe psychiatry is quackery and wouldn't take something like zoloft what kind of therapy do they prescribe for a mentally ill person? And does anyone know if their "therapies" work?

Thanks,

Kelly,
    executivedrugrehab.com

Sarah31 is offline New Member

Uh...consider the source! Scientology was founded by a SCIENCE-FICTION writter L. Ron Hubbard. Okay? Do a little research about these type of cult backgrounds before considering them as a credible source.

Wigging out is offline New Member

I would also like to know what therapies the Scientologists use. I looked briefly at their web site and there is something they do to help eliminate your negative thinking to enable you to live deliberatly and passionately pursuing the things you love. Regardless of Hubbard's background, there is something to this but without knowing all aspects of it, I can't say whether I'm a believer or not. Also, they like large monetary contributions...hmmm.

mpvt is offline Platinum Member

It's called brainwashing lol.......Dave

eugene is offline New Member

I am not into scientology yet i believe that depression should not be treated with drugs like zoloft. Does that make me a quack?

I too am on the fence with scientology. Some of their practices seem to align with other self help programs like anthony robbins.

Haviva is offline New Member

I was in a drug rehab run by the Church of Scientology called Narconon. All I can say is the best thing about it is it's over. They don't advertise they are behind Narconon, but the longer you are there the more you learn about Scientology. They try to recruit recovered addicts and alcoholics to their church getting people when they are most vulnerable. I can't begin to tell you the bizarre techniques they used like an exercise called "bullbaiting" where 2 "students' sit facing one another and one taunts the other to get him/her to react. The object of the exercise is to not react to anything. People resort to using cruel, racist, sexist comments and it gets pretty sick. Also they have you sit without moving, not even a yawn is allowed (try and control that!) It starts with sessions of 5, l0 minutes and goes up to an hour. There didn't seem to be any rhyme or reason for this exercise except to wear a person down. Imagine being in withdrawl and not being able to move. (and stop twitching) Read more about this on the sites www.stopnarconon.com or www.operationclambake.com. They just want your money and before you even begin treatment you have to sign a telephone directory's worth of documents declaring that you won't sue them under any circumstance whatsoever. It's not a very encouraging sign nor does it inspire trust when you are first quitting drugs and looking for help. Read the "stories" of the former "students" there on the 2 sites I mentioned. I can't say enough about this horrible program but if I told you everything they did there you'd think I was stark raving mad. Good luck! Haviva

Looking4Help is offline Junior Member

Eugene, I'm with you unless someone is truly and severely depressed. Most of us get put on these drugs for anxiety and mild depression and then comes the shocker when the drugs no longer work or just make you feel like nothing...no ups no downs.

Then comes the fun part, withdrawals...what a ride.

I've decided I will use the my own power, spirituality and some common sense, eat better, exercise more and get some rest.

WATCH THIS IMMEDIATELY EVERYONE WHO READS THIS:
    http://theunfunnytruth.ytmnd.com/

Jesus Christ will help you through. -Betsy

Miles is offline Member

Betsy:

First, I am not a Scientologist. Regarding the material presented in your link, much the same may be said and already has been said about Christianity. If you truly believe “Jesus Christ will help you through,” you know that your Jesus would be a bit more tolerant than you of those with opposing views.

Miles

You have succeeded in greatly offending me by suggesting I'm intolerant. I merely insisted that all who come across this thread access the listed material which, incidentallly, I had no role in producing. It was an informational film with views obviously differing from yours, to which you might apply your own advice of Christlike tolerance. It was absolutely not an attack on any ideas or religion on my behalf, and my own religion is completely irrelevant to this topic. I've accumulated quite a bit of knowledge on the disasters caused by Christian radicals throughout history adn liek to think I'nm quite well aware of how hypocritical so many historical Christian figures have been.

In claiming that "Jesus Christ will help you through," I am merely offering a word of encouragement to those who may be suffering, whom I'm sure someone with your apparently vast wisdom is fully aware that the religion of Christianity appeals to emphatically.

I have expressed no intolerance but for that of intolerance itself. Please do not accost me with such subtle implications unless I've truly deserved them.

Please don't feel as though I'm being on the offensive, merely the defensive.

Jesus Christ will help you through. -Betsy