Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By novembergirl
  • 1 Post By Anonymous
  • 1 Post By damyon_j
  • 1 Post By Anonymous
Quit smoking naturally
    kennych is offline New Member

Default Quit smoking naturally

Here is an efficient therapy to stop smoking: 30 grams of dried pumpkin vine. Simmer it in water with some brown sugar to get a bowl of soup. Take the soup for 3 times per day. Repeat for 7 days. It works very well.

kennych is offline New Member

Default Anything else is easier than this?

Any other remedies easier than this one?

jadehsu7 is offline New Member

Hi, thanks for posting this.

My friend told me about a new site where you can ask any questions you have about alternative medicine and it will be answered by a practitioner or medical doctor for free.
    Last edited by ddcmod; 12-05-2009 at 04:30 PM.

siamacupuncture is offline New Member

Not exactly a remedy, but acupuncture is very effective at helping people quit smoking. The most commonly used technique is a specific form of acupuncture called Auricular (Ear) Acupuncture. Small needles are inserted into specific ear points to help balance the emotions, curb cravings, and help the body detox.

The treatment also works for any other form of substance abuse.
    Last edited by ddcmod; 12-05-2009 at 04:31 PM.

cess06 is offline New Member

Thanks those are very helpful. Smoking habit is really hard to quit. I hate smoking and I hate smokers. Smoking can harm your health also your teeth.

Robert_325 is offline Retired

Smoking is not an involuntary action. You have to go spend $5 plus a pack, tear the pack open, buy a $2.50 lighter that may or may not work, then stick the nasty thing in your mouth and suck on it while you put fire to it. That is a voluntary action, plain and simple. Get some freakin self control!

It's like any other dependency. IF you put them down and don't use just like the priciples of recovery you can quit like everything else. Just matters if you really want to or not. Didn't say it was easy, but it's not any harder than other drugs. Cigarettes are no harder to stop than taking oxy in mass quantity and we stop that. People cop out on quitting cigarettes because they are legal. Otherwise it wouldn't be an issue. That is a FACT!!!
    I am not a dr. My statements are based on years of experience and related education. Consult with the professional of your choice regarding matters of concern.

Kelly89 is offline New Member

I just wanted to comment: It took me Y-E-A-R-S to quit smoking! What really helped me was subliminals directed toward quitting, not buying them (but allowing myself as many as I needed when I actually needed them, so bumming them or buying a pack and giving the rest away once the urge was gone) and Anger Management Classes, for the first few months, as the withdrawal was totally scary. The most important thing is not to beat yourself up when you cave. Just get back on the wagon,and move on...

Best of luck!

Kelly...
    Last edited by ddcmod; 12-05-2009 at 04:31 PM.

newyorkgal is offline Platinum Member

Pleeaasse... I bet the pumpkin soup is touted as a diet aid elsewhere also. I quit smoking 4-1/2 months ago after being a LIFETIME smoker, sometimes as much as 2 packs a day. I wore a patch the first 2 days for moral support then stopped even that. When the urge came, I told myself I knew the urge would go away in a very short time and as the mind wanders, the urge DOES go away. Its an addictive drug, for sure, and not easy, but I would hardly advise anyone to have soup. It can be done. I believe accupuncture and/or hypnosis can be an aid, though not a cure, soup, nope.

novembergirl is offline New Member

As with any addiction/bad habit, until a person is ready to stop, they will not stop. Does not matter what they use, be it a pharms or natural methods. Years ago I tried everything, from meds to herbs to the patch. It was not until Christmas 2007 that I had it in me to give it up for good. It sucked, too. Good luck to everyone regardless of how you get there.

Anonymous Guest

Hi Novembergirl
    how did you quit ??? did you just go c/t ...good for you if you did...
    I cheated and went the chantix route...but it worked good for me...
    but great job....it really feels good to not smoke now...
    talk to you later, Melinda

Quote Originally Posted by melinda7.5 View Post
    Hi Novembergirl
    how did you quit ??? did you just go c/t ...good for you if you did...
    I cheated and went the chantix route...but it worked good for me...
    but great job....it really feels good to not smoke now...
    talk to you later, Melinda
    I tapered! Went from a pack or so a day and cut that in 1/2 immediately. Took about 3 months to completely stop, and let me tell you that the hardest time was when I was down to about 4 or 5 per day. I actually stayed there for about a month, and smoked my last ciggie 12/22/07. I've been struggling with it lately, kind of afraid I'll cave. As with anything, the quitting is only half the battle, it's the staying quit that kills ya!
    lisalovesg64 likes this.

Anonymous Guest

Oh man...LOL...I have caved before and I was so sorry I had to start all over and you know how hard it is...when I walk into a store now I can smell when people are smoking outside and YUCK I try to tell myself if I smoke I will smell like that or when I have cheated I come home and kiss my husband and I just hate it couse I know he is thinking ...she stinks...LOL...so I try to keep myself in check that way...
    I just wish I could find something to replace it...I think that would do it...but I don't want to eat or anything like that...have you found anything that works for you...
    lisalovesg64 likes this.

Good old fashioned will power, you know when you are ready you are ready. Oh, and food. Lots of it, gained about 20 pounds that first 6 months. I call it my freshman 20, LOL!!! In seriousness, I work in a field where smoking is something we advise people to stop doing in the course of their care, so it was time to put my money where my mouth is!!! Good on you girl for stopping youself. It's hard!

damyon_j is offline New Member

'Quitting' smoking is just the problem in my experience. The very word 'quitting' connotes a protracted affair that you must survive, whereas the word quit, when you say it to yourself, implies responsibility, the sense of control that is the reason why we smoke and hate ourselves for smoking at once in the first place - survival. Just this minor adjustment in perception is the gamebreaker for most in their efforts to stop being a government sponsored smoke stack.

That said, I do think that this 'willpower' you here about in all of big pharma's nicotine replacement product commercials (the exact refrain is "To be used with willpower," as I recall) is something of an inhuman realm of fantasy. In my experience, humans aren't disciplined so much as they are aware of and of how to nurture their nature to survive. This is to say that they don't do anything that they percieve to be more painful than gainful. So if the pain a person associates with lighting 'one more' for the quitting road is less tangible, less everpresent, than the pain they associate with smoking that last fag, then willpower is a deviation of their nature to quit.

Assuming this theory is valid, then I'd say the best way to quit, if you are going to forego psychological or holistic therapy (such as acupunture as mentioned earlier in this thread), is to create and continually visualize mental associations with your lung-pollution sticks that you percieve to be immediately painful - that trigger your emotions when you so much as think about smoking. The problem with this tactic, is that you will still be trying to surmount cravings and this often leads to irritability, excessive hunger, social situation adversion, weight gain and depression. If you are going to try and stay this coarse, than I recommend that you practice relaxation techniques, especially those that focus on your breathing for, as my naturopath once related to me: "once you smoke, you breath" (as twisted and oxymoronic as that I realize that sounds).

If you don't want to outlast and outwit all of the side-effects I just mentioned that go with going "cold turkey" than I recommend that you cut yourself free of the roots of your cravings altogether. The most successful way to do this that I have found is NLP, an addiction cure that I first encountered in one of self-help luminary Anthony Robbins' early books (I think the title was "Awaken The Giant" or something to the effect of that).

Regards to whomever reads this, whether they are 'quitting' or are ready to 'quit',
    Daymon
    Last edited by damyon_j; 12-01-2009 at 04:56 PM.
    lisalovesg64 likes this.

Chantrix is NOT cheating at all. Just like sub or methadone for opiates, chantrix is an aid and a good one, at that. I had the most horrifying vivid dreams when I tried the chantrix root or I'd have done it that way. For me, cold turkey with patches for a couple of days seemed to be the only viable option but not necesssarily the one I would have chosen. The one that makes it possible with the least "pain" is the way to go. Great if chantrix works.

Anonymous Guest

i only smoked for 2 years, about 25 years ago.

in the end, it was the actual decision to do it i think, that was the clincher.
    no more, last packet, next week, next day, one more packet,
    i woke up one morning, and went "if i REALLY want to quit, im going to"

now i only had 2 years of this nasty addiction, and it was hard, but i have never ever looked back.

it makes you stink, i had a partner who smoked, and it was awful. kissing an ashtray they say. thats real. and their hands stink. its bloody awful, but you dont want to be a continual nag.

good on all of you who have managed to stay off. big ups to you.

just think, of all the hard work you have done to get where you are , dont ever go back to it.
    it costs a fortune, and you will stink, again.
    AND YOUR LUNGS WILL BE GRATEFUL, AND YOUR FAMILIES. GOOD ON YOU.
    lisalovesg64 likes this.

The stinking thing is funny. I have smoked most of my adult life (and teenaged life too).... I NEVER smelled it on another person not even a bit. About 2 weeks after quitting, I was with my sister, a smoker, and I got close and boy, was it disgusting (Sorry Nan, I love you but you NOW stink. Jump on the bandwagon) As cheeky said MY lungs ARE grateful and yours will be too. And cigs in NY are now $8 where I live and over $10 in the city (Manhattan).... Smoking is bcoming something only the rich can do here in NY. It seems I'm dropping vices like flies. One left.